Arrest Warrant Issued For Red-Shirt Core Leader Arisman

webfact

what became of the arrests of yellow shirt, airport invaders?

There was a report last month that the decision has been delayed I think until later this month as all the parties in this case were too busy "working" in their home provinces.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

punisher; this statement could be taken as a general racist remark against farang living in Thailand. I will grant you that this is your opinion and I will consider the source and the statement accordingly, but the public media info that a lot of us tune into/read is not limited to the rags you mention. You seem to be as uninformed as the group you so quickly judge as being most of us farang. Your circle of acquaintances (farang) most certainly would not seem to overlap mine.

I did not mean that way,you know that exactly,and you also know I am right!!!Why not go to sukhumvit road and interview some expats,ask them who is Prem,Nevin,Sondhi,Anupong and so on?

There was a report last month that the decision has been delayed I think until later this month as all the parties in this case were too busy "working" in their home provinces.

Delayed for the 4th or 5th time

Why is there an arrest warrant for Arisman for suggesting to overthrow the government but no arrest warrant 2 years after the yellow shirts did the same thing? And also no arrest warrants for the coup leaders that did actually overthrow the government, not just talk about it?

Exactly correct!

And this is why I would side with Red Shirts if I were Thai.

The yellow shirts committed air piracy, sedition and walked home free.

The rich=VS=poor

Cant anyone see this?

See what? You have no argument- "the yellows took the airport, so we can tell our supporters to bring bottles to make molatov cocktails"??? For the 234th time - the PAD LEADERS WERE ARRESTED AND ARE AWAITING COURT. They are not "home free" - they are free on bail because they are behaving themselves. Rich vs. poor? Why are so few people from the south here? There is poverty there, too. Thaksin has divided this country. Even his speeches this week were addressed not to "Thais", but to "the people of the north and north east". How many of the Red leaders are "poor farmers"? none.

The military divided the country,not mr.thaksin,with mr.thaksin Thailand did well,specially people in northeast thailand were happy,mr.thaksin was the first pm ever who did something for them,and they don.t care if mr.thaksin makes alot of money,as long they have enough rice on the table,I don't know what from country you come,but in my country they always taught us that a military coup is most of the time wrong,and can't be right that,it can't be right a minority is ruling this country only because they have money or need to stick on thei high positions,there alot of more reason why mr.thaksin had to go,but here in the forum this subject is banned

EXACTLY CORRECT !

Delayed for the 4th or 5th time

Quite standard in cases like this where you have multiple defendants. Cases work their way through different courts at different speeds. We all know this. IMHO it is likely that the PAD leadership will only get a slap on the wrist in criminal court for anything that occured at the airport but will get creamed in civil court (but that damages awarded will be split between the PAD leadership and the AOT.

But this has nothing to do with Arisman avoiding arrest. The PAD leadership went to the police station as soon as the arrest warrants were issued. They posted bail. They went back to work (or to committing more crimes--- depending on how the courts rule).

Arisman is just avoiding his arrest.

punisher; this statement could be taken as a general racist remark against farang living in Thailand. I will grant you that this is your opinion and I will consider the source and the statement accordingly, but the public media info that a lot of us tune into/read is not limited to the rags you mention. You seem to be as uninformed as the group you so quickly judge as being most of us farang. Your circle of acquaintances (farang) most certainly would not seem to overlap mine.

I did not mean that way,you know that exactly,and you also know I am right!!!Why not go to sukhumvit road and interview some expats,ask them who is Prem,Nevin,Sondhi,Anupong and so on?

Ummm so you think the majority of expats are "sukhumvit road" people? Stigmatizing expats into folks that hang out in one place isn't so good. It would be like saying "go to walking street in pattaya and ask the Thais working there....."

Why is there an arrest warrant for Arisman for suggesting to overthrow the government but no arrest warrant 2 years after the yellow shirts did the same thing? And also no arrest warrants for the coup leaders that did actually overthrow the government, not just talk about it?

Two things,

the PAD arrest warrants have already been done, and served, and answered in court.

You seem to have missed that. And now they are ALL waiting on the trial to get underway,

when there is room on the docket.

Secondly PAD never advocated burning Bangkok to the ground in a sea of fire.

They advocated PPP resigning, but never advocated chaos and destruction.

Duty free at Suvarnabuhmi was virtually untouched after the take over.

Minimal violence and never violence on a grand scale advocated like

Arisman has done reapeatedly this week.

Two totally different things.

Do you mean to say that the coup leaders including the generals who ,back in Sept 2006, overthrew an elected prime minister have been arrested and are now free on bail and awaiting judgement ? Overthrowing an elected government is not a small thing you know one would expect at least a long jail sentence . Or maybe they should arrest Arisman and give him a slap on his buttock and let him go .

