Do You Hope The Redshirts Succeed?

Jingthing

Support the red shirts, or not?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't really care but it would give the elected government back to the people

Funnily enough it is an elected government. :)

This goes around and around doesn't it?

NO!, again NO!

It's a coalition of elected MP's cobbled together by Suthep from disparate and opposing parties (read vested interests) many of whom abandoned their electorate to benefit from the patronage system. (Same system which probably got them voted in, I admit).

This government replaced the previous government which was rendered null and void by a judiciary appointed by an illegal military coup that was retrospectively made legal and subsequently so was the appointed judiciary and government.

That's a VERY good summary. I'd save that and paste it in the next time someone wonders about this topic.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look I dont really care which way it goes I think Thaksin is so corrupt but know people in the poorer part of Thailand (issan) who say when Thaksin was in there roads improved they got running water in the villages they got rubbish pickups alot of good things were done but it is 50 50 to what I think :)

How about the yellow shirts awarding 15,000 cushy government jobs for life

Funny 15,000 paid yellow shirts at the take over of the Airport

Corruption no way JOB CREATION for very untrained to really screw up the system.When I came here 6 years ago everyone called Thailand LOS have not seen anyone on Thai Visa call it for the last 2 years. WHY???

I myself was treated more fairly under the Military Junta

from the government employees then now.We seem to be a bother to them.

Then they had 2 people working now 10-15 doing the same thing.

Thank God the still have 1 of the original that knows what he is doing.

Edited by hardy1943

Look I dont really care which way it goes I think Thaksin is so corrupt but know people in the poorer part of Thailand (issan) who say when Thaksin was in there roads improved they got running water in the villages they got rubbish pickups alot of good things were done but it is 50 50 to what I think :)

How about the yellow shirts awarding 15,000 cushy government jobs for life

Funny 15,000 paid yellow shirts at the take over of the Airport

Corruption no way JOB CREATION for very untrained to really screw up the system.When I came here 6 years ago everyone called Thailand LOS have not seen anyone on Thai Visa call it for the last 2 years. WHY???

I myself was treated more fairly under the Military Junta

from the government employees then now.We seem to be a bother to them.

Then they had 2 people working now 10-15 doing the same thing.

Thank God the still have 1 of the original that knows what he is doing.

Oh ... I saw this was posted on a different thread a few days ago ... and shot down as the cr@p that it is.

How can anyone believe the nutters who are leading the red shirt campaign?

THE NATION: Nuttawat said 1 million cc of blood will be taken from 100,000 protesters and splattered at Govt House tonite.

<deleted> is he thinking? Does he have 100K sterile needles? Couldn't the blood be put to better use? Surely he's breaking some law...

THE NATION: Another red leader, Weng, said 3 million protesters are in town

Sure there are. But none of them are wearing red shirts because they're afraid of being identified as sympathetic to Thaksin, right?

Does anyone really care if they win or lose? The country will be run the same regardless of what party or who is in power.......I personally couldn't give a monkeys C·%&T

Couldn't agree more. I will go one step further; red or yellow, who is likely to be more pragmatic and/or friendly on the issue of foreigners living here in Thailand. From purely selfish angle, what's in it for ME !!! :)

No I hope they fail. How many of the red shirt leaders are 'grassroots' people and how many of them are rich?

Cant support any movement that that gets paid to protest and dont really know what they are protesting for.

Hope when they return to their homes in the north their cattle have died due to no one being there to tend for them. Hope their houses have been burgled by their 'Thais love each other' neighbours and all their karaoke machines/televisions/mobiles etc have gone.

I hope the government introduce MASSIVE taxes on Lao Kao and Bettle nuts.

Then i hope they contact Taksin and ask him for a handout, if they know what country/luxury house he is hiding in!

Sick and tired of hearing about the poor reds who cant afford shoes or school uniforms for their kids but can afford alcohol, mobiles, t.vs, dvds karaoke machines and time to abandon their livliehood (farming) to come and spend god knows how many days creating chaos in Bangkok.

