What Are The Possibilities To Get From Pattaya Beach To Laem Chabang And Back Every Day?

Lammbock

Hello Guys,

I have a problem to get from Pattaya Beach Soi 10 or Soi 13 to Laem Chabang Industrial Park every Morning at 7 and every evening back at 6 for 12 Days???

I know there are no Taxis like we have here in Bangkok. SO what will be the best solution for me???

Need advise please.

Best Regards

Edited by Lammbock

Im serious about a bike......99 % of thais get to work on a bike....your in Thailand. They quick,cheap,easy and not too dangerous if you dont drive fast and stupid.

Why cant an engineer rent a bike? they only about 2k baht a month so i hope they paying more than that..........if you still dont like that idea then have you gone to the bus station and enquired as im sure there must be some buses going to chabang or pass through it and also there are private taxis in Pattaya but dont think you will like there prices.

Some buses going to Bangkok and other destinations in Northern Thailand stop in Lam Chabang but you will have to find out which ones will stop and let you get off.

Not all buses traveling through Lam Chabang let you get off as some are direct services.

You will have to research which bus does what.

Here's a link to get you started:

http://www.pattayaexpatsclub.info/bustimetable.php

The orange 'rot doysarn' buses that run along Sukhumvit will drop you outside laemChabang but then you'll need a motocy taxi to take you where you want to be in the estate but there's no way out for you unless one of your colleagues will give you a lift.

It's not illegal for foreign engineers to hire cars to drive themselves but if you don't fancy driving hire a car with driver or try to make an arrangement with a songthaew driver to drop you and pick you every day.

A friend who comes to visit me in Jomtien lives in Laem Chabang. She travels in a non-aircon bus that goes from Sattahip to Laem Chabang (and maybe on to Chon Buri after that, I’m not sure). It’s one of those oldish blue and white buses that tear along Sukhumvit. I think there are 3 or 4 per hour, and the last one is around 20:00 PM. Given that the Thais rely on these, I don’t know what time the first one runs, but it should be plenty early enough for you. The cost is 30 Baht each way. You get it at any of the bus stops on Sukhumvit (I take her to the one outside Tesco Lotus by Thepprasit). To be sure you are getting the right one you should ask a Thai – not too hard, just say something like “rot thamadaa bpai Laem Chabang, krap”? You’ll have to find your own way from the beach area to Sukhumvit – at that time of day I would use a motorbike taxi, probably 60 Baht or so for a farang.

BTW, if you know which one to look for, you can also flag the buses down on Sukhumvit – I could hardly believe it when I saw her do this. Almost an instant pile-up.

1. Get a bus: take a motorcycle taxi to the bus stop at Pattata Glang and Sukhumvit--it's at the end of the short cut-through street on the left just before the intersection. For getting back, you'll need to find out where the nearest stop is in Laem Chabang, but some buses will stop anywhere.

2. Get a baht bus: white baht buses run up and down Sukhumvit. Or take a motorcycle taxi to Naklua. Turn right at the circle w/ the big tree; it's a couple of streets past Sawang Fa Rd. Near the intersection w/ Sukhumvit, baht buses wait for customers to go to Siricha. Any will let you off at Laem Chabang. You can get one coming back as well; some of these (usually white ones) will go past Pattaya Glang. I don't know the hours of operation in the morning, but they run until late evening.

Thanks to you all for your kind support. Finally i rented a Toyota Vios for 900 Baht a Day. Its save, clean and dont have that much miles on the clock.

Best regards,

good for you. and just fyi, the Obama thing is working out as well as you wanted it to when you pulled the lever for Sarah Palin! hahah, Americans...

Get up to Sukumvit and catch the white songtoew with blue writing, they go down that way (they go into Nakleua and come out you may have to change when they turn into Nakleua), then catch the local one into the place you work. Will take some experimenting, best to do it in reverse ie going home, the first time.

Otherwise the Bangkok buses from Pattaya Neua go down Suk, you can bail out there too.

avis.

I would never again rent from AVIS, Not only do they have the highest deposit (20,000 baht), they do not have first class insurance..

I made a booking a few years ago and they only told me about the insurance and the huge desposit when i arrived for pickup... At the time Buget used to only charge 5000....

Anyway, later that day, got rear-ended by some <deleted> with no insurance and had to pay for the damage myself...... :) I now avoid AVIS worldwide..

Different strokes for different folks

I just had a 28 day rental from Avis booked over the Internet here in Thailand

20,000 THB for the entire rental period, unlimited mileage, no deposit, used my US based Credit Card, could not have been easier

More than likely they withheld the 20,000 baht in a second credit card transaction, which is then cancelled on the cars return and doesn't show up on a statment