How Not Undertake Electrical And Plumbing Repairs

Artisi

Some interesting pics there Artisi :)

The pics involving electricity are definitely potentially lethal.

Just a short story...when I was working as a switchboard designer, I was asked to look at a problem with a rather large switchboard that supplied a large block of flats in North Sydney. Somebody had decided that they wanted a GPO (power outlet) on the outside of the main switchboard so they simply connected 2.5mm 3 core cable to the load side of the Main Circuit Breaker (1000 amps @ 35kA) & then connected the GPO to this cable.

BTW, an electrician called me to look at this. I think he may have been the culprit as he asked me if the installation was correct. When he got the answer, "No, it isn't", he asked me how much it would cost to correct it.

The end result was about $3000 to install 1 x GPO. I can explain why it cost so much, if required.

I guess this is one reason why some people are willing to risk their lives...to save money. The problem is that if a fault had occured, it could've burnt down the whole block of flats (about 300 inits) & the guilty party would've been up on a manslaughter charge if anybody had died or a culpable charge nonetheless.

The daft thing (as always) is that the cost to do it right is actually minimal.

The plumbing pictures particularly, show that in many cases the culprit actually had the right bits, just not assembled in the right order. Some people just have zero spacial awareness.

Welcome to broilmasters school of carpentry. That is some of the worst homespun Butchery I have ever seen. I especially like the cripple creek awning repair! If you don't have any common sense hire a pro. the electrical may be your last install you ever do.

I am not sure how anyone can butch up plastic pipes in plumbing. Must have been a banker or a white collar can't do anything in the do it yourself practical world.

The plumbing pictures particularly, show that in many cases the culprit actually had the right bits, just not assembled in the right order. Some people just have zero spacial awareness.

....or wasn't allowed to use a saw to cut the pipe to length.

I also think doing it right would have been quicker and cheaper in parts - but the used what they had to hand.

I’m sure there are but world wide it would be millions. Thailand does not hold a candle to some countries when it comes to idiots.

:D

there must be hundreds if not thousands of those butcher job examples in thailand :)

anyone watched the "party tent" companies string lighting with pins to pick up power off the cable suspended under the tent. Watched 'em do it at our wedding and ran to fetch some electrical tape at "least use it" I thought ....all I got was a smile as they gave it back to me.....sigh.....