Is Giving My Girlfriend 20,000 Baht Per Month Enough?

Puriku

after seeing so many expert reply which is so true, i have been here for 4yr, i'm young, affordable over here and owns company and a foreigner over thailand, been travel to a few different country n most of the time in thailand, hear so many stories which is so dam_n true, did experience some of it but not too much. because i study alot on them. lots of liar around and cheater, corrupted personnel(not to direct but everyone knows) as long you remember this, 20k staying with her + household food n rental and kid, i think it's ok, even 25k. but not too much, since you are staying with her and she need to give her kid study and her mum, rental and bill to pay. and food which is around 3k to 5k per month. (estimated for long term) it's around there.

but never buy house & car under her name, register a company and places it under your name. you can do whatever you like and not worrying about no house to stay when you are broke.

motorcycle e.g mio/fino is too cheap so dont bother to put under your name but of coz if you are riding big harley den place it under your name too. can cost 300k haha.

for me 25000 is just a few day. because i'm a foreigner. i spend more on food that i want to eat (seriously not sure why but once i start to shop in 7-11 i can spend 600baht-1k over a day. eating with friends, travel around in taxi, some drinking in rca will cost about 15k baht per day. but i do think that i spend too much becoz i pity alot of thai are earning just 10k o 30k per month and i'm spending their monthly salary just like 1 or 2 day, tourism really bring alot of income to them and they are losing income daily due to stupid curfew.

and i'm opening a cafe in bkk, i'm gng to employ pretty waitress and aunty cooks and some dish washer and cleaner. they do a job well, i will reward them well. some of them deserve it. others don't

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after seeing so many expert reply which is so true, i have been here for 4yr, i'm young, affordable over here and owns company and a foreigner over thailand, been travel to a few different country n most of the time in thailand, hear so many stories which is so dam_n true, did experience some of it but not too much. because i study alot on them. lots of liar around and cheater, corrupted personnel(not to direct but everyone knows) as long you remember this, 20k staying with her + household food n rental and kid, i think it's ok, even 25k. but not too much, since you are staying with her and she need to give her kid study and her mum, rental and bill to pay. and food which is around 3k to 5k per month. (estimated for long term) it's around there.

but never buy house & car under her name, register a company and places it under your name. you can do whatever you like and not worrying about no house to stay when you are broke.

motorcycle e.g mio/fino is too cheap so dont bother to put under your name but of coz if you are riding big harley den place it under your name too. can cost 300k haha.

for me 25000 is just a few day. because i'm a foreigner. i spend more on food that i want to eat (seriously not sure why but once i start to shop in 7-11 i can spend 600baht-1k over a day. eating with friends, travel around in taxi, some drinking in rca will cost about 15k baht per day. but i do think that i spend too much becoz i pity alot of thai are earning just 10k o 30k per month and i'm spending their monthly salary just like 1 or 2 day, tourism really bring alot of income to them and they are losing income daily due to stupid curfew.

and i'm opening a cafe in bkk, i'm gng to employ pretty waitress and aunty cooks and some dish washer and cleaner. they do a job well, i will reward them well. some of them deserve it. others don't

Isn't it strange how there are some posters you take an instant dislike to ?

Irrational really.

Now let us be a tad honest , I give my Cambodian wife who is much younger than me , $550.00us , with this money she covers ALL of our day to day living expenses including my cigarettes and helps to support her mother . I only cough up for extaranious things like trips or visits , we eat well and I am fed mostly western style food which she cooks for me , the money extra (YES , it is mutual savings ) we bought property and built two homes in the village where her family lives in preparation for when I am gone , she will recieve a small stipend on my pension with which she can live comfortably , I never have complaints nor am I dunned for extra funds at any time . To give any wife/g.f a hand out of $500.00 a month JUST FOR HERSELF , to my mind is absolutely rediculas , her family can live like comparative lords on that amount because you are already taking care of all of her day to day needs . Get with it and take away her key to your apartment , a bus ticket back to wherever she is from and start afresh with a less greedy person , you appear to be a "Mug in the making(Taking)", you can 'Rent-a-friend ' for far less and send her home every day to care for herself .

Maybe I am just one of the more fortunate ones .

why exactly are you paying your girlfriend? she is afterall not your wife...or even better, not your x wife :) . 20k not alot..would you ever dream of giving a gf in the west a salary.... or would you expect her to be working like everyone else... if your already married, and this girls on the side, ok then and 20k is enough

The bank exchange rates are pathetic at present, inflation in increasing and I am finding it almost impossible to make ends meet.

There is no benefit anymore to being a guy, so I have decided to change my gender, become a pretty young lady and find some old Farang Schmock to take care of me.

