Forum upgrade in progress! ×

"Forum Portal" Page - Excellent But Can We Have

RDN

I have recently started using the "Forum Portal" page and think it is excellent - especially the "Latest Topic Replies" window.

But when I load up the page, I get this intermediate view which includes a nice long "Latest Topic Replies" window:

big1ar.jpg

And then eventually, the other windows beneath it load up, and I can only see three entries in the window:

small5eo.jpg

Is it possible for users to adjust the size of the "Latest Topic Replies" window? Or move the windows below it?

I think that particular window is the most useful, but sometimes I'm not quick enough to click on a topic before it scrolls away!

I think I must have been asleep in class.

Could you please post the link to this portal.

Edit: Asleep or too drunk!

I have now noticed the link on the top right of the menu.

:o

:D:D It's neat, isn't it? But how many topics in the "Latest Topic Replies" box do you see?

The latest topic is a javscript which is rolling like a ticker, so if you have javascript activated, you should be able to see it ok.

But George, it is far too small, much better to have it display bigger. I already requested this ages ago.

I really like the "Latest Topic Replies" Box, but it is far too small.

There is heaps of empty real estate on that side of the screen.

Can we have the box at least as big as the "Stats" box?

Pleeeeeezzzze...  :D

Good idea TizMe. :o

Seconded.

:D

Yes, it's nice to be sponsored by a bank!

Just a pity that the window can't be personalised to display the currencies that are of interest to us. I'm sure that there are many TV users interested in USD, GBP and EUR, but I bet that there would be more interest in other currencies (say AUD for example) than JPY or HKD.

The latest topic is a javscript which is rolling like a ticker, so if you have javascript activated, you should be able to see it ok.

But George, it is far too small, much better to have it display bigger. I already requested this ages ago.

I really like the "Latest Topic Replies" Box, but it is far too small.

There is heaps of empty real estate on that side of the screen.

Can we have the box at least as big as the "Stats" box?

Pleeeeeezzzze...   :D

Good idea TizMe. :o

Seconded.

Seconded again.

I think I must have been asleep in class.

Could you please post the link to this portal.

Edit: Asleep or too drunk!

I have now noticed the link on the top right of the menu.

:o

:D:D It's neat, isn't it? But how many topics in the "Latest Topic Replies" box do you see?

I counted 18 until I got distracted - in a scrolling box.

I'm using Firefox 1.04 with Java activated (wouldn't use anything else nowerdays except, perhaps, Opera).

I like the Forum Portal page also. Have set this as my browser homepage!

I agree with the comments about the Latest Topic Replies- would be nice if it was bigger.

I am also curious to know about the "Personal Block" (You have not edited your HTML yet) in the same column as the Latest Topic Replies. What is it? I can't find any explanation in the Help.

I am also curious to know about the "Personal Block" (You have not edited your HTML yet) in the same column as the Latest Topic Replies. What is it? I can't find any explanation in the Help.

You can use the "PB" to set up your own personal links. I'm not sure why you would use it though as Favorites/Bookmarks do the same but are simplar to use.

You can use the "PB" to set up your own personal links. I'm not sure why you would use it though as Favorites/Bookmarks do the same but are simplar to use.

OIC! Tks! :o

Agree with you!

RDN,

I presume you have noticed that if you put the cursor over a title in

"Latest Topic Replies" then it stops scrolling and you have all the time in the world to decide if you want to read it or not.

if you travel a lot and use net cafes or other ppl's computers, then you don't have your favorites/bookmarks with you. So by using this feature you can load your Thaivisa page, and then you've got the ones you want the most...

RDN,

I presume you have noticed that ...

You presume correctly! (But I still would like it much longer :D )

And my apologies to TizMe for not spotting your post (actually, I probably did, but didn't know what you were talking about as I've only recently started using the forum portal :o:D ).

RDN,

I presume you have noticed that if you put the cursor over a title in

"Latest Topic Replies" then it stops scrolling and you have all the time in the world to decide if you want to read it or not.

T, I'm an impatient man. It's the waiting for the topics to scroll that anoys me. It it was bigger then they would be there to see straight away.

if you travel a lot and use net cafes or other ppl's computers, then you don't have your favorites/bookmarks with you. So by using this feature you can load your Thaivisa page, and then you've got the ones you want the most...

Mmm, good thinking Merlin. I hadn't thought of that.

OK then here's a new request.... Someway of importing your favorites/bookmarks into PB. :o

Mmm, good thinking Merlin. I hadn't thought of that.

OK then here's a new request.... Someway of importing your favorites/bookmarks into PB. :o

well in Firefox it's easy: