Bkk Bars Open After 2am.

Eastender

I'd be interested in knowing the locations of any bars open after 2.00am in BKK. It's sometimes handy to know these things.

I will start the list off myself, but will exclude bars attached to hotels & appartments.

Remember, the bars below are of course open illegally.

Karaoke bar on Sukumvit soi 71, LHS about 1 - 2 km up when travelling away from Sukumvit. Often open to 8am and sometimes frequented by girls coming out of Soi Cowboy. Usually fairly lively and friendly.

Soi Mahatthai. Bar hidden away on RHS when travelling from Ramkamhaeng, open till the last person leaves.

(I've been to several others but of course can't remember where they are).

Please add to the list if you can.

:o

Ghee whiz guys, my surgery went well, no slips at all. I thought you'd never ask. I was bum bumming right after surgery. Well, I came back the same day and made love till the cows came home, oh excuse me no cows in Bangkok, until the soi dogs came home. Most of those soi dogs will never come home, unfortunately women and dogs in Thailand have about the same rights.

I guess that is about as unsensitive as it gets, right.

Bud the newest soi dog

Bud has asked me to fill in every so often, while he has gone out to sea. He certainly has been so sweet since his return from Thailand. It seems the Thai ladies he met were very polite, beautiful, understanding, up town ish, had the highest morals, ethics above board. He noted Thailand has changed, the country had nothing going on other than a solid tourist environment, rumors of sex and red light districts are just rumors, it is no longer like that. The country is above board and so aren't the wonderful ladies. Highest morals he has ever seen. It said much of this was due to the effort of a few women named Kathe and M80. He always mentions them as the angles of Bangkok, with them on this forum the city was saved from sin. Bud now attends bible study classes each night when not at sea, church on a regular basis, he claims he learned this newer higher level and standard of moral living while staying with two Buddhist sisters in or around the outside of Korat. Bud is so sweet and so changed, it is like a dream come true.

Savitri Lall

www.zgramyachtdeliveries.com

Utter <deleted> , but amusing nonetheless........

sounds to me Chon, like we got ourselves another regular Roger Melly: Man on the Telly to me. Whadya reckon?

Could be right there Plachon , with a touch of "Aldridge Prior the worlds biggest liar" in for good measure!

Hiya,

umm so, which pubs open later than 2am then?? I would like to know the answer as well. Are they legal?? From what I've seen when I go out with my mates at home, most of them shut at 2am.

I've only seen small karaoke bars/restaurants that open later than 2 am in some dark sois. They didn't look so inviting though....

By the way, have anyone been to 'The Witch Tavern' lately? I wonder how it is now. Also, a place called 'Yes, indeed' and 'That's it'? Last time I went to 'Yes, indeed' with my friends, we got ripped off big time. They were trying to cheat us on the bill but we complained. Did anyone have the same experience?

D80. As you actually showed some interest in the original question......

I believe all are illegal as it's the law to close at 2am. Sadly most of the ones I've been to also play Karaoke, which is a big minus for me.

Sometimes when I go out with friends I'm just in the mood for carrying on, or I guess it's the case of once I know where the late bars are I can't resist the temptation.

One of the bonuses of the several laties I've been to is that they're often frequested by Soi cowboy 'ladies' who have finished their shifts. The girls are always chatty and fun, with both me and female farang friends, I never try and take it further though, but get too shitfaced anyway. But very easy to meet people when you're out that late.

It's just emabarrasing walking out of some dark dingy place stinking of booze and fags when people are going to work.

Utter <deleted> , but amusing nonetheless........

sounds to me Chon, like we got ourselves another regular Roger Melly: Man on the Telly to me. Whadya reckon?

Could be right there Plachon , with a touch of "Aldridge Prior the worlds biggest liar" in for good measure!

:D

Nah Chon, you forgotten already..........you already dubbed Mr Vietnam with that accolade. While we're on the subject though, who do you reckon on this forum deserves the title of "Sid the Sexist"? W'hay lads! :o

Eastender : Hehe....I know very well what you mean....leaving the last bar early morning and dying to get back home and sleep while people are heading to work ! In the early and mid nineties (my first few years in Bangkok), I did enough of the 'drink-and-dance-till-dawn stuff.

By the way, do you like 'Eastenders' ? :o I watch it regularly here in Turkey on BBC Prime. I like it a lot.

Back to the topic.....now almost everyone feels that the 2 am closing time thing is unfortunately to stay in place for at least a very long time. I (selfishly !) am glad that I had my ''till-dawn fun'' many many times in my first few years in Bangkok. Now even if I was still there and even if they still had no time restrictions, I wouldn't have the same level of energy to do all that partying anyway !

Regards,

Jem