If you’ll interested you can have me for 15000 k a month, plus food, car, motorbike, oh; don’t forget the house plus school fees for brat and 125000 baht for my dear grey haired old mother’s eye operation in London.

post-96287-1275016369_thumb.jpg

Get a hold of yourself mate piss her off.

Never understud why farangs come overhere and support girls with kids from some former local husbands and the whole bunch of families. Would they doo this back in farangland? I don't think so! But overhere seems to me that so many farangs lost their brains.

Buy her a house and car and she wil love you for another 6 months!

Edited by stingray

I think most posters here have absolutely no idea what they are writing. If you want your girlfriend to sit and watch tv for a month give her 8k a month, if your girlfriend / wife has children and parents to support then 20k a month is a reasonable amount. Do the maths yourself

Girl or BG, HUGE DIFFERENCE.

If you are stupid enough to take a girl from a Bar after one night, then you must supplement her loss of income.

If a normal girl she may have her own job or you may not want her to work, an agreement must be sort.

How much do they want, as much as they can get.

Just pay her what the girls in your home country get paid to be a girlfriend.

:) depends Vancouver gals could end up costing more than 20,000 a month

but yeah um 2 kids (that are not yours), random temper tantrums, complains... these "extras" are not in high demand back home so he should get a 100% discount considring he already pays her rent.

I also don't think she was clearing 30k a month at the beauty salon or she would have never left it.

Irrational really.

haha I had the same reaction but mostly due to the fact that buddy is spending 25,000 in just a few days on food because "he's a foreigner"?? some aunty cooks :) and pretty waitresses eh?

It depends on whether she can find someone who will pay her more.

If not - its probably more than twice what she would earn on her own (and you're paying all the living expenses) - so a great deal from her POV.

If, on the other hand, she can find someone to give her more, its obviously not enough......

I give my gf 5k a month. That is far more realistic of an expectation.

I gather the average female Thai salary is around 7k a month (from which they have to pay rent and all other living expenses). So giving your g/f 5k is not a bad deal - unless she can find someone to pay more.

But it depends on the man and the woman involved. An old man is obviously going to have to pay more to keep a young, attractive woman.

Yes OP, we are laughing at your naivety....

Edited by F1fanatic

I wouldn't give her shit. Find an educated woman with a real job. I've got a fantastic girl I've been seeing for 4 years. Has a BA & MA both from universities abroad, runs two businesses of her own, owns her own house, has her own car, never asks for money. Why burden yourself?

Makes me wonder why she stays with you then. Do you request her in the sack often?

I wouldn't give her shit. Find an educated woman with a real job. I've got a fantastic girl I've been seeing for 4 years. Has a BA & MA both from universities abroad, runs two businesses of her own, owns her own house, has her own car, never asks for money. Why burden yourself?

Makes me wonder why she stays with you then. Do you request her in the sack often?

I know, its hard to imagine a woman that stays with you - not for money (or because she's desperate), but just because she loves you and is able to support herself. :)

Or perhaps its only hard to imagine here.....

The bank exchange rates are pathetic at present, inflation in increasing and I am finding it almost impossible to make ends meet.

There is no benefit anymore to being a guy, so I have decided to change my gender, become a pretty young lady and find some old Farang Schmock to take care of me.

If you’ll interested you can have me for 15000 k a month, plus food, car, motorbike, oh; don’t forget the house plus school fees for brat and 125000 baht for my dear grey haired old mother’s eye operation in London.

I know you posted this many hours ago,but just notice your picture now.Is your offer still available?Probably too late already so in case just keep my nember for the future. :)

I know, its hard to imagine a woman that stays with you - not for money (or because she's desperate), but just because she loves you and is able to support herself. :)

Or perhaps its only hard to imagine here.....

I agree, why is it these sort of guys spit vemom when someone says " i have a normal woman" ie, not a bg or a rental, it aint rocket science is it, if you stop paying and she buggers off was it love or a rental ?.HOWEVER i have to say that after seeing some of these guys in Pattaya 20k a month to have to put up with one of them seems a tad low ! :D:D

I think most posters here have absolutely no idea what they are writing. If you want your girlfriend to sit and watch tv for a month give her 8k a month, if your girlfriend / wife has children and parents to support then 20k a month is a reasonable amount. Do the maths yourself

Sorry mate, but you’re the one who doesn’t know what you are writing.

I have a fixed income every month, made up by a pension from England and interest from savings.

My Thai wife and I have joint bank accounts. We both have access to the accounts and draw out what is necessary, such as food, household bills, medical, social, clothes, etc, etc, etc.

My income is limited, not poor, not wealthy, so my wife and I both know how much we have to spend and limit ourselves to these amounts, otherwise if we began tapping into the capital savings, as everyone knows, that’s the beginning of the end.

It means that my wife and I are a true couple and share together. If times are good we live it up a bit, if times are bad, than we both have to budget ourselves.

