Pattaya Lawyer/fixer Recommendations

richardb

My friend needs to apply for a new migrant worker permitt but has not technically been employed for a bit falling out with her friend who employed her ( a quite spectacular catfight infact ) . Below is what needs to happen I think.

1.submit their house registration, ID, map of the place xxx will work for, fille the request form for migrant domestic worker at the Local labour department)

Then they will send the the permit to you ( in approximately 2-3 weeks)...

2. after the employer has got the permit , take her to register at the local labour department ( she needs to bring her 2 passport photo) registration fee 1,800 baht for 1 year permit + 100 baht registration fee.

3. then bring the registration and permit to the hospital for physical check-up. ( they will tell you in the permit which hospital to go to ) cost 1,900 baht.

The reallity it seems is that the above never happens instead the local taxi bloke takes her down the labor office everyone gets pissed me the fallang goes to his local western union and Miss Idiot gets some dodgy card as a foreign Lao/Burmese/God knows what. Everyone returns and paying homage to the great God Western Union parties till the money runs out. When travelling the local police,airport staff staff quite rightly give me grief over the various docs that Miss <deleted> produces which generally results in me having to make a religious donation.

Price inflation must have hit Thailand quite hard this year as the current asking price to sort her and her idiot acomplisis out is 20,000 Baht.

Being the evil hardhearted falang crap boyfriend that I am I kinda object to throwing 20K Baht at this usless shower of incompetent bastards. ( In any case I need to save money for papas operation ?!? papa being oddly accident prone of as I had to bail the scrawney <deleted> out of prison?!? last month )

Any recomendation for a suitable Thai proffessional to sort idiot Burmese GF appreciated

Richard

Edited by richardb

My friend needs to apply for a new migrant worker permitt but has not technically been employed for a bit falling out with her friend who employed her ( a quite spectacular catfight infact ) . Below is what needs to happen I think.

1.submit their house registration, ID, map of the place xxx will work for, fille the request form for migrant domestic worker at  the Local labour department)

2. after the employer has got the permit , take her to register at the local labour department ( she needs to bring her 2 passport photo) registration fee 1,800 baht for 1 year permit + 100 baht registration fee.

3. then bring the registration and permit to the hospital for physical check-up. ( they will tell you in the permit which hospital to go to ) cost 1,900 baht.

The reallity it seems is that the above never happens instead the local taxi bloke takes her down the labor office everyone gets pissed me the fallang goes to his local western union and Miss Idiot gets some dodgy card as a foreign Lao/Burmese/God knows what. Everyone returns and paying homage to the great God Western Union parties till the money runs out. When travelling the local police,airport staff staff quite rightly give me grief over the various docs that Miss <deleted> produces which generally results in me having to make a religious donation.

Price inflation must have hit Thailand quite hard this year as the current asking price to sort her and her idiot acomplisis out is 20,000 Baht.

Being the evil hardhearted falang crap boyfriend that I am I kinda object to throwing 20K Baht at this usless shower of incompetent bastards. ( In any case I need to save money for papas operation ?!? papa being oddly accident prone of as I had to bail the scrawney <deleted> out of prison?!? last month )

Any recomendation for a suitable Thai proffessional to sort idiot Burmese GF appreciated

Richard

Try Shan Chaisarin 01-335-3388

Public Law & Accounting Office

They're situated on Pattaya 3rd Road

Office ## = 038-412-811-2

Sensible, speaks English very reasonable pricing compared to others an other option is if you know where the office of the Public Attorney is on Sukhumvit Road heading towards Sattahip. You just might get some free advice and or pointed in the right direction or again the same department in Chonburi. See the AG himself, if you can by making an appointment he speaks perfect English university educated overseas. Chan will help for sure, the the others are just options for future advice if you can get to the right people. Handy to know once your in.

Good Luck

Wear a collar and tie. Present yourself as a professional and Geng Jai with respect

Edited by MP5

Good Luck

Wear a collar and tie. Present yourself as a professional and Geng Jai with respect

MP5, any idea how much he charges to form a company for a house purchase ?

Good Luck

MP5, any idea how much he charges to form a company for a house purchase ?

I just rang him for you a company up to 1 Million Thb to purchase a house all up 35,000 Thb. This includes his fees too!

Ring his mobile and confirm just mention you had a phone call earlier today about 1230 pm in regards to forming a company to purchase a house!

I would be interested to know how you both get on!

Same applys Good Luck!

