The 2010 Formula One Season

'Not bad for a number 2 driver.'

This statement will become almost like a proverb throughout the rest of the season.

Not so long ago, I used to consider Webber as a fairly competant 'jobbing' driver, lacking 100% consistency. One of several infesting F1 during that period.

What a transformation with Red Bull. The fact he was able to control the red mist and at the end, make such an apt remark directed for the boss's jugs and a few other thousands, indicates we have a champion elect.

Of course Vettal is a future champ, but he's got plenty of time. Webber hasn't. I hope this will be 'his' year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a quote from Vettel in a post race interview;

Q: When Mark Webber crossed the finish line he was heard saying, 'Not a bad job for a number two driver!' Did you notice that? And is the team spirit still good?

SV: I have my own opinion about that matter that I rather prefer to keep to myself and to focus on myself. I have made my experiences and, sometimes good or bad, you get to know people a little bit better and see their true faces. I think I have learned my lesson.

I think reading between the lines shows the "team" definitely has some personal issues between the drivers, even if they deny it.

agreed, but you dont have to read between the lines too much as hes stated he would rather keep it to himself. His body language and crazy finger gesture after the 2 RBR hit each other, told the story.

I used to like the guy but his prima donna antics makes me think hes a little snot that can drive :D

Donnyboy, you right about one thing, Sebastian Vettel can drive and drive very well but before you castigate him may I suggest you look a little closer at Marks history of being rude and saying derogatory things about his teamates in the past, not only about Vettel and as for being tension in the camp, well really what would you expect from highly competative drivers.

As for being number 2 driver, well take a look at any other team and you will see that invariably the driver with the most points gets the goodies, rightly or wrongly, RBR is not alone in that and as for Mark making the comment that if he had known he was going to be treated as number 2 he would not have signed another years contract, who is he kidding in more than 8 yrs of F1 he has hardly covered himself in glory and it's only since RBR became a front runner that he has ever won anything, don't get me wrong, I have always said that all F1 drivers are good and a lot of drivers given the best car could win the WDC and Jenson has proved that.

Having read every post concerning Marks terrible crash and being pleased he walked away from it I cannot help wondering why no poster questioned his action in running up someones arse for the second time recently, after all, he also has some history in regards to that scenario from his earliest days in F3.

I do hope he continues to do well this season but please don't paint him as some paragon of virtue, until this season, Seb Vettel always gave the impression of being a young man with his feet on the ground but NONE OF US KNOW what goes on behind the scene.

Here is a quote from Vettel in a post race interview;

Q: When Mark Webber crossed the finish line he was heard saying, 'Not a bad job for a number two driver!' Did you notice that? And is the team spirit still good?

SV: I have my own opinion about that matter that I rather prefer to keep to myself and to focus on myself. I have made my experiences and, sometimes good or bad, you get to know people a little bit better and see their true faces. I think I have learned my lesson.

I think reading between the lines shows the "team" definitely has some personal issues between the drivers, even if they deny it.

agreed, but you dont have to read between the lines too much as hes stated he would rather keep it to himself. His body language and crazy finger gesture after the 2 RBR hit each other, told the story.

I used to like the guy but his prima donna antics makes me think hes a little snot that can drive :D

Donnyboy, you right about one thing, Sebastian Vettel can drive and drive very well but before you castigate him may I suggest you look a little closer at Marks history of being rude and saying derogatory things about his teamates in the past, not only about Vettel and as for being tension in the camp, well really what would you expect from highly competative drivers.

As for being number 2 driver, well take a look at any other team and you will see that invariably the driver with the most points gets the goodies, rightly or wrongly, RBR is not alone in that and as for Mark making the comment that if he had known he was going to be treated as number 2 he would not have signed another years contract, who is he kidding in more than 8 yrs of F1 he has hardly covered himself in glory and it's only since RBR became a front runner that he has ever won anything, don't get me wrong, I have always said that all F1 drivers are good and a lot of drivers given the best car could win the WDC and Jenson has proved that.

Having read every post concerning Marks terrible crash and being pleased he walked away from it I cannot help wondering why no poster questioned his action in running up someones arse for the second time recently, after all, he also has some history in regards to that scenario from his earliest days in F3.

I do hope he continues to do well this season but please don't paint him as some paragon of virtue, until this season, Seb Vettel always gave the impression of being a young man with his feet on the ground but NONE OF US KNOW what goes on behind the scene.

The funny thing is that few people supported either MW or SV until the last couple of races.

Most people thought that SV was a future 'great' (whilst they had reservations about his overtaking skills) until he tried to bully Mark off the track (and lost out), and then received the support of RBR! After that, most fans hoped that Mark would teach him a lesson....

The two team mates were v close in points, so to give MW's wing to SV was bound to lead to 'favouritism' comments - and deservedly.

As you say, Vettel in previous seasons "always gave the impression of being a young man with his feet on the ground". The last few races have destroyed this impression.

