Avalon Villas

cymru

• 2 weeks later...

:o

They started out at 1.99m they are now 2.45m (2months on) with swimming pool. A swimming pool will cost 600,00 baht, work it out.

If this is your budget then go to Cha Am, only joking, I would not recommend that place to anyone.

Edited by lostsoul

Its still only a field at the moment.  At this price they wont be upto much.

Dear Lost Soul, as your name states you always put every development down even before it is built.

I have used these builders for my own house and it came out great!!!

As you will see I have put my name to this answer.

Question do you have a development of you own and what building experance to you have if any???

• 2 weeks later...

David Brewster

I do not think I have slagged off every development? Do not think I have slagged off this one just stated it was too cheap.

As to my background I was attached to the Civil Engineering Branch (BPA) British Ports Authority, based in Bristol.

All I have said is that the development seems too cheap, I have a Condo in Hua Hin and obviously know quite a few sites around the area. Based on the intial 1.99 m price and comparing it with other sites it seems too cheap. Swimming pool (600,000) + Land + Building Costs. The building (Spannish type Villa) looks very nice so much so that I went to inspect the land myself, hope it works out.

Sorry if I have offended you, strange site this, but thankyou for your structured comments.

Ulksin

• 4 weeks later...

:o:D

I am also interested in purchasing on this development. Are there any further updates as I am concerned about what has been said about it.

Thanks in anticipation of your help

:D

I was interested in these as the price seemed okay. The smaller of the two villas doesn't have much of a living area though. But what turned me against it as a place to live, rather than holiday, was the size of the development. The thought of a whole estate made up of two spanish style villas plonked in the Hua Hin hinterland just didn't appeal. But good luck if you go ahead. The local agents are saying 45% are sold.

• 3 months later...

what is it with estate agents , land agents and property developers.

only the other week , samui's gary "perforated" pearmain , was shot in the chest and arm and now this dispute involving hua hins wannabe donald trumps comes to our attention.

most of these legoland developments put together by falangs just lie empty for years , looking like post nuclear holocaust ghost towns slowly melting in the heat.

Seems doomed to me, go and see the thickness of the walls of the house that has been partially builty. Never resell them if indeed they are completed.

Still only one partially built - it was like that 2 months ago! I went to view the site again with an agent from the Co. you are talking about.

Don't know about any dodgy dealings though and I've just received an email from the Co. giving details of their new web address.

I was told that the whole develoment was planned to be completed in early 2006?

For the price and location they are pretty cheap compared to the virtually next door development of Paradise Hill. Although the houses are much different, a 3 bed house with a pool was 4.5m - way above Avalon.

Ten or more houses now under construction at Avalon 1.

Read the fine print: the 1.99 million price is for a leasehold (3X30), 1 million more for f'hold.

Build quality as good as other houses I saw last week costing 5-6 million.

Checked out 11 or 12 developments, this was best location and value for money.

Excellent location, 10 min. from town centre (by tuktuk) and a quick walk to Wat Kao Noi so my renters can have their fix of Thai culture (the soi Bintabaht map will be surrepitiously passed to Mr. Falang renter when Mrs. Falang isn't looking).

The message above taxexiles that was there has been removed.

Is it because it named an individual? Couldn't the name have been removed - it changes the slant of the thread and puts taxexiles comments out of context - and mine.

Is it usual to remove a message without making reference to the fact?

It contained unsubstatiated allegations about individuals who are not present to defend themselves. We do not have time to slice and dice every post. In general it's either acceptable, or it isn't. These ones weren't.

cv

:o [Hi cdnvic

It is for once nice to see that the Formum is respecting other people’s feelings.

There has been in the past a lot of unfounded remarks made from unqualified people viewing their views about the developments in Hua Hin.

As an agent in this area you only get what you pay for, construction is the same on most of the developments, it is only the finishing that differs one site from another and of course location.

