Apple Care For A New Macbook...

hellohello

hi mac lovers, just got my new macbook online shipped from China. very happy and good service with the apple store in Thailand.

Im wanting to get applecare. any one used this site http://www.ishopandmore.com/ ? Im weary of their super cheap prices. Or can recommended another option> Ive found it online with Amazon too . I live in a very remote place so pantip is not do-able.

Just trying to save a few baht :-)

Thanks gang HH

Well if you want to be sure, get Apple's super duper expensive 3 year warranty. I vowed to always do this from now on, after my MacBook Pro's screen broke 2 weeks out of warranty. Actually, if you are in the USA, then 2 weeks out of warranty is probably close enough to get a complimentary fix. But in Thailand - absolutely no way.

• 6 months later...

I always get mine on Ebay. Just find a seller with good feedback. Never had any problem and it saves lots of money.

Most people think it's only possible to buy Apple products directly from apple. Not even close. There has to be a corporate/integrator channel so IT firms etc can buy cheaper and markup up Apple products and still be competitive to the end user/corporate buyer.

That's why you can buy a new Macbook Pro etc on Ebay and save 20+ % over the Apple store. If there was not a discount channel no self respecting integrator would ever recommend Apple products to its customers.

As far as Apple Care goes a new owner has 1 year to add the extended contract(extends for 3 yrs from initial hardware purchase). A new buyer could wait 11 months and if a problem cropped up before that then just go buy the Apple Care online and register the product etc. You can go to the Apple site and enter the machines SN# and see the status of its coverage.

I would be careful about buying Apple Care online because there must be some scammers but if basic precautions are taken then its a huge savings. I have registered three Apple Products like this in Thailand and no problems getting Apple Care coverage from the MacZone here in CM.

Believe me if MacZone or any other reseller starting selectively honoring Apple Care contracts based on where they were purchased then their Apple Relationship would be in jeopardy. AppleCare means it's honored by ALL Apple authorized service facilities.