Hot, Hot, Hot. Hot Season Seems Early This Year

sbk

It's the first time I've been here this time of the year, both other times having been from May to October, and May-June-July is hot, but these past few weeks seem to be rather hotter than I would have expected as a gradual, steady increase from the cool of December-January through to May-June.

It feels dryer but not far off the temperatures I'd expect in May.

Currently, it's 32C down in Rayong, and feels like 40.1. The dew point is a typical 25.0C, relative humidity 67% with pressure at 1011.06 hPa and sea breezes from the South at 8.0 kts. Sunrise was at 06:24 and sunset will be at 18:23.

It's to hot nobody can hear me. My words just evaporate before they leave my mouth. :D

That is the opposite of the Canadian story of people having to bring their frozen words inside to thaw them out before anyone could hear. :)

about normal i reckon, but it seems like someone threw the oven switch on fan bake in the past 2 weeks.

im trying to wake up earlier 5.30am, so i can at least get out side and enjoy the smoggy cool air cough.gif

It's the first time I've been here this time of the year, both other times having been from May to October, and May-June-July is hot, but these past few weeks seem to be rather hotter than I would have expected as a gradual, steady increase from the cool of December-January through to May-June.

Currently, it's 32C down in Rayong, and feels like 40.1. The dew point is a typical 25.0C, relative humidity 67% with pressure at 1011.06 hPa and sea breezes from the South at 8.0 kts. Sunrise was at 06:24 and sunset will be at 18:23.

Yes but what time does the 1 legged dog cross the road?

I was told by a Thai lady that it has been the hottest in Phuket for 20 years. Anyone have any historical data?

and its been the coldest winter in the UK for 30 years ! .... has global warming xaught up ?

Yeah well you must live on the beach. :D If you were over the other side of Sukumvit on the dark side it's always hot all year round, no sea breeze and we are normally in shock. :) However where most of the dark side people are it's airconditioned bars so we really don't know what it's like outside. :D

Hotter than hel_l this year. I will have to take my neighbor up on using his borehole water & get some pipes to channel the water to the top gardens or face running out of water soon. I think it is 30 days early this year & very little rain to date as in the past years.

No sooner a thread on how hot it's been, than the weather changes. In Banchang, Rayong the wind has been southerly every day for the last six weeks. Overnight it's changed to NNE and it rained here this morning, quite a bit cooler as well.

No sooner a thread on how hot it's been, than the weather changes. In Banchang, Rayong the wind has been southerly every day for the last six weeks. Overnight it's changed to NNE and it rained here this morning, quite a bit cooler as well.

It is rather unusual here in Ban Chang this morning, in the mist after the rain. It's officially 27.0 °C with broken clouds and mist in Amphur Rayong, with humidity down from the 94% of a couple of hours ago to 79%, and the NE wind has dropped to a mild 4.0 knots (I reckon the .0 is a guess as it's always reported as something.0) but here on Sukhumvit, I just went out on the balcony for ten minutes, and there's actually a slight cool chill in the breeze, which is a first time in my experience in Thailand, even through December-January.

There must be a rather serious storm on the way if this is so calm now, before the storm.

It is rather unusual here in Ban Chang this morning, in the mist after the rain. It's officially 27.0 °C with broken clouds and mist in Amphur Rayong, with humidity down from the 94% of a couple of hours ago to 79%, and the NE wind has dropped to a mild 4.0 knots (I reckon the .0 is a guess as it's always reported as something.0) but here on Sukhumvit, I just went out on the balcony for ten minutes, and there's actually a slight cool chill in the breeze, which is a first time in my experience in Thailand, even through December-January.

There must be a rather serious storm on the way if this is so calm now, before the storm.

You mean the storm that the weather department predicted and all the smart <deleted> here laughed at?

It's currently 21deg C at my place in Buri Ram, at 11:45. Freeeezing.

You mean the storm that the weather department predicted and all the smart <deleted> here laughed at?

It's currently 21deg C at my place in Buri Ram, at 11:45. Freeeezing.

Well, it is a little later than predicted last week, but such a change as this is likely to cause some sort of meteorological reaction to balance out this unusual calm. I'm all set to weather the storm from here in this hotel room, just back from the 711 with extra stocks of Oishi and Birdy and Marlboro and potato chips and I already bought a couple of cartons of Chang Lite yesterday - not to mention I have the KFC delivery hotline saved on my Nokia. I'm not going to starve or die of thirst for a few days now.

Bring on the rain, I say!

:)

PS: this is the first day yet where I've been happy with the balcony doors and windows open and no need for the air-cond, and it's around a minute to noon.

Yep it was strange. I was there a couple weeks ago It was sweltering in Bangkok and actually cool in Ban Dung, lol. Go figure.

It is probably a response to global warming.

If you talk with elderly people in Thailand, they will tell you that in the past the hot season began in April but now starts in March.

So the hot weather is coming earlier and lasting longer.

We can anticipate much hotter weather as the global warming problem intensifies.

My guess is that this increase in "heat" will negatively impact tourism, food production, water reserves, among other things.

in chaam not too hot here. no humidity etc! i actually thought it was cooler than normal. i tend to find march aint that bad. once u get past the first week of april! wow thats when somebody turns on the boiler. cant be more than 25 today.

mornings are still coolish too, sometimes requires a long sleeve tshirt!

the only thing i would say is that i live near the beach therefore a breeze is always prevalent! sometimes knocks me off my bike!!