Htc Touch Dials Wring Number

raro

Can you explain it a bit more how you dial? Do you go to your contacts (People) and click the person then click on call mobile? Or do you manually type the numbers? I have HTC touch for 1.5 years now and it never happened to me.

I punch in the number on the touch dial....02659202.....whatever. then I press the green button on the bottom left corner and the phone dials something else.

Even worse are 4-digit service numbers, the phone picks then someone from the address database that matches those four digits and I could not get my head around dialing such a number without creating a contact entry for them.

do you have other software such as Truphone ?

nope, never heard of that one. I have nothing else than the standard package that comes with the phone installed. I tried other software but it slowed down the phone that much that I got rid of it all.

Speaking of slow, another nuisance that the phone sometimes hangs up, happens quite often after a canceled call.

I got me a Nokia E71 now, still trying to figure out which is the better option.

• 2 weeks later...
Buy a BlackBerry.

well... that would be one option...but I do not see the point spending more money on a phone than I do on a laptop..

iPhone or on the low end any Nokia, Nokia has the phone part down in all their models. In fact for making calls and dealing with call history and so on, a cheap Nokia beats any smart phone.

I don't usually comment when I don't have anything to contribute but the HTC Touch? I mean... sorry but that's really a crap phone. I like the form factor, but the software is just ... bad.

I'm using now a Nokia E71 and yes, the phone part is 100% better! Some drawbacks, though, I still didn't get my head around the WLAN settings for instance. Still, no way I go back to the HTC Touch, I use it now as GPRS modem for my laptop.

GPRS actually works smoother on the Nokia as well.