Uk Pensions

Thomaspaul

Applied for UK Pension 7 weeks ago and sent by snail mail docements as proof of marriage

Have heard nothing from them

However when trying to phone them to ckeck status always get left in a queue

Have tried 5 times at different times in the day without speaking to a human

]Does anyone know another way to get answers

or do I wait for 3 months for them to tell me they have not got it

Thonas

Thonas My advice would be to E Mail them. If only to get conformation that they have received Your application.

And Do keep sending them E Mails. I was told when I made telephone calls that they were very busy Until 10 months later They told me they had not received the application.

So do keep your sent mails and any reply you get. I am still in the process of sorting mine out They owe me 18 months back pay for my wife @ £57 per week.

Now I have to go to Tribunal on 14th may I do have evidence. Thank the lord But who knows.

They do require you to send your wife's Original birth Certificate as well as your marriage Cert.

Best of luck Keep at them.

Thonas My advice would be to E Mail them. If only to get conformation that they have received Your application.

And Do keep sending them E Mails. I was told when I made telephone calls that they were very busy Until 10 months later They told me they had not received the application.

So do keep your sent mails and any reply you get. I am still in the process of sorting mine out They owe me 18 months back pay for my wife @ £57 per week.

Now I have to go to Tribunal on 14th may I do have evidence. Thank the lord But who knows.

They do require you to send your wife's Original birth Certificate as well as your marriage Cert.

I'm still in the process of trying to get the Pensions Service to fork out the £57 per week for my Thai wife. I'm pretty certain that the money will be paid, eventually, but the application was submitted in September 2009 and progress has been incredibly slow. All the relevant documentation was provided back then - It's even been returned to me!

I rattled their cage just last week and was told that they have actually got round to applying for a NI number for my wife, without which nothing can be done. OK but why have they taken 6 months to get this far and why is it, apparently, going to take another 6 months to get the NI number! Even when the number is issued it will still take time for them to authorise the payments. How long? No-one seems to know. Never mind, when the money does eventually appear, probably sometime next year at the current rate of progress, it will at least be backdated.

DM

Yes it should be backdated I only got mine in april 2009 Applied for it in may 2008 after our marriage in Jan 2008

That is why I am going to Tribunal

i was informed that they only back date for 3 months,so i was suprised when i recieved over 6 months,still waiting for letter saying they made a mistake, and want it back?????????????????.

after a 7 month application process, i have now been awarded additional allowance on my UK Pension for my wife and it was back dated with arrears paid to my pension start date which was 3/3/08 , the increase is worth 52.36 pounds a week .

If you apply and your wife already has a UK National Insurance number it will be quick, if like me she lives in Thailand and doesnt work and has never had a national insurance number , phone the international pensions centre 008441912187777 and ask for application form, allowance for wife , when you send it in make sure you send in the following , marriage cert, wifes birth cert, and if wife has been divorced her divorce papers , they will translate and start the process for issuing a NIN , send them EMS as it is quicker, registered and you can track it on line at Thai post, if you hear nothing after 6 weeks give them a call or send email , remeber when it arrives at pensions office it takes a further 2 weeks before it is in the hands of the person who will deal with it , badger them with emails and phone calls and it will quicken the process , it did in my case .

Good luck pm me if you want any more details

Dave

I got in touch with the 0845 number today for the first time ever.

It took the best part of 10 minutes, but I did get politely answered to be told there was another number for overseas calls. I called that and it answered immediately and I was informed politely and efficiently.

Message me if you would like me to look it up.

John

[Thanks for your answer. What time did you call and what number

I called the number on website 4 different times and each time left in a queue

Please hold and we will try to connect you

Nightmare

Thomas

quote name=sleepyjohn' date='2010-03-10 23:43:41' post='3403301]

I got in touch with the 0845 number today for the first time ever.

It took the best part of 10 minutes, but I did get politely answered to be told there was another number for overseas calls. I called that and it answered immediately and I was informed politely and efficiently.

Message me if you would like me to look it up.

John

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has a N.I no from the U.K (she worked) the begining of feb i sent her identity card (no birth cert) and marriage cert ,they have both been returned after two weeks ,as of yet heard nothing more,i suppose it will take ages ?