Thai Consulate In Amsterdam

I need to get another 12 month multi-entry Non-Imm 'O' visa.

Previously, I've got it in my home country of UK (the Birmingham consulate), and also last year while on holiday in Brisbane, Australia.

Am going back to Europe soon for 2 months, but the last month will be 'on the continent'. So, rather than waste a month of my new visa by obtaining it in UK, was wondering what the visa service in Amsterdam is like.

Anyone had good, efficient experience with the Thai consulate in Amsterdam for these types of visas?

Until a few years ago i always received my NON-O B visa from the consulate in Amsterdam

Very fast and professional without any problem.

I received it always within a few minutes but i hear that that is not the case any more and you have to come back the next day. But still a very good and easy place to go.

• 2 months later...

Following my original post, obtained my new Non Imm O multi-entry visa in Amsterdam with no hassle whatsoever.

Went in Thursday morning with the paperwork. Friday was 'Queen's Day' national public holiday, and I went to collect it on the Tuesday morning.

Cost was 120 Euros, and paperwork consisted of 1) Application, 2) Photos x 2, 3) Copy of Marriage certificate & English translation. No need at all to provide proof of funds, such as bank statements.

Now, why can't Penang do the same, eh?

I always try to go there to make my visas { Non-immigrant "O" }.

They're always very nice, fast and helpful.

Two years ago I forgot to bring a picture, and as I stopped there on the way to Shiphol ( and the flight to Thailand leaving in three hours! )

I got a bit desperate when the woman told me i need a picture.

I explained my situation and she said "ok, never mind, you can give me two next year".

Five minutes later I had my visa. And, the next year I gave her two pics. She remembered me and had a laugh about it !

Possibly the best place in Europe to go. Good luck :)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody have an update on the speed of issuing a non-imm O based on marriage visa from this place?

Did I understand correctly that if one goes in the morning they issue the same day?

No, you did not understand correctly. See this post:

Apply today, pick up visa the following working day.

Anybody have an update on the speed of issuing a non-imm O based on marriage visa from this place?

Did I understand correctly that if one goes in the morning they issue the same day?

No, you did not understand correctly. See this post:

Apply today, pick up visa the following working day.

Thanks for clearing this up.