A New Way To Cross The Road

tonywebster

Driving on Thonglor this morning a man walked out into the road, blowing a whistle and signalling traffic to stop, I assumed someone wanted to pull out of a car park. The guy was not wearing any uniform, just a bright yellow jacket so i guessed he must be an employee letting his boss pull out.

Anyway he didn't stop, still blowing his whistle he walked into the centre of thonglor, with his hand out signalling cars in both directions to stop, then he just crossed the road and went on his merry way.

Today I am buying a whistle :)

Don't you wish those whistle blowers would take a sudden gulp of air and suck their whistle down their throat and choke.

When I go to a car park I get my wife to tell em to pi** off, they are more likely to make you hit something by standing right where you want to look. Im sure if they were guiding you in and hit something they would run a mile. Theyre next to useless, sometimes when coming out of the car park at Seri centre they wave at us to "go" not checking that there IS a car behind them about to hit us if we did go. I also like it when they indicate I should park to the left but i decide Im going right so they simply change their hands to right AFTER I have made the decision for them :):D

As far as I have been able to ascertain, the only reason these guys blow their whistles is to let everyone within 100 yards know that they have one. I have yet to witness a situation where whistle blowing has served any useful purpose - although I have only been living here 2 years, so maybe one day......

I believe that blowing a whistle is on the list of protected jobs therefore you won't even be considered for a work permit.

And if you blow a whistle without a work permit you can bet your bottom dollar a whistleblower will blow the whistle on you.