Tv Pissup In June

custard

Let's vote  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Friday June 10th, Livingstone's" - Perfect! What kind of time's kick off? If u see a lost looking bearded fella wandering around, have pity and beckon him over, it'll probably be me :o

I get an idea of the concept of a pissup but could you spell it for me. Sorry I'm from the States and it's just not a term we use. Thanks

Translation: Just a meet n' greet really. To someone stateside, a 'pissup' probably conjures up a different impression? Lager louts, soccer yobs, general hedonism? :D Truth be told, the few I've attended were great nights out, really good people all round, lotsa laffs and not a yob in sight (maybe a bit lagerish as the evening goes on mind you) :D. Of course there's always the TVL factor... that would be the lovely TV Ladies, of course :o:D

Translation: Just a meet n' greet really.  To someone stateside,  a 'pissup' probably conjures up a different impression? Lager louts, soccer yobs, general hedonism?  :D  Truth be told, the few I've attended were great nights out, really good people all round, lotsa laffs and not a yob in sight (maybe a bit lagerish as the evening goes on mind you) :D. Of course there's always the TVL factor... that would be the lovely TV Ladies, of course :o  :D

You mean we aren't going to be nud_e? I demand hedonism!

Since the place is only a couple of stone-throws away from where I am residing, we'll see if I might show up, in one shape or another.

Only question I might have are...I'm kinda guessing the average age-group is some generation or two above mine? =)

And the other, strictly to cover ones rear since the lady of the house saw the pictures with all the 'girls' of the bar - is this a forums-users-only gathering or do any of you bring 'others'? (read: wifes/gf's.)

well saw herman (livngstone) last night, the 10th is out as he has a private function that night, of course i was invited :D

the 17th is okay, with draft heineken at bt.69 per glass all night, otherwise gulliver's on the 10th?????????????????? :o

Gulliver's, Soi 5  :o

Oh dear... I should have seen this coming... It will always be coming back to haunt me for the rest of my life... sob sob... :D

BTW, I suggest we'd better change the venue.

How about...................

Sod it.

Gulliver's soi 5? :D

Edited by LovelyCutie

If it's to be a get together for TV members and guests, Livingstone's still gets my vote.

More options, more fun, better menu, and a change from the obvious.

Bring your cozzie and who knows where the night will take us.

LIVINGSTONE'S 17TH

T.

He's a non member and bereft of any rights or inputs whatsoever.

There you go, udon. You can't ridicule me now that I have Doc on my side. :o

Ouch, Sinney rules don't seem to apply on TV Udon :D Anyways, we already had our little 'pissup' on 33 a ways back.

Now, just get those legs going and head back up to LOS :D

Gullivers (imho) isn't ideal since it's a huge cavern, depressing music (sissy boy bands- cryin in yr beer sh1t, or worse, pimp rap). Not speaking out of school here, told the GM myself a while ago. Food, service and Pool is great on the balance tho.

If I were able to convince you guys, I'd suggest Tawandeng Brew Pub. But, unless you'd been there before, no chance of that happening. Great place for a group night out but maybe not a TV pissup. Took my Dad with a group of us when he was here and he had such a good time, he made us go back twice in 2 weeks :D

Ok, so WHERE and WHEN???

Edited by bahtandsold

Pissups can not be put off because of a venue isnt available!! :D 1000X places in BKK I'm sure we can find others to get legless in. :o

I suggested Sin, on Sukhumvit Soi 4. next to The Ball in Hand. (DJ PAT recommeded) LC will take a look and report back if its alright.

The new music venue looks like it will bring the club scene in the Nana area up to date. Expats looking for a nice club in the Nana area have always been forced to take a walk to Q Bar, Mystique or the like.

They have opened up the top floor and roof to add a pool table lounge and a very large beer garden / restaurant. Last week I was concerned that such a rooftop concept would be a bit of a rice cooker in the Bangkok heat and humidity, but they have equipped it with a mixture of air-con, fans, table umbrellas, fixed awnings, and a large main bar awning that shades you in the day then retracts at night giving a unique open, rooftop experience.

Plus close so we can join Doc, Huski, and George in their special corner!! :D