Hot, Hot, Hot. Hot Season Seems Early This Year

sbk

Yep it was strange. I was there a couple weeks ago It was sweltering in Bangkok and actually cool in Ban Dung, lol. Go figure.

It is probably a response to global warming.

If you talk with elderly people in Thailand, they will tell you that in the past the hot season began in April but now starts in March.

So the hot weather is coming earlier and lasting longer.

We can anticipate much hotter weather as the global warming problem intensifies.

My guess is that this increase in "heat" will negatively impact tourism, food production, water reserves, among other things.

there is no such thing as global warming!! a load of codswallop. the earth only heats/cools due to solar flares etc which are cyclical!remember records of temps have only existed for few hundreds of years, yet the planet has been here for way longer. this means any statistics u read are over a miniscule period in the earth's existence and are completely irrelevant!! GREEN TAXES are the only reason they get the scientists to make up this tripe!!!! wake up and smell the napalm!! humans (although we think we are significant) have no real bearing on the temp of the earth. stop watching the al gore sideshows (which have decreased recently with all the snow in us). he has made a lot lot lot of money from this bs! I wouldnt also listen to old people!! my gran/grandad are 95 and they often spout stuff like 'its the coldest winter ever ive never seen rain like it'!! etc etc/ old people like to romance and exaggerate! its what they do.

Early this year, there was no real cold season too.

The Europeans should send us a few tons of ice - they have they coldest winter for decades.

Your right about no cool this winter, we always stay in KK mid Nov to Mid March and this was the hottest we have experienced.

Oh!! Stop complaining!! It's absolutely freezing here, I am wearing two sweatshirts and a sweater, two pairs of socks and my woolly slippers. Oh, to be where you are!!

Next year, hopefully......

You sound like my grandmother - all dressed up for bed :D:D:)

Yes, but probably in your Granny's day she didn't have heating. I have heating on full blast, but there is this freezing wind blowing and it seems to have found gaps in my windows. Also I have some sort of flu - oh woe is me!!! Plus, my friends are off the Thailand today - I am feeling a bit sorry for myself....

And I don't go to bed with all those clothes on, I look like a Michelin man!! - I have an extra warm duvet and a cat.

Currently 87.5 ºF in Phuket.

Its Very hot,try taking a shower! :D

During the middle of the day, the 'cold' water comes out of the shower at 95 ºF :) - I measured it. The dämn water pipe is exposed to the sun for about 200m. :D

It was so cold today that I went out and had a fight with my Bouganvilla in the middle of the afternoon, without even breaking a sweat. It was a dam_n close run thing, but I won through in the end. It's actually warmer now at 22:30 (25 deg C) than it was at midday, so I don't think it will last.

Edited by ballpoint

Oh!! Stop complaining!! It's absolutely freezing here, I am wearing two sweatshirts and a sweater, two pairs of socks and my woolly slippers. Oh, to be where you are!!

Next year, hopefully......

I don't think it's hot. I do think it's bloody humid though. Then again, I'm an Australian. Where I come from, 47 degrees Celsius at 80% RH is not unheard of (you can't move in that climate).

BTW, what's a "sweatshirt"? Is it a T-shirt? I know that a sweater is a jumper.

Edited by elkangorito