What RBR is get the driver a brain each. They seem to take it in turns to drive like pillocks lately. They must take it in turns to have the team brain.

Should read "What RBR needs...."

The funny thing is that few people supported either MW or SV until the last couple of races.

Most people thought that SV was a future 'great' (whilst they had reservations about his overtaking skills) until he tried to bully Mark off the track (and lost out), and then received the support of RBR! After that, most fans hoped that Mark would teach him a lesson....

The two team mates were v close in points, so to give MW's wing to SV was bound to lead to 'favouritism' comments - and deservedly.

As you say, Vettel in previous seasons "always gave the impression of being a young man with his feet on the ground". The last few races have destroyed this impression.

yup, if you look back to the begining of the season you will (hopefully :)) find that i supported RBR, and both drivers equally. In fact I wasnt that happy with MW crashing into LH back in race 2- F1 Australia? And was bummed for SV due to his car problems when he was doing well.

This all changed after the team mates clashed on the track, and subsequent behaviour that followed by SV, but mainly from RBR

Wot the hel_l is going on at HRT?

First Senna dropped for Brit GP with no real explanation, now Chandhok dropped for Germany. I have nothing against Yamamoto but this musical chairs is a bit of a farce!

I have always been supportive of the new teams having been lured in then shafted on the a budget cap, as well as being forced to run the least powerful engine (although none to shabby recently in the Williams).

HRT is not doing themselves the drivers or F1 any favours running an underfunded team if all they are doing is playing one drivers sponsors against another. Somehow I do not expect to see them on the grid next year, just hope Senna & Chandhok who have both put in reasonable performances in the grids dog of a chassis do not get tarred with the same brush!

TBWG :wai:

Wot the hel_l is going on at HRT?

First Senna dropped for Brit GP with no real explanation, now Chandhok dropped for Germany. I have nothing against Yamamoto but this musical chairs is a bit of a farce!

I have always been supportive of the new teams having been lured in then shafted on the a budget cap, as well as being forced to run the least powerful engine (although none to shabby recently in the Williams).

HRT is not doing themselves the drivers or F1 any favours running an underfunded team if all they are doing is playing one drivers sponsors against another. Somehow I do not expect to see them on the grid next year, just hope Senna & Chandhok who have both put in reasonable performances in the grids dog of a chassis do not get tarred with the same brush!

I believe the state of the grid line up today is the result of a lot of greed from a certain little gentleman {I use the term loosely} who for reasons best known to himself has shackled the new teams into an untenable situation whereby he has effectively created division 1 and 2, it's all well and good perhaps, capping the budget per team but seems to have made very little provision to ensure the new boys have sufficient funds to run a viable team and of course what was he thinking about insisting they run with an engine that is as under powered as the Cosworth, surely guilty of restrictive practices, but then again one should ask why these teams are in F1 racing in the first place with absolutely no chance of getting the results to ensure they will be back next year.

We all know that it is not only the best engines that will win races but the best package, Brawn, RBR, Maclaren, Cosworth with the present engine has very little chance of winning anything thus not generating sufficient sponsorship for these division 2 teams to progress, Formula 1 has been going to the dogs for sometime now I'm afraid.

Get it on guys.

Go your own way.

I love that riff which ITV wanted to use when they got the F1 contract. BBC said <deleted>. The best sports programme intro music in the known universe. ;)

I've been bottling this up for a while - but has anyone noticed how the idiot commentator on Star Sports/ESPN keeps saying when a McLaren/RBR/Ferrari driver drops down and has to get by a slower teams' car - that the driver in the slower car should just 'let them by, as they're ruining their own race by holding back the faster car' - changed his tune when someone (can't remember who - SV? FA?) came up behind Chandhok in the last race?

Much to my amazement he said something along the lines of 'I hope (Chandhok) doesn't let him by, and holds him back to show that he is a true racer'!! <deleted>??

I've been bottling this up for a while - but has anyone noticed how the idiot commentator on Star Sports/ESPN keeps saying when a McLaren/RBR/Ferrari driver drops down and has to get by a slower teams' car - that the driver in the slower car should just 'let them by, as they're ruining their own race by holding back the faster car' - changed his tune when someone (can't remember who - SV? FA?) came up behind Chandhok in the last race?

Much to my amazement he said something along the lines of 'I hope (Chandhok) doesn't let him by, and holds him back to show that he is a true racer'!! <deleted>??

Are you referring to the wonderful Steve Slater?

If so, I agree - he is a total <deleted>.

I haven't watched (listened to) his nonsense for a long time. I prefer to download the BBC programmes via "TheBox.bz" (they're free) and watch them with excellent commentaries by Martin Brundle, David Coulthard, Eddie Jordan and the very witty Jake Humphrey.

The Silverstone pre-race programme and the race itself were a pleasure to watch and listen to.

Are you referring to the wonderful Steve Slater?

