Summary Of My Bangkok Trip

FuninPlural

couch surfing? honestly, <deleted>?????!!!

who in their right mind would hook up with some random stranger on t'internet then kip on their couch - speak about weirdo magnets. all sorts of freaks must be signed up for that gig.

besides, this thread smells of troll-age.

You might be right, especially about the troll part.  But I can tell you that even though I generally stay in 4* hotels where available, I think I would try this.  I have been curious about that site for a while.  I often travel alone, and I'm always curious to meet the locals and see how they live.  I think it adds a lot to the travel experience.  From what I see on the site, most offer a bedroom and a bed in their place, not literally a couch.  That said, I could be one of the weirdos.  :)

i know i slagged you in an other post but i must say you did good and even though your travel area was limited i like the way you put your plan together and worked it.

congrats, if you want to couch surf in samui for a day pm me.

cheers,

well done

You might live to regret making that offer . If he does turn up, remember, whatever you do, don't ask for a beer. :)

He is basically a freeloading squatter. This thread says a lot about the OP's principles and morals.

But as I am feeling kind, I've enclosed a free picture - just for him

post-31474-1268803469_thumb.jpg

For the last time, about the guy who asked me to buy him a beer, I just didn't appreciate the time I was asked to buy the beer. If it had been 10 minutes later or something, then it would've been better. Its just my take on the situation.

:D You expect anyone to believe that horseshit - you are an ungrateful cheapskate.

Your statement is no different than the "Free Beer Tomorrow" sign that is often seen in bars. At least with the bars it's done in humour, whereas you :)

Scary did the man on the first night ask for sexual relief? Does this happen when you couch surf? You mentioned that the girl was up for it, does this happen often?

Honest....... it takes all I would not believe this happens until I read this post.

You talk about enjoying yourself but it sounds as if you did not do a great deal, lack of money limits your scope (I know we all dont need money to enjoy ourselves)

I pity your girlfriend in Japan.

Each to thei rown.

Thanks for all the comments fellas.

Mr. Toad, you are really going at me! I don't know why, but the beautiful thing is that I don't really have to befriend everyone. A couple of enemies/haters will do good to keep me on my toes.

To the guy who mentioned about trying the CouchSurfing, Thailand was my first time doing this kind of thing. If you check people's messages on those sites, there are some instances of weirdoes ruining it for everyone. I guess you just have to go about it at your own risk. Luckily, I have a survivalist mentality, so I am able to try it. Plus, if I meet anyone cool, I can bring them to one of my homes (no, I don't actually own them) in the Caribbean, South or North America.

About the whole "troll" thing, I think such folks are even sadder than me. I mean, what would someone gain from that? Why do people do it. To gain e-props/hate? What does it matter? None of this is the real world. Every so often we might be fortunate enough to meet someone online who we can be cool with in the real world, but unless that happens, its all just crazy back-and-forth banter with all of you strangers who may be ladyboys for all I know (not that this is necessarily a bad thing).

I'm out for now. I'll catch you guys around. Peace.

It is only polite to take a gift to someone who is giving you free board and lodging. A six pack of beer, a bottle of wine, a box of chocolates etc. Like you would do if you were invited to dinner.

I would not let a complete stranger sleep on my couch. I would probably be up all night worrying that they were trying to rob me.

My couch is very comfy.

And yes, we are all ladyboys. If you haven't realised that yet - then you really have to get your head out of the sand.

You are an American (i forgive you that) but you planed your Trip like a German and for this you got my RESPECT!!

And don't listen to much to the Old Republicans here. I know that Thai-Men can be really really nasty sometimes.

Well done! A++++++

Thanks for all the comments fellas.

Mr. Toad, you are really going at me! I don't know why, but the beautiful thing is that I don't really have to befriend everyone. A couple of enemies/haters will do good to keep me on my toes.

You're more than welcome. :D

I just think your attitude to the guy on the first day stank, and you can't even see it now. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Op you couldve at least slept with the girl. I mean after all she let you stay at her place for 12days. Using her electric and water!!!

A little bit of luvin, maybe 5mins of your time...done and she's a happy girl...which means that she will probably extend the courtesy (couch surfing) to other poor underfunded travellers.

You blew it for others man, you dropped the ball!!!!.

:)

Hehehe thanks for the laugh MM.