Text Message Advertisements

keestha

Since about 2 months or so I am constantly being pestered with text message advertisements coming in on my mobile phone. It could have something to do with the fact that I have had this number since 1999, and that the number is registered on the name of my Thai company limited, and also my telephone number is listed on quite a few websites.

Especially when I am driving it is quite irritating, because I have to stop and take a look at it because it could be something that has to do with my business.

Is there any way to get rid of these ads, like a number you can call in order to request to be put on a no call list?

Thanks in advance for useful input.

If you have AIS or One-2-call, just call 1175 and ask to be removed from their sms partner promotions. They will take you off immediately.

Just called them, they told me the messages would stop ultimately 7 days from now, and that I should call them again again in case the messages wouldn't stop. Will keep you posted.

On holiday here. Got a sim on sunday and immediately the sms's started. Pissed me off getting woken up at 5am with some stupid sports spam in thai. Rang 1175 and got through withing 10 rings. Said it would take 24hrs but didn't get another one after the call. Took a couple of goes explaining tot the girl but happy now.