If so, I agree - he is a total <deleted>.

I haven't watched (listened to) his nonsense for a long time. I prefer to download the BBC programmes via "TheBox.bz" (they're free) and watch them with excellent commentaries by Martin Brundle, David Coulthard, Eddie Jordan and the very witty Jake Humphrey.

The Silverstone pre-race programme and the race itself were a pleasure to watch and listen to.

Hi Jetset BKK

Just joined Box bz ~~~ How do you maintain an upload/download ratio? when you are in Thailand and they only accept UK progs?.

Sorry if this is a naive question but I am unsure of what I am talking about as I have never uploaded any programmes and would not know how to go about it!

Also surprised they can show F1 sessions, thought the poison dwarf would slap a writ on them!

German Grand Prix free practice session two times

1 ALONSO Ferrari 1m16.265s

2 VETTEL Red Bull 1m16.294s

3 MASSA Ferrari 1m16.438s

4 WEBBER Red Bull 1m16.585s

5 ROSBERG Mercedes 1m16.827s

6 SCHUMACHER Mercedes 1m16.971s

7 HAMILTON McLaren 1m17.004s

8 KUBICA Renault 1m17.009s

9 BARRICHELLO Williams 1m17.056s

10 HULKENBERG Williams 1m17.204s

11 KOBAYASHI Sauber 1m17.336s

12 PETROV Renault 1m17.547s

13 DE LA ROSA Sauber 1m17.573s

14 SUTIL Force India 1m17.701s

15 BUTTON McLaren 1m17.739s

16 LIUZZI Force India 1m17.871s

17 BUEMI Toro Rosso 1m18.147s

18 ALGUERSUARI Toro Rosso 1m19.327s

19 GLOCK Virgin 1m19.553s

20 TRULLI Lotus 1m20.008s

21 DI GRASSI Virgin 1m20.106s

22 KOVALAINEN Lotus 1m20.377s

23 SENNA HRT 1m21.988s

24 YAMAMOTO HRT 1m23.066s

The Red Bull team again has "Amazing Thailand" on their cars, but this week it does not receive mention on their website as it did the last race. It was said to be a one race deal and I was surprised to still see it appear on the cars. Perhaps they didn't want to scratch the paint trying to take it off.:lol:

The Red Bull team again has "Amazing Thailand" on their cars, but this week it does not receive mention on their website as it did the last race. It was said to be a one race deal and I was surprised to still see it appear on the cars. Perhaps they didn't want to scratch the paint trying to take it off.:lol:

+ in Pole for tomorrows Race

Grid for tomorrow ~~ however Sutil has 5 place penalty!

1. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1:15.152 1:14.249 1:13.791

2. Alonso Ferrari 1:14.808 1:14.081 1:13.793

3. Massa Ferrari 1:15.216 1:14.478 1:14.290

4. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:15.334 1:14.340 1:14.347

5. Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:15.823 1:14.716 1:14.427

6. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:15.505 1:14.488 1:14.566

7. Kubica Renault 1:15.736 1:14.835 1:15.079

8. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:16.398 1:14.698 1:15.109

9. Rosberg Mercedes 1:16.178 1:15.018 1:15.179

10. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1:16.387 1:14.943 1:15.339

11. Schumacher Mercedes 1:16.084 1:15.026

12. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1:15.951 1:15.084

13. Petrov Renault 1:16.521 1:15.307

14. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:16.220 1:15.467

15. de la Rosa Sauber-Ferrari 1:16.450 1:15.550

16. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:16.664 1:15.588

17. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:16.029 1:15.974

18. Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1:17.583

19. Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1:18.300

20. Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:18.343

21. Senna HRT-Cosworth 1:18.592

22. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1:18.952

23. Yamamoto HRT-Cosworth 1:19.844

24. di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth

What are the chances of a collision between Alonso & Vettal on the first lap?

Actually it's worse then that as all such adverts are placed beneath the gloss coat for aero reasons to prevent edges and adversely effect air flow..

What are the chances of a collision between Alonso & Vettal on the first lap?

That is the question... but more worried about Webber' off the line start.. He will try to take both Ferrari's

Actually it's worse then that as all such adverts are placed beneath the gloss coat for aero reasons to prevent edges and adversely effect air flow..

Anyone notice if Singha beer logos :burp: still on the car?

Anyone notice if Singha beer logos :burp: still on the car?

Singha Beer is listed on the Red Bull website as a regular sponsor. Also interesting about the paint and makes sense.

what times the race shown in Thailand? 7pm?

Yes. A tip; if you go to formula1.com, it shows how long until the next race and the actual time for all the practice, qualifying and race. You can click on "Convert to my local time" for the race time wherever you are.

what times the race shown in Thailand? 7pm?

Yes. A tip; if you go to formula1.com, it shows how long until the next race and the actual time for all the practice, qualifying and race. You can click on "Convert to my local time" for the race time wherever you are.

thanks