Stolen Cameras - Fuji S9500 And Olympus Tough 8000.

grahamhc

Stolen cameras - Fuji S9500 and Olympus Tough 8000. Have you seen them? - reward offered

On New Years Eve - 31/12/2009, a thief broke into my house and stole 2 cameras - a Fuji S9500 (Serial Number T4902520280978 ) and an Olympus Tough 8000 (Serial Number H02510792 ), together with 5,400 Baht and several bottles of whisky and gin.

These were reported to the police that day and they are following up, without success.

Axa Insurance have refused to compensate me for the loss, as I did not itemise them on my household policy (and the broker failed to ask why they were not included when I renewed my policy) - but the profits of Insurance Companies the world over rely on customers not reading the small print.

I am offering a reward for either their return or information leading to the arrest of the thief. The police have been supplied with "break-in tools" used which should have fingerprints - just need to match them to a thief.

If you ask why I took so long in putting out this notice, it is because I suspect due to the value of the items, the thief may have pawned them, and now is the time to put un-redeemed items on the shop shelf.

As forum rules do not allow email on mobile numbers, please PM me with any information.

The lack of edit button on TV posts did not let me add images of the Stolen Sameras, hence this follow-on post.

post-34728-1268122812_thumb.jpg post-34728-1268122824_thumb.jpg

The Fuji S9500 was a 9.5Mpx, 10x zoom SLR type camera. It was the top end of the range camera with a price tag of 23,900 baht when new 3-4 years ago

post-34728-1268122872.jpg

The Olympus Tough 8000 was a go anywhere rugged camera which is shockproof and waterproof to 10 M. Also Songkran proof !! Mine was the stainless steel finish version. This one had a price tag of 17,000 Baht when I bought it 6 months ago. Mine had the sticky "what it does" labels still on it, but maybe they have now been removed.

Photography has been my hobby for 40-50 years hence owning quality equipment.

I would try the second hand shop next to Carrefour. Not that they'll give you your stuff back or tell you who sold it to them.

Do you mean Cash Converters? They shut about a year ago and was replaced by a Kasikorn Bank branch?

I would try the second hand shop next to Carrefour. Not that they'll give you your stuff back or tell you who sold it to them.

Do you mean Cash Converters? They shut about a year ago and was replaced by a Kasikorn Bank branch?

Cash Converters at Carrefour only reduced the size of their shop, they are still there. Now located in between the new Kasikorn Bank (previously the entrance to Cash Converters) and the toilets.

There are many smaller second hand shops around the city, I'd guess that a thief wouldn't trade stolen equipment at a place where there are several security cameras around, but you never know.

'I'd guess that a thief wouldn't trade stolen equipment at a place where there are several security cameras around.

Given that the muppets regularly carry out murders for hire using mopeds registered in their own names in front of witnesses and cameras I would never make this assumption.