The Lighthouse

Monday morning the boat arrived with the replacement crewmember after stowing his gear he met the head keeper.

He said, as there is only a small crew here and in a confined space discipline is paramount.

Monday, they all go outside clean all the seaweed and stuff away from the bottom of the lighthouse and in the evening we all play cards.

Oh no, said the new boy I can’t stand cards.

Never mind, said the chief on Tuesdays we all go up to the top of the lighthouse and polish the lamp and reflectors and in the evening we play board games.

Again he said, I don’t like board games.

Well on Wednesdays we clean the stairs and as you can imagine the amount of stairs here that takes all day but in the evening five or six ladies come over from the mainland and we have fun.

The newbie said I don’t like women.

Really, said the chief; you’re not a homosexual by any chance are you?

No I am most definitely not! Said the new man.

Well said the chief you are going to hate Thursday nights then

Monday morning the boat arrived with the replacement crewmember after stowing his gear he met the head keeper.

He said, as there is only a small crew here and in a confined space discipline is paramount.

Monday, they all go outside clean all the seaweed and stuff away from the bottom of the lighthouse and in the evening we all play cards.

Oh no, said the new boy I can’t stand cards.

Never mind, said the chief on Tuesdays we all go up to the top of the lighthouse and polish the lamp and reflectors and in the evening we play board games.

Again he said, I don’t like board games.

Well on Wednesdays we clean the stairs and as you can imagine the amount of stairs here that takes all day but in the evening five or six ladies come over from the mainland and we have fun.

The newbie said I don’t like women.

Really, said the chief; you’re not a homosexual by any chance are you?

No I am most definitely not! Said the new man.

Well said the chief you are going to hate Thursday nights then

Excellent! some of these jokes just leave me creased up, tears in the eyes,laughing helplessly,( especially the Rainbow one); the Thai manager of the Internet cafe is starting to wonder what's wrong with me!