How Much Baht For A Thai Webmaster?

manarak

I'm thinking about employing a Thai freelance webmaster who should have fair command of English and competent in PHP/MySQL/Javascript/CSS and have fair skills in clean & modern graphical design. Doesn't need to be a XHTML-Nazi though.

Whats a ballpark figure of a monthly fee for such a freelancer on a full-time basis? (i.e. 8 hours per day - but would that be 1 or 2 days off per week?)

Edited by manarak

20,000 - 25,000.

Although with web development you get what you pay for.

Many Thais still seem to be stuck in the using tables for layout rut and leave gaping security holes in their PHP code; which to be fair isn't difficult to do.

MC

Edited by makescents

i had couple of my websites done in thailand by a gentleman named lee. his company is design chemical, their prices are very good and the site turned to be very professional, a lot of thai guys here knows how to design a website but Lee and his team knows the programming as well. I totaly recommend their service.

Ps, no i dont work for Lee and i am not Lee as well :)

20,000 - 25,000.

Although with web development you get what you pay for.

Many Thais still seem to be stuck in the using tables for layout rut and leave gaping security holes in their PHP code; which to be fair isn't difficult to do.

MC

really so cheap? that's for a month and for a guy with fair english?

Ukrainians ask for 1000 EUR minimum.

Maybe I should be more precise in my criteria, I am a self-employed webmaster mainly making websites for my own profit (i.e. I own the sites I make).

I own 2 servers in a datacenter and administrate them myself.

My specialty is developing complex user-driven php portal systems. Security is my responsibility.

I am not looking to outsource my websites, I want someone to help with some aspects which bore me (like design) or which I'm not good at (including making a thai version of my sites).

I hope that clarifies my needs.

i had couple of my websites done in thailand by a gentleman named lee. his company is design chemical, their prices are very good and the site turned to be very professional, a lot of thai guys here knows how to design a website but Lee and his team knows the programming as well. I totaly recommend their service.

thanks for your recommendation, I will keep it in mind.