Police Doing Their Job?

whistleblower

An arrest warrant has been issued for Arisman, but according to the nation/post the police went to the red shirt stage and didn't arrest him just negotiated with him?

Its no wonder that the red shirts think they can force the Govt out if they can flagrantly flout the laws of the land and not be punished.

Don't be ridiculous, if they pluck him of the stage what do you think will happen.

It never sees to amaze me who the police works over here. In West they would never negotiate with a terrorist at any situation. The law is only enforces for the weak over here.

If you want real democracy, you have to first fix the law enforcement.

Don't be ridiculous, if they pluck him of the stage what do you think will happen.

Who cares what happens? The law is the law. If the police were more assertive in doing their job, they reds wouldnt be able to get away with as much as they do.

under the constitution the reds have a right to demonstrate peacefully. This they have been allowed to do. Under the laws of Thailand if an arrest warrant is issued then the police should arrest the person the arrest warrant was issued for.

Who cares what happens? The law is the law. If the police were more assertive in doing their job, they reds wouldnt be able to get away with as much as they do.

under the constitution the reds have a right to demonstrate peacefully. This they have been allowed to do. Under the laws of Thailand if an arrest warrant is issued then the police should arrest the person the arrest warrant was issued for.

Who cares what happens?? .....Again; Don't be ridiculous. Arresting one man could trigger all kind of things.

In a normal Democratic country, the police enforce the law and deal with any circumstances that arise from that action. Not as in this country dont enforce the law in case of negative consequences.

Hard to understand the Thai ways Hmm??

In a normal Democratic country, the police enforce the law and deal with any circumstances that arise from that action. Not as in this country dont enforce the law in case of negative consequences.

No, just stating the fact that the law is the law. Thats not 'Thai way".

No, just stating the fact that the law is the law. Thats not 'Thai way".

Sure... :)

Who cares what happens?? .....Again; Don't be ridiculous. Arresting one man could trigger all kind of things.

So your happy there is no rule of law here then? If the police had stopped the red shirts from protesting then they would be crying that there is no democracy blah blah blah. But they wont let the police do their job in a 'democratic' country. They want the best of both worlds if you ask me.

Like i said in my other post, the police's job is to uphold the law, if they arrest him and a riot kicks off, then it is the police's job to regain civil order. If that includes bringing out the riot police then so be it.

You seem to be advocating mob rule!!!

So your happy there is no rule of law here then? If the police had stopped the red shirts from protesting then they would be crying that there is no democracy blah blah blah. But they wont let the police do their job in a 'democratic' country. They want the best of both worlds if you ask me.

Like i said in my other post, the police's job is to uphold the law, if they arrest him and a riot kicks off, then it is the police's job to regain civil order. If that includes bringing out the riot police then so be it.

You seem to be advocating mob rule!!!

Wel, i am sure if you had been a cop you would have bravely done your duty.

Good boy.

The law and justice in Thailand is for those with money. No money = no justice

Go to a policestation, file a report and ask them to take action... unless they get an envelope they won't do anything..

I've seen accidents in the middle of an intersection where policemen are sitting in their AC booth not bothering to come out.

In many countries you would be charged for not doing your duty as a police.

Edited by Topprofile

Carib, instead of the condescending remarks, answer the question. Are you advocating mob rule?

No of course I am not, that is why the mob shouldn't be triggered.

Now if you don't understand that in the light of some 100.000 people in the streets trying to get attention for what they want ( right or wrong, I don't care), an arrest can have grave consequences for all, involved or not, than you can have your law, but certainly have no feel for the moment to apply it.

Sorry about the boy part.

Carib, instead of the condescending remarks, answer the question. Are you advocating mob rule?

Now if you don't understand that in the light of some 100.000 people in the streets trying to get attention for what they want ( right or wrong, I don't care), an arrest can have grave consequences for all, involved or not, than you can have your law, but certainly have no feel for the moment to apply it.

So wait until the government has been overthrown, the laws changed and he won't be prosecuted... GREAT!

That is what the reds are hoping for Thaksin... Get the reds in, change the laws and Thaksin can come back and get his money back and rule this country again..

