Deposed Thai Premier Thaksin Spotted In Montenegro

webfact

He comes up with his best idea over cups of coffee. That's what the Red Shirts will be told.

While they are sweating away in Bangkok's tremendous heat (boy, was it hot today!!), these people do not mind if his wife and children are busy shopping overseas and him sipping coffee in a resort town. Apparently, they didn't mind last April. Why should they mind it now? And, these people want to topple elitism while they're perpetuating one. Okaaay, there's inconsistency every minute.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I quite imagine Khun T is still in Dubai where he has always been. This is just silly propaganda sent out by Thai govt to mislead the public.

well, wherever he is, he isn't marching or giving blood. he's relaxing in a posh hotel, well away from the people he claims he represents while he begs them "save me" . Goes to show, money can't buy class

What a joke. I'm quite sure too that he's still in Dubai. First he was allegedly thrown out of Dubai, then he was supposed to have arrived in Cambodia. A few hours later the government said he joined his daughters in Germany and when the German ambassador said that he couldn't enter Germany since last year because of a visa violation, he was suddenly in Switzerland. Now, he's supposed to be in Montenegro, spotted eating cakes and drinking coffee.

I quite imagine Khun T is still in Dubai where he has always been. This is just silly propaganda sent out by Thai govt to mislead the public.

Wasn't it Thaksin himself, who claimed on Twitter, that he was heading off to see his daughters in Germany ? Why might he say that, if he was still in Dubai, perhaps did his plans change ?

If it was him, sitting and eating cake whilst his supporters are being asked for blood, could he perhaps have been pondering how much of his 'bread' might be returned to him, following the dismal short-fall in numbers, at the Million Man March ? :)

Eating cake, huh? That is classic. A man feeling the pain of this people ...

Showing what he feels about 'the poor' eh?

post-26955-1268649184.jpg

If you're referring to the Queen of France during the French Revolution (Marie Antoinette i think), then this is quite different, she said "let them eat cake" cake-referring to corn bread, her advisor told her that the people dont have bread to eat and she asked why they couldn't make and eat corn-bread instead (at least that's the only sensible reason i have heard of, of why she said that)-->thaksin how ever is just a rich b****ard

If you're referring to the Queen of France during the French Revolution (Marie Antoinette i think), then this is quite different, she said "let them eat cake" cake-referring to corn bread, her advisor told her that the people dont have bread to eat and she asked why they couldn't make and eat corn-bread instead (at least that's the only sensible reason i have heard of, of why she said that)-->thaksin how ever is just a rich b****ard

Brioche < fluffy / light brioche > not corn bread !

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche ... but that is Speculative

I don't understand why red shirts, yellow shirt, or no shirt at all care that much about the type of hotel he is staying or whether he was sipping or chugging that coffee and if it was cake, bread, cupcakes or a sandwich. He can't be in Thailand leading the demonstrations for obvious reasons, it is no secret to anyone he has money he's not hiding that, so what. The man likes coffee and cake.. he's not much different than anyone else in that regard.

I'm in no way defending him, supporting him or doing the opposite. I'm simply saying the reference to eating cake and sipping coffee is just absurd and biased reporting.

Part of the news Vesti.sr 15. March 2010

Thaksin Shinawatra which in Montenegro called "the richest Montenegrins, was seen on Sunday in Budva…..

Interestingly, in the original source quoted, there seems to be no such article about Thaksin (there spelled Taksin).

There are two mentioning him, but they do say nothing about him actually being in Montenegro (Google Translate to the help, the language is Serbian):

- http://www.vijesti.me/index.php?id=332157

- http://www.vijesti.me/index.php?id_pre=332...amp;godina=2010

What a joke. I'm quite sure too that he's still in Dubai. First he was allegedly thrown out of Dubai, then he was supposed to have arrived in Cambodia. A few hours later the government said he joined his daughters in Germany and when the German ambassador said that he couldn't enter Germany since last year because of a visa violation, he was suddenly in Switzerland. Now, he's supposed to be in Montenegro, spotted eating cakes and drinking coffee.

Actually, it was Thaksin who twittered that he was going to Germany to see the kids.

Some leaders lead from the front. Others sit in cafes, far behind the lines,

....while their foot soldiers do the dirty work.

And for those who wonder how he could not be in Germany, when he twittered he'd be in Germany....

Could it be possible that the great sage leader, 'only savior for Thailand' (his words) could have lied?!?!

Perish the thought.

