Thai Girls In Hotel?

BIG SPUDS

just looking at the title makes me laugh, no doubt this will get viewed a lot :D

The question i have is:- I return to Pattaya to pick my fiance up and take her to the UK shortly.

Before she goes, her sister and a friend are coming to see us. Her sister is coming from bangkok and i think her friend is too (not sure), i will be stopping at the sabai lodge. I have offered to pay for a room for them to stop for a couple of days. After reading previous posts, i understand thai's stopping in a room alone may be a problem. do you think i will have a problem with this??

They could always stop with me and the missus (they are both stunners) :D:o:D

I dont mind honest!!!!

Edited by BIG SPUDS

just looking at the title makes me laugh, no doubt this will get viewed a lot  :D

The question i have is:-  I return to Pattaya to pick my fiance up and take her to the UK shortly.

Before she goes, her sister and a friend are coming to see us. Her sister is coming from bangkok and i think her friend is too (not sure), i will be stopping at the sabai lodge. I have offered to pay for a room for them to stop for a couple of days. After reading previous posts, i understand thai's stopping in a room alone may be a problem. do you think i will have a problem with this??

They could always stop with me and the missus (they are both stunners)  :D  :o  :D

I dont mind honest!!!!

I know exactly what you mean Spuds.

I had a room over in the A1-Hotel (the one that looks like a set of cruise ships in between soi 2 and 3 on beach road)

Those bastards messed up and gave us a lessor quality room (a long winded explanation and stuff). So we had 2 full sized beds pushed togeather instead of a King. They basically told me I could check out but, all the money that I paid for the room would not be returned. GGRRRrr. :D

Well anyway back on your subject :D :

My brother in law and his wife gave my wife and I a ride in their car from about 8 hours away. He was pretty ###### tired and they live in Bangkok so we were like what the ###### we can just push the beds apart. We just passed up the gaurd and got to the room. We had a phone call shortly after requesting guest fees and, their ID Cards. So, I went down. The ladys at the desk were like "how many 'guests' do you have?" I said two... they were like "you have 2 lady in room tonight." I didn't feel like explaining to them so I said well a lady and a man. Hahahah some looks they gave me when they saw the ID Cards were from a Married Couple. They charged me 800 Baht a piece for the guest fees!!!!

When I got back to the room they were already showered and my wife had given him one of my shirts and she gave her sister some of her clothes and went out to eat...

In the morning when I went to pick up thier ID Cards I got some more looks as they checked the ID's and saw that it was a Married couple. Nothing was said, just could tell what they were thinking. LOL

But you shouldn't have any problem. Just have to have to pay guest fees to the hotel.

just looking at the title makes me laugh, no doubt this will get viewed a lot  :D

The question i have is:-  I return to Pattaya to pick my fiance up and take her to the UK shortly.

They could always stop with me and the missus (they are both stunners)  :D  :o  :D

I dont mind honest!!!!

I did not read the whole thread, just your question.

Thai people can not stay alone. So, they will all stay together wherever they go.

I agree it is cheaper but not really what the farang has in mind... :D

Please read the 'Thai Fever' book...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34609

Thai people can not stay alone. So, they will all stay together wherever they go.

I agree it is cheaper but not really what the farang has in mind... :o

Wow... Maybe you should read the tread, and not just post in order to get your number up... 77 so far in 5 days? Are you on a mission?

"Thai people can not stay alone."

Hmm, some reply... please in the future, read the threads you are replying to.

Wow... Maybe you should read the tread, and not just post in order to get your number up... 77 so far in 5 days? Are you on a mission?

No, I'm not but are you?

I just read the whole thread and what I learned I prefer not to comment about it.

But anyway, nice talking to you, Peder...

No, I'm not but are you?

I just read the whole thread and what I learned I prefer not to comment about it.

But anyway, nice talking to you, Peder...

No, my average is 1.3 posts per day.

LOL, what could you have possibly learned?

Nice talking to you too. Heheh. Do I know you from somewhere?

Big Spuds. I have never had a problem with my wife's cousins and friends( female) staying in the same hotel as us, in their own room. Must have done so on a dozen occasions over last 5 years, in Pattaya, Bangkok and Isaan. Make sure you are there when they check in. Have stayed 3 in a room with her friend but not 4. My wife doesn't like it because I don't wear anything in bed and she insists on sleeping in the middle. :o

Sabai Lodge seems guest friendly as there is no surcharge.

Have to agree, 'Thai people don't like staying alone'. My mates girlfriend stays in the room 24/7 and only goes out to get food. Quite funny really but she's really contented.

But to answer the question, just make sure you're there when they check in and try to explain to the security that they can have the key when they want. I 've had trouble with that before. Just make it clear from the start.

And for us that like to read forums to get answers, not links on where to read books where on page 256 there might be an answer...why is this?

I.e., why would there be an issue/problem with having thai friends/relatives staying in their own rooms?

Since I cannot possible see how I would end up traveling with any relatives of my wife the next 2-3 years, I want to know out of curiosity. =)

Spuds- my advice would be to have your wife call (speaking Thai) and make a reservation in the Thai name of her sister for two persons. If there will be any problem it should come out at this time. If they take the booking, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. If they say they are full, they are probably lying to discourage Thai people.

If you want to have some fun and do a little experiment- call yourself (speaking English) after your wife does and request a reservation for the same period in your Farang name. See if you get the same rate. If there is a difference (Room available or Thai rate higher), you will know that the hotel is biased.

I dont mind honest!!!!

Then... why didn't you suggest this first??? Sounds like a good plan to me! :D