I have been associated with building all my life and whilst in the UK won the NHBC award for building so I do have the experience and know what I am looking at.

If people want to critter size I just wish they would put their name to it as I have.

In general Avalon is good value for the asking price and this is not just because I am selling them.

cdnvic once again thanks for your actions, maybe now we will get some interesting topics on the forum about different developments in this area that will encourage expatriates to come to this area.

Regards David

quote=cdnvic,2005-10-18 07:37:09]

It contained unsubstatiated allegations about individuals who are not present to defend themselves. We do not have time to slice and dice every post. In general it's either acceptable, or it isn't. These ones weren't.

cv

So what are you saying - only allow agents to make comments about developments?

I initially responded to a post who wanted an update and gave my honest views and opinion - as requested.

Or should only those posts giving positive feedback be allowed, rather than the critical ones?

I didn't comment on the build quality as I'm not an expert but I have viewed numerous developments and houses in the area, initially I was interested in Avalon, then I wasn't, then I thought well, I'm here again, the price is reasonable, lets go and have another look, which is what I did, at the one house which had been partially built at the time - in August.

I agree that some of the comments in the cut post were little more than a slur and was surprised it hadn't been edited - the only bit left is the segment from my earlier post, I just think there should be reference to the fact a post had been edited or cut - but that's been answered.

And with all due respect to Johnyk's message that the reality of the price is in the fine print - well it shouldn't be, such a basic fact should be spelt out and it never has been to me!

And the location didn't suit either!

maybe now we will get some interesting topics on the forum about different developments in this area that will encourage expatriates to come to this area.

Regards David

quote=cdnvic,2005-10-18 07:37:09]

David,

Just picking up on the above point - I'm always being told that the area is a magnet for expats? Is this not true?

A selling point from agents (but not for me) seems to be that this or that development is x% expat, or that only 2 plots are left - very popular with expats, or you'll have to be quick, they're selling fast with expats!

Is this not the case? You seem to be suggesting otherwise.

Ollie

And with all due respect to Johnyk's message that the reality of the price is in the fine print - well it shouldn't be, such a basic fact should be spelt out and it never has been to me!

Ollie,

It is spelled out clearly, I was being facetious when I said "check the fine print".

Two prices (f'hold and l'hold) and both are correct as they are different arrangements. I didn't say anything about "the reality of the price".

Location is a matter of personal preference, like women and cars.

So what are you saying - only allow agents to make comments about developments?

I initially responded to a post who wanted an update and gave my honest views and opinion - as requested.

Or should only those posts giving positive feedback be allowed, rather than the critical ones?

I didn't comment on the build quality as I'm not an expert but I have viewed numerous developments and houses in the area, initially I was interested in Avalon, then I wasn't, then I thought well, I'm here again, the price is reasonable, lets go and have another look, which is what I did, at the one house which had been partially built at the time - in August.

I agree that some of the comments in the cut post were little more than a slur and was surprised it hadn't been edited - the only bit left is the segment from my earlier post, I just think there should be reference to the fact a post had been edited or cut - but that's been answered.

Dear Ollie

Unlike you I do not comment much about what I have read on the forum, I have only replied twice to articles written by people viewing their views.

I know that everybody has their own views on property but when one of my customers gets upset by the comments made on another development in the Hua Hin area putting his dream property down I feel that I must do something.

I get as you can imagine a lot of questions as to the build quality of the properties I sell, I always give my opinion if asked. I do not know the agent you used but I never try to cover up the prices or the title of the land they would buy, I agree with you this is bad marketing and misleading.

Over all I was just trying to say in my letter that every development is different in it’s own way, there are always good and bad points, one persons opinion is different to another persons. I always try and show various developments to my customers, giving them an overall idea of the areas, types of designs and prices.

I welcome writers comments but please lets now keep it general and to the point.

In your next mail you ask is Hua Hin a magnet for expiates, it is but not the same as Pattaya, Phuket etc.

Regards David