THE NATION: Nuttawat said 1 million cc of blood will be taken from 100,000 protesters and splattered at Govt House tonite.

<deleted> is he thinking? Does he have 100K sterile needles? Couldn't the blood be put to better use? Surely he's breaking some law...

Obviously some hobnob had a bright idea and none of his cronies have the guts to point out the flaws in the plan.

Obviously some hobnob had a bright idea and none of his cronies have the guts to point out the flaws in the plan.

Guts wasn't quite the word I was thinking of...

THE NATION: Another red leader, Weng, said 3 million protesters are in town

Sure there are. But none of them are wearing red shirts because they're afraid of being identified as sympathetic to Thaksin, right?

Yes buddy, your failed sarcasm pretty much nailed it.

Its early in the voting, and I am sure those opposing the red shirts succeeding will be in the majority here, but so far I am surprised even at the size of the minority amount the pro red vote is getting here.

Hi Jingthing, i was wondering how many Isaan farmers have got laptops to even think of voting on this one ?

Its early in the voting, and I am sure those opposing the red shirts succeeding will be in the majority here, but so far I am surprised even at the size of the minority amount the pro red vote is getting here.

Hi Jingthing, i was wondering how many Isaan farmers have got laptops to even think of voting on this one ?

OK, I guess I have to spell this out to some people. This is an EXPAT forum. The vast majority of people using this board are NOT Thai nationals. So my comments were not about Thai nationals. I remain surprised that so many foreigners, even though a minority, can support a movement that embraces a mentally unbalanced corrupt fink like Thaksin.

Edited by Jingthing

I replied "Yes, I hope that they succeed", but I need to qualify...

Yes, I hope that they succeed in bringing the spot light on the issue of the class system in Thailand and how many have been left behind. I also hope they succeed in pushing the "elites" to stop taking the poor for granted and work on helping those outside of Bangkok.

No, I don't hope they succeed in getting Thaksin into power or getting Thaksin pardoned of his crimes or in getting any of Thaksin's money back.

So I am in favour of them succeeding in getting what they are"asking for", but not succeed in getting what everyone believes their true motivations are.

So in short.... I aplaud their peaceful protests and their rhetoric, but not their "leader".

Yes, I hope that they succeed in bringing the spot light on the issue of the class system in Thailand and how many have been left behind. I also hope they succeed in pushing the "elites" to stop taking the poor for granted and work on helping those outside of Bangkok.

No, I don't hope they succeed in getting Thaksin into power or getting Thaksin pardoned of his crimes or in getting any of Thaksin's money back.

So I am in favour of them succeeding in getting what they are"asking for", but not succeed in getting what everyone believes their true motivations are.

So in short.... I aplaud their peaceful protests and their rhetoric, but not their "leader".

Me too. :)

End the "Puyai system"!

Class warfare rhetoric? Do you really think that is helpful?

Yes, I think it is needed and long over due in Thailand...

To be honest I am surprised it hasn't come earlier.

Class "warfare" is probably needed, but I am surprised the idea is coming from the rich rural elite.

No worries when Reds win, you will be fine Jingthing! :)

When? Weren't they going to do it in 3 days? ... or did they change it to 4? Or did they change it to a week? I can't remember now.

They have changed their aims, changed their protests, changed their leaders ... what's next?

I hope they don't succeed (and they won't) because their only demand is to get Thaksin back in power, pardoned and all his money returned.

They try to disguise this by fighting for 'democracy' and 'justice' and 'class warfare' but I'm not fooled.

The reds will never make a deal without involving Thaksin's case. Why would they go against their master, he's the one financing the whole show.

Just take a few more weeks to compare him to Mandela, Mother Theresa, Ghandi (LOL), etc. and many will believe you. That's the strategy to go.

mnm

Liked the article on the puyai system surely the first step in ending this would be to repeal the less majeste laws which everone and his wife in the ruling elite uses to hide behind