Thaksin Poised To Leave Dubai For Cambodia

webfact

Thaksin poised to leave UAE?

By The Nation

The United Arab Emirates will likely ask ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra to find a new home on the ground that he has abused his exile to attack on Thailand, Vice Foreign Minister Panich Vikitsreth said on Friday.

"It is now very possible for the UAE to agree with the Thai request to expell Thaksin," he said in an interview with Thai Rath online edition.

Panich said he could not confirm whether Thaksin would travel to Siem Reap as his new exile destination.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

IMPORTANT INFO FOR FOREIGNERS LIVING IN THAILAND

As an expat you are advised to follow the developing news for your security!

Follow the Breaking News updates via Thaivisa:

- Breaking News via SMS text messages to your mobile phone or

handheld device

To subscribe dial *424010011 on AIS, One-2-Call, DTAC or True Move networks

14 days complementary subscription for Thaivisa members.

If you have questions about the Breaking News SMS service, email

[email protected]

OR follow us:

- Via Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/farang

- Via Twitter:

http://twitter.com/georgebkk

Will the self proclaimed saviour, dare cross the border and lead his red shirts into Bangkok?

If I recall correctly he was in cambodia during the last red protest that turned really violent. I would bet if things go as good as he hopes he wants to be close so he can come "lead".... But only if things go his way.... if things fizzle out, or if it gets really violent again he will scurry back to Dubi land

Will the self proclaimed saviour, dare cross the border and lead his red shirts into Bangkok?

If I recall correctly he was in cambodia during the last red protest that turned really violent. I would bet if things go as good as he hopes he wants to be close so he can come "lead".... But only if things go his way.... if things fizzle out, or if it gets really violent again he will scurry back to Dubi land

I would not be at all surprised if the story that the U.A.E. had asked Thaksin to depart for good is true.

I think they have exercised great patience with this troublemaker and now he has probably become persona non grata.

It is very likely that he will set up base in Siem Reap where he is welcome and can be closer to the action.

quote.on:

Thaksin arrives in Cambodia : Thai FM

By The Nation

Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra left Dubai and arrived in Cambodia on Friday as red shirts started gathering to join the mass rallies on Sunday.

PM's secretary Chavanon Indharakomansut said Thaksin travelled to Siem Reap province of Cambodia by his private jet.

Thai foreign ministry has already contacted its embassy in Phnom Penh to monitor Thaksin's activities in Cambodia, Chavanont said.

Thaksin has been appointed as an economic adviser to Cambodia's PM Hun Sen and the Khmer government. The appointment has led to protests by the Thai government.

quote.off

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/...M-30124564.html

it's NATION; so maybe we'd be wise to wait for another source. _if_ it's true...; wow

I would not be at all surprised if the story that the U.A.E. had asked Thaksin to depart for good is true.

I think they have exercised great patience with this troublemaker and now he has probably become persona non grata.

It is very likely that he will set up base in Siem Reap where he is welcome and can be closer to the action.

I guess we will see... But people thought the same thing last time around, and it turned out he was allowed back into UAE. I honestly think he is close by just incase things go his way he can swoop in at the last second and "lead".... But more than likely he will be traveling back to UAE next week.

He is very welcome. I am sure the have special transportation and accommodations prepared for him

On the other hand, he is the one uses anyone and anything to get what he wants and so judge for yourself how brave and selfless he really is

I doubt if UAE asked him to leave more moves by the spin doctors here.

I doubt if he is so stupid to cross the border at this point in time.

I doubt has the balls to lead from the front.

I do however think this is a good move at this point in time Thais love rumor and gossip and this will be on the jungle drums of the North east.

I do believe we are watching the beginning of the end. Im just not sure which way it will swing but swing for sure it will do.

At this point in time government have it covered well.

quote.on:

Thaksin arrives in Cambodia : Thai FM

By The Nation

Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra left Dubai and arrived in Cambodia on Friday as red shirts started gathering to join the mass rallies on Sunday.

PM's secretary Chavanon Indharakomansut said Thaksin travelled to Siem Reap province of Cambodia by his private jet.

Thai foreign ministry has already contacted its embassy in Phnom Penh to monitor Thaksin's activities in Cambodia, Chavanont said.

Thaksin has been appointed as an economic adviser to Cambodia's PM Hun Sen and the Khmer government. The appointment has led to protests by the Thai government.

quote.off

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/...M-30124564.html

it's NATION; so maybe we'd be wise to wait for another source. _if_ it's true...; wow

now theres a contrast,'' Thaksin travelled to Siem Reap province of Cambodia by his private jet.'' and his devoted followers travel to Bangkok ten to a pick up or crammed into E-Taen tractors and trailers like animals being transported to slaughter

now theres a contrast,'' Thaksin travelled to Siem Reap province of Cambodia by his private jet.'' and his devoted followers travel to Bangkok ten to a pick up or crammed into E-Taen tractors and trailers like animals being transported to slaughter

That's a bit of an overstatement, don't you think? I see people sitting in the back of pickups all day in Bangkok. But the thought of animals being transported to slaughter never came to mind. Unless you're thinking of them as animals...

I guess we will see... But people thought the same thing last time around, and it turned out he was allowed back into UAE. I honestly think he is close by just incase things go his way he can swoop in at the last second and "lead".... But more than likely he will be traveling back to UAE next week.

No doubt Thaksin wants to be close to the action........but not too close unless things were to go his way, which is unlikely as, yes, the government has this situation very well covered. There might yet be some chaos but the Reds are basically leaderless whether Thaksin is in the Middle East or the middle of Cambodia. Seam Reap near the border is about as close as he dares to get.

Confirmed: Thaksin arrived in Cambodia. Unconfirmed: He'll cross into Thailand & lead Sunday's march ... Wouldn't that liven things up a bit

George... I can't wait for Sunday, Monday etc etc.. I want to see him leading the masses and then arrested in front of them all.. But hang on.. his family have left the country. He said he was so keen to see his daughters who have flown to Germany to see him... Sorry I am a bit confused..

[if I recall correctly he was in cambodia during the last red protest that turned really violent. I would bet if things go as good as he hopes he wants to be close so he can come "lead".... But only if things go his way.... if things fizzle out, or if it gets really violent again he will scurry back to Dubi land

No doubt Thaksin wants to be close to the action........but not too close unless things were to go his way, which is unlikely as, yes, the government has this situation very well covered. There might yet be some chaos but the Reds are basically leaderless whether Thaksin is in the Middle East or the middle of Cambodia. Seam Reap near the border is about as close as he dares to get.

I heard a rumour that the Pattaya SWAT team have taken of to the Thai/Cambodian border in a Yellow Hummer

That's a bit of an overstatement, don't you think? I see people sitting in the back of pickups all day in Bangkok. But the thought of animals being transported to slaughter never came to mind. Unless you're thinking of them as animals...

time to change red shirts again rainman, smelly again

Given the relationship (or lack of it) between Cambodia and Thailand, I don't think Thaksin's popularity with Isaan Thais has increased.

This is a fact! People in the village I am in (Near Khemerat) are really annoyedat the Cambodian link and have dropped him like a brick!