Major Figures Flee Thailand

webfact

Major Figures Flee Thailand

Major Pheu Thai figures left country last night including Pheu Thai Party MP Chairman Chalerm Yubumrung who flew to Singapore last night.

Thaksin's son also left Thailand last night, headed for Dubai. His daughter Pintongta left yesterday for Switzerland.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-03-11

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

IMPORTANT INFO FOR FOREIGNERS LIVING IN THAILAND

As an expat you are advised to follow the developing news for your security!

Follow the Breaking News updates via Thaivisa:

- Breaking News via SMS text messages to your mobile phone or

handheld device

To subscribe dial *424010011 on AIS, One-2-Call, DTAC or True Move networks

14 days complementary subscription for Thaivisa members.

If you have questions about the Breaking News SMS service, email

[email protected]

OR follow us:

- Via Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/farang

- Via Twitter:

http://twitter.com/georgebkk

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So once this is all sorted out and if the instigators are indicted for treason, as they rightfully should be, I suppose I would rather be out of the country as well.

Judging by how long it is taking to bring the yellows to court for their actions I would guess the reds have no need to rush to get out the country, oh wait, how silly of me, the yellows acted with impunity, the reds do not.

They most likely believe the goverment will arrest them if something happens, or if it doesn't, makes sense. Strange I don't recall PAD's leaders being arretsed when they occupied Goverment house and the airport. But different justice for different groups, the achilles heel of this crackdown.

Could you please add information about if you send an SMS for 'emergency updates' regarding the rally etc. only, or for all 'breaking news' like you also send emails for ? (of which in most I'm really not interested) When for 'emergency updates' I think it's useful, but I dislike to be disturbed for all that 'normal' breaking news updates.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me where to get one of those coffee drinking emotocons :)

Theres a duplicate thread about this issue started yesterday and this one's doomed to head in the same way....name calling and hate mongering

Actually just about every issue you can think of about the upcoming fracca has about 3 or 4 subthreads on more or less the same issues.

Still, theres no shortage of reading fodder so i shouldnt complain :D

They most likely believe the goverment will arrest them if something happens, or if it doesn't, makes sense. Strange I don't recall PAD's leaders being arretsed when they occupied Goverment house and the airport. But different justice for different groups, the achilles heel of this crackdown.

Nail on head.

Nail on head.

Is the logic here that because PAD leaders were not arrested for occupying government house and the airport, then Red leaders should be allowed to act with impunity this weekend?

Theres a duplicate thread about this issue started yesterday and this one's doomed to head in the same way....name calling and hate mongering

Actually just about every issue you can think of about the upcoming fracca has about 3 or 4 subthreads on more or less the same issues.

look for it in the emoticons, click "show all" and look down the list

:D:D:D:D

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others :)

yes, and you get even free refill at starbucks or coffeeworld :D

So once this is all sorted out and if the instigators are indicted for treason, as they rightfully should be, I suppose I would rather be out of the country as well.

Judging by how long it is taking to bring the yellows to court for their actions I would guess the reds have no need to rush to get out the country, oh wait, how silly of me, the yellows acted with impunity, the reds do not.

Yet another "balanced" report by Tony. There are cases proceeding agaisnt the PAD leadership. Cases move at different speeds as we all know. However .... bringing up "the yellows" in a thread about people that all are linked to Thaksin (so far) fleeing the country is just a typical "red" diversion on TV. The new red motto should be "If your position is indefensible, Obfuscate!"

Different governments in power at the time.

During the PAD demonstrations, the PPP was in power. They didn't have enough support to actually do anything about it. You can't really blame the current government for that.

The PAD leaders should be brought to justice for the damage that they did, but once again, that's the courts and not the current government.

Let the paid workers possibly sacrifice themselves, while their so-called leaders flee like rats. Cowards one and all, if they believed in themselves and were sincere about wanting only peaceful protests, they wouldn't be running. Bunch of liars and thieves.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others :)

Again this thread is about the "major figures fleeing Thailand". There are certainly threads about what happened in 2008 AND threads about the PAD leaders' court cases that are proceeding. The funniest thing about this diversionary tactic of the red posters are the complaints are really about the red backed governments of the time and not about the current government.

Different governments in power at the time.

During the PAD demonstrations, the PPP was in power. They didn't have enough support to actually do anything about it. You can't really blame the current government for that.

The PAD leaders should be brought to justice for the damage that they did, but once again, that's the courts and not the current government.

Political influence of the courts? No, no, Joe! Say it ain't so.

And people are writing in and wondering why possibly some countries won't deport Thaksin because possibly they think the decisions are biased. I for one think the courts have been quite elegant in their decisions recently, but the lack of movement of cases on the previous bunch of coloured protesters absolutely stinks.

One would presume that if the Reds leadership get arrested in the next few days, it should be at least 2 or 3 years before they get to court. If Sondhi has his way, maybe never.

That said, if I was Thaksin's family and he asked me to stay, do you think I would? hel_l no!

Think you will find that there are cases pending on a number of the PAD leaders (who should be rightfully bought to justice). However, that has no relevance on what the Red Shirts are up to at this present time, and after Black Songkran last year we have witnessed their ideas of peaceful protest. Thaksin and his paid for cronies are a bunch of cowards, and have no interest in upholding democracy and ensuring significant change in society - it's all about money and power.

BRIL!!!

:D:D:)

I really love what thailand does to recover from failing economy (sarcastic)

how low can you go ?

bang bang, another shot in the foot or nail in the coffin

the pride of asian ... the country to avoid for your hollidays

Nail on head.

Is the logic here that because PAD leaders were not arrested for occupying government house and the airport, then Red leaders should be allowed to act with impunity this weekend?

logic - Thailand - My not think so

Looks more like a case of damned if you do & damned if you don't.

If they (children of Thaksin ) Stayed they would probably be branded/convicted of inciting something.

If they leave they get branded as rats leaving a sinking ship.......

Remember, "Different government." :)

hehe...thanks, i always liked that one

will be sure to put it to good use :D