Uk Elections

• 2 weeks later...

The likely or even possible outcome of the election is becoming very very unclear, no party seems to be in a position to gain an outright majority and now the Lib Dems are saying that they will not do a deal with Gordon at any price, the notion that their might be a Cons/Lib Dem coalition seems somewhat surreal. I'm assuming here that votes for the Lib Dems are merely going to reduce the Conservative vote.

So what is the likely scenario, Labour ditches Gordon in favour of David Miliband and the Lib Dems do a a deal with Labour, I can't see any other possible outcome. All that being true then it bodes well for Sterling.

The likely or even possible outcome of the election is becoming very very unclear, no party seems to be in a position to gain an outright majority and now the Lib Dems are saying that they will not do a deal with Gordon at any price, the notion that their might be a Cons/Lib Dem coalition seems somewhat surreal. I'm assuming here that votes for the Lib Dems are merely going to reduce the Conservative vote.

So what is the likely scenario, Labour ditches Gordon in favour of David Miliband and the Lib Dems do a a deal with Labour, I can't see any other possible outcome. All that being true then it bodes well for Sterling.

Although i don't agree with many of the Lib Dems key points, Trident being the main and wanting to continue spending, i think Vince Cable talks honestly about the UK's problems and understands them the best.

It does'nt say much about the UK election process that the party thats been in 3rd place for generations and normally gets the protest vote will have so much power in deciding who/what will be running the country.

I agree its looking like a hung parliment, which i think will be bearish for Sterling.

Although i don't agree with many of the Lib Dems key points, Trident being the main and wanting to continue spending, i think Vince Cable talks honestly about the UK's problems and understands them the best.

It does'nt say much about the UK election process that the party thats been in 3rd place for generations and normally gets the protest vote will have so much power in deciding who/what will be running the country.

I agree its looking like a hung parliment, which i think will be bearish for Sterling.

Its weird. But you have to bear in mind that the seemingly stratospheric rise of the the Lib Dems and Nick Clegg has come about solely because of the first ever TV debate by the party leaders in the UK. How many of the people polled after the debate will vote ? How soft is that vote ? I listened to a Radio 1 phone in today where Nick Clegg got repeatedly savaged over the plans for an amnesty for illegal immigrants. Other polls conducted over the last year have shown around 90% opposition to any such amnesty.

Begs the question; how many of the public who watched last weeks debate actually knew that was a Lib Dem policy ? How many of them will vote.

Watch the debate on Thursday or its aftermath. Nick Clegg will be attacked, problem is its on Sky and Freeview so that's another one to consider.

I know that Chiang Mai is a fan of Vince Cable. Well each to your own, I happen to agree with Ken Clarke that a hung parliament will probably require the intervention of the IMF. Lets get it right here, Cable might sound sensible but Lib Dem policies alarm the City. I've watched God knows how much coverage of the election campaign....very scary that George Osbourne might as well have been trapped in La-La land by the Iceland volcano , totally non-visible on TV during an election campaign, the man (until last week) we thought might be the next Chancellor considered too great an electoral liability to appear on TV.

What happened to the Monster Raving Loony Party when you needed them ??? :)

No idea what will happen. Might as well tattoo a soap bubble

Its weird. But you have to bear in mind that the seemingly stratospheric rise of the the Lib Dems and Nick Clegg has come about solely because of the first ever TV debate by the party leaders in the UK. How many of the people polled after the debate will vote ? How soft is that vote ? I listened to a Radio 1 phone in today where Nick Clegg got repeatedly savaged over the plans for an amnesty for illegal immigrants. Other polls conducted over the last year have shown around 90% opposition to any such amnesty.

Begs the question; how many of the public who watched last weeks debate actually knew that was a Lib Dem policy ? How many of them will vote.

Watch the debate on Thursday or its aftermath. Nick Clegg will be attacked, problem is its on Sky and Freeview so that's another one to consider.

I know that Chiang Mai is a fan of Vince Cable. Well each to your own, I happen to agree with Ken Clarke that a hung parliament will probably require the intervention of the IMF. Lets get it right here, Cable might sound sensible but Lib Dem policies alarm the City. I've watched God knows how much coverage of the election campaign....very scary that George Osbourne might as well have been trapped in La-La land by the Iceland volcano , totally non-visible on TV during an election campaign, the man (until last week) we thought might be the next Chancellor considered too great an electoral liability to appear on TV.

What happened to the Monster Raving Loony Party when you needed them ??? :)

No idea what will happen. Might as well tattoo a soap bubble

It's not so much that I'm a big fan of Vince, it's just that he seems to be the best of the bunch and he is very highly regarded in the City, but I do agree about Osbourne, it makes you want to ask Dave, whatever were you thinking! And finally yes I also agree, this is one election that Lord Sutch could have won hands down and that would have been a real sight to see, RIP you mad sod.

If you weren't confused before, you will be after reading the article below, Goldman Sachs says buy the Pound, Ken Clarke effectively says sell the Pound and one brave trader actually admits that nobody will know what the right thing to do is until the day the herd starts to move, in one direction or another:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economi...dman-Sachs.html