Ear Doctor

MrWiggle

Anyone have a recommendation for a VERY GOOD ent doc in Bangkok or better yet Korat ??

I have seen 4 docs for this problem and only the latest one in Pak Chong actually fixed it once and he seems a very good doc, but whatever he is doing now it is not being fixed.

I have had an ear infection 4 times in last 10 months, 3 times in last 4 months or so.

All the suction and antibiotics has not helped get rid of it for good, althought the doc in PC did get rid of it once with a new drug, but came back 3 weeks later.

Had it now for well over a month and cannot get rid of it. Currently visit this Doc in PC every week for a suck.

Starting to like the suck, gives a nice inner feeling and makes my toes tingle.....but would rather get rid of it, than get addicted to sucking.

Hello Mr. Wiggle,

One ENT doctor who has been well received here by expats is Dr. Chairat Neruntarat (even though, if I remember correctly, his English is not perfect and he has a love of sleeping disorders).

Dr. Khemchart Tonsakulrungruang is also very good, and he is the head of the department. However, do not expect the most friendly bedside manner from him, just professionalism.

If bedside manner is important, then Dr. Prayuth Tunsuriyawong also comes recommended.

You can compare credentials at:

http://www.bumrungrad.com/overseas-medical...r-a-doctor.aspx

I had the same problem and it dragged on for ages.

E.N.T doc prescribed Locorten-Vioform ear drops and gone in 1 week. :)

what were your symptoms exactly /

I have had it infected, then gone, then infected again 3 weeks later, then the infection goen, but a discharge of 'water' from the membrane for several weeks. Continual sucking and putting in a coating of antiseptic or whatever it was cream after each sucking, has not stopped the 'leaking'

today i went to the doc again, he said it was infected again and this time also had a small amount of fungal growth.

He sucked it all out again, got antibiotics again and an ear drop this time for the fungal infection.

I must say, the sucking feels good, kinda like a fat bastard that has an itch down his pants that has not been able to scrath it for several years.

Anyway, need to get rid of it somehow as becoming tiresome over so many weeks now.

I posted below in December - patient has not had any further problems.

We recently had wife sister (retired nurse from Chula) get treatment at Vejthani Hospital with immediate good results. Dr.Prasert Sindhuratavej

I had the same problem and it dragged on for ages.

E.N.T doc prescribed Locorten-Vioform ear drops and gone in 1 week. :)

what were your symptoms exactly /

I have had it infected, then gone, then infected again 3 weeks later, then the infection goen, but a discharge of 'water' from the membrane for several weeks. Continual sucking and putting in a coating of antiseptic or whatever it was cream after each sucking, has not stopped the 'leaking'

today i went to the doc again, he said it was infected again and this time also had a small amount of fungal growth.

He sucked it all out again, got antibiotics again and an ear drop this time for the fungal infection.

I must say, the sucking feels good, kinda like a fat bastard that has an itch down his pants that has not been able to scrath it for several years.

Anyway, need to get rid of it somehow as becoming tiresome over so many weeks now.

Same symptoms as you, with the "leaking" problem, looks like clear liquid and tended to itch when warm. Those drops twice a day, cured it.