How Good Is 3bb Fixed Line?

punkonater

Hey guys. So I play World of Warcraft with an SSH tunnel. However I've figured out that True (even though I have one of those "awesome" 8mb direct connections") limits individual connections to 15kbps, which even though I have a great graphics card and a brand new 5k router/modem (made for gaming), I get insane packet loss and always disconnect from the game client.

So I'm wondering. If you have a 3bb fixed line.

1. Is it worth it

2. How fast can you torrent?

3. If you game (what's your latency/packet loss like)?

Thanks all. I look forward to some replies.

I think alot depends on where you live, I am presently in Chonburi and have 3bb Premier Line. It is much faster to the u.s. than tot or even where bigger packages are offered for thailand, you have to ask for it. (sorry for no real stats, I haven't bothered since I am happy with it).

I have had a TT&T fixed line (no telephone) for over two years, now 3BB. Much better than TOT ever were.

If I check inside my router I get 3084 down 1024 up. Do a speedtest and I get 2.8 down, 832 up.

Torrents downloading is fairly impressive.

Like many things in Thailand. There are no regulators so you get what you are given. Generally both True and TOT are 'pants' IMHO. It depends on the area you live in. It is like a raffle. You pay your money and hope for the best.

One day there will be free market/competition and a complaints department that "does what it says it will". Until then you have to put up with the crap provision given.

• 1 month later...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY WELL CLEAR OF 3BB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I signed up with 3BB premier package, within first month connection was down 5 times which i had to call them numerous times to get fixed and only once did the woman actually fix it within seconds over the phone, when others would simply fob you off with "we will call you back"

Then after 6 weeks the connection simply stopped, i waited a day or two as i understand it may have been an issue they were fixing

then i decided to call them, again i was fobbed off with "we will call you back" the return calls never came

and i have found myself calling 3BB every day for 2 weeks now attempting to get connection fixed in which time i have no internet.

the last call i just made i aksed to speak to the manager, which i was told was not in the office, but afeter some persistance, suddenly he was there to call me (so an obvious lie to a customer) i basically had to ask the girl to stand up out of chair and get me whoever is in charge, as when i first asked she simply sat there and said nothing(but i could still hear her breathing)

the other issue i had which i complained when i was first connected is that they advertise premier 3meg connection, which is actually just a 2meg connection and can be clearly seen on the router config, and when running any speedtests.

:) !!!! I AM STILL TRYING TO GET MY CONNECTION FIXED AFTER 2 WEEKS OF PHONE CALLS !!!! :D

the only reason i had 3BB was due to it being the only available choice apart from CAT(2500 baht a month) for my soi

so i was stuck with no option

advice to anyone

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY WELL CLEAR OF 3BB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will now be switching to CAT which may be expensive(more than double the price) but always connected

ALL internet companies in Thailand must go through CAT as they own the international connections

previously i have had CAT(Pattaya) and TRUE(BKK) and i never had a prblem with either

Edited by goldentongs

True "Premium" products are excellent its the fastest i have used in bkk. (And i have used a lot of providers)

I would suggest you move over to 8mb premium or 12mb premium. I would also suggest you use a Broadcom chipset router/modem with the DSLAMS made a fair difference with me with packet loss, line stability and sync rates with the dslam. (By the way what sync rate is your router showing on the web interface).

I really do not think there is a better offer than True Premium product available in Thailand just now. CSLOXinfo SME product is very decent as well but very expensive and limited to 4mb just now.

Edited by negreanu

We switched to 3bb several weeks ago (in Chiang Mai) and have had nothing but problems since. It comes and goes all day long. In fact it just went out when I was trying to post this. Buyer beware! :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

We have both at home: TT&T ( now3BB) 3mb premier -adsl- in the study room ; and True 8mb on wireless.

We are more than happy with (ex)MaxNet...

Regarding the fact that if it was not for the convenience and contract (our True package came with UBC & Iphone) we would had it canceled for a long time.