My point is that while i feel right to arrest someone advocating armed sedition , and also right to confiscate the money earned through traffic of influence & corruption by a political leader . that should apply to everyone . There are very few political leaders not only in Thailand but also in the region who havent used their influence to award juicy governement contracts to friends and familly . Taksin is by far not the first . Am I right ? Well i dont see the jails full of them ... Nor they money confiscated .

Taksin did big mistakes but he also gave hope to many thais in the country side and not only in the far North (Korat is not far north is it ?)and not only thru vote buying , like providing cheap health care , micro loan and forums to start small businesses ,and so on and so forth . As long as one has money to put food on the table and provide cheap health care and education for his familly , he can be excused to give a dam_n about the money that Taksin did .

Perhaps the current government should learn from that and implement some of Taksin ideas minus his mistakes ,so that it would be less afraid to call for popular elections . Am not even sure that they (the current PM) are legally in place , does the thai constitution says that the prime minister is elected by parliament or by the people ?

Arrest warrants were issued months ago and those charged have reported to the police and they were realeased on bail and the on-going process continues.

1. Strongly inciting people to overthrow the government, including violence and gasoline bombs is a little different to 'suggesting'!

2. In regard to the PAD, arrest warrants were isuued months ago, the people charged have reported to the police, and they were rfeleased on bail, the on-going processing of the case continues.

Do you mean to say that the coup leaders including the generals who ,back in Sept 2006, overthrew an elected prime minister have been arrested and are now free on bail and awaiting judgement ? Overthrowing an elected government is not a small thing you know one would expect at least a long jail sentence . Or maybe they should arrest Arisman and give him a slap on his buttock and let him go .

My point is that while i feel right to arrest someone advocating armed sedition , and also right to confiscate the money earned through traffic of influence & corruption by a political leader . that should apply to everyone . There are very few political leaders not only in Thailand but also in the region who havent used their influence to award juicy governement contracts to friends and familly . Taksin is by far not the first . Am I right ? Well i dont see the jails full of them ... Nor they money confiscated .

Taksin did big mistakes but he also gave hope to many thais in the country side and not only in the far North (Korat is not far north is it ?)and not only thru vote buying , like providing cheap health care , micro loan and forums to start small businesses ,and so on and so forth . As long as one has money to put food on the table and provide cheap health care and education for his familly , he can be excused to give a dam_n about the money that Taksin did .

Perhaps the current government should learn from that and implement some of Taksin ideas minus his mistakes ,so that it would be less afraid to call for popular elections . Am not even sure that they (the current PM) are legally in place , does the thai constitution says that the prime minister is elected by parliament or by the people ?

Sorry kiddo --- but if you are unaware that there was no "elected government" at the time of the coup in 2006 then there is really no point even trying to educate you further.

It does seem slightly double~standards that a country in which a foreign kid got arrested this year for walking out of a chemists shop with his prescription valium, the same country then fails to arrest some bandolier-wearing outlaw who advocates acts of mass~violence & arson against civilians.

Watching the happy smiling people at the red rallies today on TV, it is so obvious that they are worlds apart from this Arisman and people of his ilk. The police should arrest him now, if he is appearing at rallies in public, imo.

Two things,

the PAD arrest warrants have already been done, and served, and answered in court.

You seem to have missed that. And now they are ALL waiting on the trial to get underway,

Thaksin did NOT "make a few mistakes"; he was systematically thieving from the Thai people and actively suborning the democratic process.

Democracy is more than "1 person, 1 vote", it also involves the separation of powers so that the judiciary can keep a control on the politicians. Your concept of "I'm alright Jack" democracy is simplistic and naive. The fact that the democratic process was not working, the judiciary were being gelded, the police and army loaded with fellow conspirators, and laws being passed to allow further financial and judicial exploitation was the trigger for the coup and which was at least partly justified as the only viable solution.

Suggest you should do a whole lot broader and long-term research of the past history of coups and many other aspects of Thai politics.

Plus research some of the recent actions and policies installed by the Abhisit govrernment aimed at fairly gaining sustanied institutional change, by policy, which is far far better than hand-outs to the poor - the hallmark of what you sems to believ was well done by thaksin.

Whether or not he should be arrested is of less concern than the timing of the arrest. This is really not the best time to arrest him. Last week would have been good, next week might work well to. Right now, it will likely only fuel the fires of discontent.

But that's the whole point. There is a faction among the PAD that wants to provoke violence as an excuse to have the Army massacre Red Shirt protesters in hopes that will break up the movement.

Edited by cdnvic
Removed reference to The Monarchy

Whether or not he should be arrested is of less concern than the timing of the arrest. This is really not the best time to arrest him. Last week would have been good, next week might work well to. Right now, it will likely only fuel the fires of discontent.