So wait until the government has been overthrown, the laws changed and he won't be prosecuted... GREAT!

That is what the reds are hoping for Thaksin... Get the reds in, change the laws and Thaksin can come back and get his money back and rule this country again..

I wasnot talking about thaksin or the future, I was talking about now and making an arrest in this situation.

But unless the rule of law is enforced then mob rule is what will happen. The Government keep insisting that the police wont use violence on the reds. That sort of gives them carte blanche do do what they want. If they start blocking traffic etc and causing the mayhem that they are threatening then the police have the authority to go in and make arrests.

If they dont, how can civil order be maintained???

Not hard to understand at all. They tend to govern by anarchy and always try to stay in the midlle and most do not like to take sides. There is no such thing as biased democracy

Democracy is not free, it has a price that people have to be willing to pay, otherwise this is what will happen

This exact question is on the thai news now...

WHY is the police not taking him and why can the red dictate the terms..

If you do something wrong why are you being able to tell them when you are coming in?

The attitude of a pack of petulant adolescents comes to mind.

Who cares what will happen? My family. Me. You want him? You arrest him. Smart for them to wait til the protest is over. No need to aggrevate people who are already unstable.

Who cares what will happen? My family. Me. You want him? You arrest him. Smart for them to wait til the protest is over. No need to aggrevate people who are already unstable.

So if someone was just about to shoot you or someone in your close circle you would rather the police wait for them to pull the trigger first and arrest them after????

This exact question is on the thai news now...

WHY is the police not taking him and why can the red dictate the terms..

If you do something wrong why are you being able to tell them when you are coming in?

I donot know how to explain why they donot arrest him but i so know that history tells us a lot.

So for those of you who arenot British or donot know British history I would like to remind you of Thomas Beckett The Archbishop of Canterbury and the result of his being killed. ( I amnot british by the way).

So in my opinion arresting him has greater problems than being diplomatic and waiting till april 1 when he will surrender.

But unless the rule of law is enforced then mob rule is what will happen. The Government keep insisting that the police wont use violence on the reds. That sort of gives them carte blanche do do what they want. If they start blocking traffic etc and causing the mayhem that they are threatening then the police have the authority to go in and make arrests.

No police force in the world would execute an arrest warrant in these circumstances.

It would be irresponsible to risk sparking a riot, possibly causing damage, injury or even fatalities, just to make a point.

And what would be the benefit of making the arrest – none. Chances are that this warrant allows for the police to take the man into custody then release him on bail to return at a later date (with his lawyer) for questioning. So he would probably be walking out of the police station while the fires were still burning.

The only justification for an arrest now would be:

1)if the police believed they would not be able to trace/arrest him on a future occasion (hence the negotiation – probably arranging for him to turn himself in after the demonstrations). Or

2)if the arrest would REDUCE the risk of harm or damage – which, clearly, it would not.

All of this is normal police procedure – everywhere.

No police force in the world would execute an arrest warrant in these circumstances.

It would be irresponsible to risk sparking a riot, possibly causing damage, injury or even fatalities, just to make a point.

And what would be the benefit of making the arrest – none. Chances are that this warrant allows for the police to take the man into custody then release him on bail to return at a later date (with his lawyer) for questioning. So he would probably be walking out of the police station while the fires were still burning.

The only justification for an arrest now would be:

1)if the police believed they would not be able to trace/arrest him on a future occasion (hence the negotiation – probably arranging for him to turn himself in after the demonstrations). Or

2)if the arrest would REDUCE the risk of harm or damage – which, clearly, it would not.

All of this is normal police procedure – everywhere.

Really???

post-86620-1268547203_thumb.jpg

post-86620-1268547212_thumb.jpg

post-86620-1268547222_thumb.jpg

post-86620-1268547233_thumb.jpg

post-86620-1268547260_thumb.jpg

Really???

I thought we were discussing the planned arrest of a high profile leader - in full view of a mass rally.

Of course the police will make arrests if the demonstration becomes unruly (as shown in your photos). But by this time the leaders will be leading from the rear.