1.submit their house registration, ID, map of the place xxx will work for, fille the request form for migrant domestic worker at  the Local labour department)

Richard

:o Less gullability springs to mind.

As for "Thai proffessional to sort out idiot Burmese GF" .Have you never seen the Sopranos?

Edited by roscoe

MP5 said, "I just rang him for you a company up to 1 Million Thb to purchase a house all up 35,000 Thb. This includes his fees too!

Ring his mobile and confirm just mention you had a phone call earlier today about 1230 pm in regards to forming a company to purchase a house! "

thanks MP5, I appreciate you doing that for me. Only one slight problem about calling him. As we speak I am in Sydney Australia ! Currently only in Pattaya for 7 days every month. My permanant move is not untill August. Will call him next month on return. Cheers.

MP5 said, "I just rang him for you a company up to 1 Million Thb to purchase a house all up 35,000 Thb. This includes his fees too!

Ring his mobile and confirm just mention you had a phone call earlier today about 1230 pm in regards to forming a company to purchase a house! "

thanks MP5, I appreciate you doing that for me. Only one slight problem about calling him. As we speak I am in Sydney Australia ! Currently only in Pattaya for 7 days every month. My permanant move is not untill August. Will call him next month on return. Cheers.

You're Welcome try this

[email protected] and cc to

[email protected]

They're both his email address's.

You might as well open lines of communication at least then you will have an intro and possible confirmation of what your exact requirements are.

35,000 for a 1 million B company is expensive. That is the usual price for a 2 million baht company.

By shopping around you will see the average is 25,000 Baht. And that is by reputable well known lawyers also such as Magna Carta on Pattaya Tai plus others.

35,000 for a 1 million B company is expensive. That is the usual price for a 2 million baht company.

By shopping around you will see the average is 25,000 Baht. And that is by reputable well known lawyers also such as Magna Carta on Pattaya Tai plus others.

I'm new to this aspect of life in Thailand (setting up a company, buying a house, ect). I've tried gleaning some info off of the other boards/topics, but am still a little confused.

I pay a lawyer (for example) 25-35,000 baht to set up a (1 or 2) million baht company. The company has to be majority owned by Thais (on paper). Do I have to put (1 or 2) million baht in a company bank account ?

Can that money then be used (by the "company") to buy the house/land ?

As the "CEO" of the company, would I qualify for a work permit and visa ?

Sorry if the questions sound dumb. Spent most of my career in the army, never had to deal with things like this before, but I do now if I want to settle in LOS on a more permament basis.

The more info I have, the less chance that'll I'll get hosed by some fly-by-night shyster (I hope !)

Thanks,

I agree, 35,000 Baht is the price for a 2 million Baht company. You don't need a two million Baht company to own a house, 1M is enough.

If you are thinking about setting up a business with a work permit then you need a minimum 2M Baht. You will not get a WP for owning a house. Its hard enough to get one with a legitimate business! To get a WP you have to employ, and pay social security and tax on a minimum 4 Thai staff and be VAT registered. Its not a simple process.

You do not have to proove capital when setting up a company. If you buy a house for 10M Baht, you still only need a 1M Baht company.

Go and see a good real estate company, they will advise you. Ask around as there are some bad ones also, this is Pattaya! I would recommend Heiner at Siam Properties or Alan at Pattaya Reality in Pattaya or Terry at North Shore Real Estate in Jomtien. They will be very happy to explain the process and give sound advice.

Edited by wcr

• 2 weeks later...
Try Shan ChaisarinPublic Law & Accounting OfficeI
would not recommend tha afforementioned law office, as I had a quite nasty experience there and did not find the lawyers trustworthy.

The lastest law office I'm dealing with was recommended by the Am. Embassy and the woman seems quite resonable. Thai Int Law Consultants tel. 038-421-725. katrena

Edited by turbo

Try Shan ChaisarinPublic Law & Accounting OfficeI
would not recommend tha afforementioned law office, as I had a quite nasty experience there and did not find the lawyers trustworthy.

The lastest law office I'm dealing with was recommended by the Am. Embassy and the woman seems quite resonable. Thai Int Law Consultants tel. 038-421-725. katrena

Never had a problem with Shan mind you I liaise with The Attorney Generals Office near weekly.

Each to their own as long as your happy and satisfied with the service. That's all that matters.

What was your bad experience. Others might learn and I can bring it to his attention.

You're only as good as your last job.

What happened to leave a bad taste.

I know 50 + Falangs doing property deals with him.

Not one complaint.

Yours need to be aired so it does'nt happen again

Thanks for your feed back most appreciated.