But that's the whole point. There is a faction among the PAD/monarchists that wants to provoke violence as an excuse to have the Army massacre Red Shirt protesters in hopes that will break up the movement.

Huh? Where did this tidbit of misinformation come from. Gotta love "facts" like the one stated above!

The last I heard the Public Prosecutor decided he needed to study it some more. Not enough evidence. Don't know when the next date is for announcing a decision. Or did they already decide they don't have enough evidence that any crime was committed and they're not going to prosecute?

Arrest warrants were issued months ago and those charged have reported to the police and they were realeased on bail and the on-going process continues.

I think these points have been made to our resident "Savant" on numerous occasions, however he has chosen to ignore and avoid all of these points. :)

But that's the whole point. There is a faction among the PAD that wants to provoke violence as an excuse to have the Army massacre Red Shirt protesters in hopes that will break up the movement.

Huh? Where did this tidbit of misinformation come from. Gotta love "facts" like the one stated above!

Oh, dear. My bad. I left my closing sarcasm tag off so it didn't show up as sarcasm. These markup languages are so difficult.

They have supported some of Thaksins programs. Made the 30 baht healthcare scheme totally free etc.

Like in most parliamentary democracies the prime minister gets choosen by parliament ..... in Thailand that is also the way it is. So Abhisit was chosen by parliament whom were in turn chosen in the 2007 elections so it is totally legit.

W

QUOTE from above : "There is a faction among the PAD that wants to provoke violence as an excuse to have the Army massacre Red Shirt protesters in hopes that will break up the ......

Well that's news to me.

"...wants to have the army masacre red shirt protestors ...."

Where did this all come from?

Whats' your source for this? Is this from the CM red shirts 51 group radio, which has zero credibility and specializes in invented hatred and nastiness.

It's amazing how the red shirts and their ilk suddenly again and again come up with outregeous statements / invented statements. Is jatuporn your role model?

Edited by scorecard

But that's the whole point. There is a faction among the PAD/monarchists that wants to provoke violence as an excuse to have the Army massacre Red Shirt protesters in hopes that will break up the movement.

Yes agitprop and not fact.

PAD no doubt knows that creating martyrs doesn't kill a movement it extends it.

PAD no doubt wants the Reds in disgrace from their own hand,

with as little violence as can be helped to not happen.

There is a faction within the Watchmakers Guild

that wants only oiled jewels to be used in all watches,

and never batteries, but they are a microscopic faction

and of no consequence. Same with your irrelevant PAD theory.

Two things,

Thaksin did NOT "make a few mistakes"; he was systematically thieving from the Thai people and actively suborning the democratic process.

Democracy is more than "1 person, 1 vote", it also involves the separation of powers so that the judiciary can keep a control on the politicians. Your concept of "I'm alright Jack" democracy is simplistic and naive. The fact that the democratic process was not working, the judiciary were being gelded, the police and army loaded with fellow conspirators, and laws being passed to allow further financial and judicial exploitation was the trigger for the coup and which was at least partly justified as the only viable solution.

And don't forget that numerous members of the public appeared on the street immediately after the coup and gave flowers, water, and food to the soldiers.

A Thai way of saying we support you and we thank you. Very very meaningful.

Edited by scorecard

The coup happened. It's history now, you can talk about it as much as you like, but it's not going to change a thing. Anyone advocating history should be reset at August 2006 really needs to look at the facts. The last "democratically" elected government to be overthrown by a coup was the Choonhaven administration back in 2001. If you're going to continually bring up the unfairness of Thaksin's ouster then you really should be wanting to take things all the way back to then. The facts are:

Thaksin was the self appointed caretaker PM (despite resigning at one point) at the time of the coup. The elections he called in 2006, which were declared null and void by the EC, meant that he had exhausted his mandate.

The coup took place, the Surayad government was sworn in by HM the King. It was the legal government at the time.

Elections have since taken place, in 2007. Every current MP was elected in those, or in more recent by-elections, every current MP has voted for their choice of PM and Abhisit won.

Thaksin has been proven to have stolen vast sums of money from the Thai people. The evidence is freely available for all to examine. He would have been booted out, and no doubt arrested, in any Western democracy.

This is all very much off topic, but follows the pro red norm of hijacking and diverting threads with rubbish in order to detract from the debate at hand.

The debate at hand is that Arisman is on record, again the evidence is freely available, as having incited violence. He has broken the conditions of his bail, but, even if he hadn't have previously been arrested, the things he has been saying, including the call for molotov cocktails, and the brutal beating of one of his own supporters in Surat Thani, are reason enough to get this thug behind bars. I can't see why the government doesn't arrange to have him dragged off the stage and throw him in jail. After all, the reds are very peaceful, don't have any weapons and should applaud the government for removing a violent figure, who is as much a threat to their own safety as he is to non reds, from the demonstration. Or are they just lies too?