Edited by brahmburgers

I don't understand why red shirts, yellow shirt, or no shirt at all care that much about the type of hotel he is staying or whether he was sipping or chugging that coffee and if it was cake, bread, cupcakes or a sandwich. He can't be in Thailand leading the demonstrations for obvious reasons, it is no secret to anyone he has money he's not hiding that, so what. The man likes coffee and cake.. he's not much different than anyone else in that regard.

I'm in no way defending him, supporting him or doing the opposite. I'm simply saying the reference to eating cake and sipping coffee is just absurd and biased reporting.

You don't get it, huh? OK.

He could be in Thailand. In jail. Facing the consequences of his actions. Like a brave man. Like a real leader with real moral credibility.

His masses are melting in the heat eating fermented fish and insects fighting for his money and power, while he luxuriates in one of the pleasure palaces of the world.

You don't think that stinks to high heaven? OK, then, whatever ...

BTW, I like cake too, but I don't pretend I am like Nelson Mandella ...

Edited by Jingthing

If it's true he never went to Cambodia and if it's true that he has not been asked to leave Dubai, it may be an oppotunity for Abhisit to reshuffle FM Kasit out of his cabinet. He is one of the few embarassments (among Democrats) of this administration and I think it would be a nice concilliatory gesture towards the Red Shirted people.

He should be leading these demonstrations. To quote Thaksin: "I will protect democracy with my life."

Actually, the Germany statement was on Thaksin's own Twitter page. The Montenego story is from AFP, the French Press Agency. You're right about Kasit's Cambodia blunder though.

THAKSIN, WHERE ARE YOU?

FM to verify report Thaksin is in Montenegro

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Foreign Ministry on Monday assign its embassy in Hungary to verify a news report that fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra was spotted in Montenegro.

Vice Foreign Minister Panich Vikitsreth said Thailand has no embassy in Montenegro so it assigned its embassy in Pudapest to check the reports.

He was responding to a news report by TV Vijesti of Montenegro who reported that Thaksin was seen in coastal Budva's medieval old town on Sunday. He enjoyed sipping coffee and cakes in one of the area's posh hotel with his entourage.

Thaksin is believed to have a Montenegrin passport but it has not yet known whether he has been given citizenship.

Thaksin's whereabout is not known after he left his shelters in Dubai, United Arab Emirates last week. He went missing as his red shirts protesters kicked off their mass rallies.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-03-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

well he went missing right at the time they had a rally. shows he is no leader after all. doesn't matter what fox tunnel he's hiding in, capital C for Coward.

why do they always disappear in times like this? why do Thaksin's relatives always go for business trip during Reds demonstrations? why do Thaksin himself roams around the world in these times? while the people that supports them sleep on the streets and stay under the hot sun?

You don't get it, huh? OK.

He could be in Thailand. In jail. Facing the consequences of his actions. Like a brave man. Like a real leader with real moral credibility.

His masses are melting in the heat eating fermented fish and insects fighting for his money and power, while he luxuriates in one of the pleasure palaces of the world.

You don't think that stinks to high heaven? OK, then, whatever ...

BTW, I like cake too, but I don't pretend I am like Nelson Mandella ...

thats the point. But Mandela was man enough to face the music, more brave and more of a leader. He has revealed his true colors after all. Sure it'll catch up to him. Can't be too fun looking over your back in fear of your life, being a laughing stock, and being a pathological liar.

From The Nation:

ice Foreign Minister Panich Vikitsreth said Thailand has no embassy in Montenegro so it assigned its embassy in Pudapest to check the reports.

Mmm, Pudapest, Pontenegro, Mumbai or Dubai, Thai Secret Service like the Inspector Clouseau??

Part of the news Vesti.sr 15. March 2010

Thaksin Shinawatra which in Montenegro called "the richest Montenegrins, was seen on Sunday in Budva…..

Interestingly, in the original source quoted, there seems to be no such article about Thaksin (there spelled Taksin).

There are two mentioning him, but they do say nothing about him actually being in Montenegro (Google Translate to the help, the language is Serbian):

- http://www.vijesti.me/index.php?id=332157

- http://www.vijesti.me/index.php?id_pre=332...amp;godina=2010

Here mentioning that he was in Montenegro (also in Serbian language):

http://www.vesti.rs/Vesti/Sinavatra-najbog...-Crnogorac.html

For people claiming that Mr. Thaksin is 'finished', there sure is a lot of interest in where he is. ;)

there are also a lot of fan voices that demand that Thaksin should lead the red protest and are now disappointed and angry at him because because their pipe dreams not become true.

despite their pleas and wishes he goes on with his gentlemen activities and daily business, travels around, met his kids abroad, have a private life and so on.