Edited by ballpoint

The last I heard the Public Prosecutor decided he needed to study it some more. Not enough evidence. Don't know when the next date is for announcing a decision. Or did they already decide they don't have enough evidence that any crime was committed and they're not going to prosecute?

Probably its the secund alternative . A few hundred witnesses have flown back to their respective countries happy to never return to Thailand again , as for the thais there they will keep silent or risk loose their job . Hahaha

And don't forget that numerous members of the public appeared on the street immediately after the coup and gave flowers, water, and food to the soldiers.

A Thai way of saying we support you and we thank you. Very very meaningful.

We didn't see ANYONE giving the Red Shirts flowers after

their Songkran attempt to change the playing field for Thaksin.

As meaningful or more so.

Probably its the secund alternative . A few hundred witnesses have flown back to their respective countries happy to never return to Thailand again , as for the thais there they will keep silent or risk loose their job . Hahaha

"Acharn" is mixing up his cases .. the PAD leadership case is ongoing.

The Democrat case is a bit up in the air.

Thais that care won't be silent and many Thais care.

The coup happened. It's history now, you can talk about it as much as you like, but it's not going to change a thing. Anyone advocating history should be reset at August 2006 really needs to look at the facts. The last "democratically" elected government to be overthrown by a coup was the Choonhaven administration back in 2001. If you're going to continually bring up the unfairness of Thaksin's ouster then you really should be wanting to take things all the way back to then. The facts are:

Thaksin was the self appointed caretaker PM (despite resigning at one point) at the time of the coup. The elections he called in 2006, which were declared null and void by the EC, meant that he had exhausted his mandate.

The coup took place, the Surayad government was sworn in by HM the King. It was the legal government at the time.

Elections have since taken place, in 2007. Every current MP was elected in those, or in more recent by-elections, every current MP has voted for their choice of PM and Abhisit won.

Thaksin has been proven to have stolen vast sums of money from the Thai people. The evidence is freely available for all to examine. He would have been booted out, and no doubt arrested, in any Western democracy.

This is all very much off topic, but follows the pro red norm of hijacking and diverting threads with rubbish in order to detract from the debate at hand.

The debate at hand is that Arisman is on record, again the evidence is freely available, as having incited violence. He has broken the conditions of his bail, but, even if he hadn't have previously been arrested, the things he has been saying, including the call for molotov cocktails, and the brutal beating of one of his own supporters in Surat Thani, are reason enough to get this thug behind bars. I can't see why the government doesn't arrange to have him dragged off the stage and throw him in jail. After all, the reds are very peaceful, don't have any weapons and should applaud the government for removing a violent figure, who is as much a threat to their own safety as he is to non reds, from the demonstration. Or are they just lies too?

Well am not the first one here to have deviated from this forum core subject

a) Thaksin was the first prime minister in Thailand's history to lead an elected government through a full term in office . He soundly defeated the democratic party in 2001 . No coup in 2001 ...

:) Yes well anyone is entitled to his own opinion , am not defending one side or the other . Just wondering about the double standard.

And why Thakin is so popular anyway if his policies were so malignant ?

c) Its all a matter of the thai constitution , am neutral . Ppl are elected in parliement does not mean they are elected as PM . Unless the constitution says otherwise .

d) Did i ever say that Arisman or any other advocating violence , read ,yellow or blue or green whatever should not be prosecuted ? Agree he should be arrested if what you say is correct ..

Well am not the first one here to have deviated from this forum core subject

a) Thaksin was the first prime minister in Thailand's history to lead an elected government through a full term in office . He soundly defeated the democratic party in 2001 . No coup in 2001 ...

:) Yes well anyone is entitled to his own opinion , am not defending one side or the other . Just wondering about the double standard.

And why Thakin is so popular anyway if his policies were so malignant ?

c) Its all a matter of the thai constitution , am neutral . Ppl are elected in parliement does not mean they are elected as PM . Unless the constitution says otherwise .

d) Did i ever say that Arisman or any other advocating violence , read ,yellow or blue or green whatever should not be prosecuted ? Agree he should be arrested if what you say is correct ..

Quote: "Thaksin was the first prime minister in Thailand's history to lead an elected government through a full term in office...."

Here we go again:

- He was not genuinly elected through free and fair elections, he bought the election through massive and quite open vote buying.

- Yes, he did last a full term, but you seem to forget that he would not allow any negative comment from anybody, he intimidated anybody who got in his way, government officials we're totally intimidated, the so called 'free press' was totally intimidated and he sued several journalists who dared to make negative comment, he severely intimidated the judiciary, and he used state radio and TV to broadcast his propaganda with no balanced comment whatever, other parties etc were not allowed access, and more

Edited by scorecard