If a wife or girlfriend insists that she wants a set amount of money each month by hook or by crook, <deleted> or bust, than that’s a totally difference scenario. She is in fact a rent a wife, or tied wife that is adjoined to the bank balance.

I do not understand why some guys try to justify the behaviour of these gold diggers; they’re only in it for the money.

If you are happy with that sort of arrangement, fine, but they cannot be compared in anyway to a real married relationship.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Irrational really.

haha I had the same reaction but mostly due to the fact that buddy is spending 25,000 in just a few days on food because "he's a foreigner"?? some aunty cooks :) and pretty waitresses eh?

please read clearly what i wrote, i'm willing to give more than 20k is ok even 25k a month include their total household expenses.

i'm spending so much because i'm affordable and i have my own company that can support my spending, not all farang are rich and affordable. well i'm not rich like thaksin but i'm affordable to spend on what i like and afford to have it.

Food doesn't really cost that cheap for your info, eating at a restaurant can easily cost you 2k to 4k per dinner. drinking at any popular location like RCA or scratch dog (e.g 2 bottle of gold label, 30 bottles, 6bucket of ice and some tip will cost you $8k (normally we dont just go 1 club, after RCA close at 2am we will head down to scratch dog, another 1 bottle and all the drink will cost you $4k? as i say i club almost everyday. you will do your own calculation.) this is just a example, dont take it to heart. i'm not trying to act like a rich ass but there's alot of people spending this amount just like me

i did not take a instant dislike on thai girl or thai people but i must remind all of you, there's alot of liar and corrupted personnel here. we need to warn them before they step into the shit. i'm not sure whether both of you had been through this but i know it, partially because of my job. those girl tell me personnel how they deal with farang and their so-called bf.

not everyone are bad. but there's alot of bad example around in thailand and we must understand about this

and YES i'm going to setup a cafe in town and employ some pretty waitress and some good cooks which can be aunty. and reward them if they do their job well. <---what's wrong with that.

Edited by jsnho

Irrational really.

please read clearly what i wrote, i'm willing to give more than 20k is ok even 25k a month include their total household expenses.

i'm spending so much because i'm affordable and i have my own company that can support my spending, not all farang are rich and affordable. well i'm not rich like thaksin but i'm affordable to spend on what i like and afford to have it.

Food doesn't really cost that cheap for your info, eating at a restaurant can easily cost you 2k to 4k per dinner. drinking at any popular location like RCA or scratch dog (e.g 2 bottle of gold label, 30 bottles, 6bucket of ice and some tip will cost you $8k (normally we dont just go 1 club, after RCA close at 2am we will head down to scratch dog, another 1 bottle and all the drink will cost you $4k? as i say i club almost everyday. you will do your own calculation.) this is just a example, dont take it to heart. i'm not trying to act like a rich ass but there's alot of people spending this amount just like me

i did not take a instant dislike on thai girl or thai people but i must remind all of you, there's alot of liar and corrupted personnel here. we need to warn them before they step into the shit. i'm not sure whether both of you had been through this but i know it, partially because of my job. those girl tell me personnel how they deal with farang and their so-called bf.

not everyone are bad. but there's alot of bad example around in thailand and we must understand about this

and YES i'm going to setup a cafe in town and employ some pretty waitress and some good cooks which can be aunty. and reward them if they do their job well. <---what's wrong with that.

Bladdy hel_l, after reading your post, I have suddenly become quite cheesed off with my life, have begun suffering anxiety attacks and feeling like a complete loser.

4 grand on a meal! Wow. Was the food served served on real gold plates or were they just plated?

You say you are not rich like Thaksin, but are you sure you`re not related to him in some way?

I can’t afford the luxury of women these days. I’ve named my right hand, Linda and we sweet talk every night.

Anyway, I`m going to finish my egg sandwich and small can of 25 bahts worth of flat beer Leo, switch out all the lights, than off to bed in a hope of saving a few baht on the electric bill.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Bladdy hel_l, after reading your post, I have suddenly become quite cheesed off with my life, have begun suffering anxiety attacks and feeling like a complete loser.

4 grand on a meal! Wow. Was the food served served on real gold plates or were they just plated?

You say you are not rich like Thaksin, but are you sure you`re not related to him in some way?

I can't afford the luxury of women these days. I've named my right hand, Linda and we sweet talk every night.

Anyway, I`m going to finish my egg sandwich and small can of 25 bahts worth of flat beer Leo, switch out all the lights, than off to bed in a hope of saving a few baht on the electric bill.

4k a meal is wow? i think you should see how many grand those customer are spending a night at those gentlemen club. today i eat my dinner at kuang seafood (beside diamond ratchada), it cost me 2k and if you tell me it's expensive, i think the table beside me 3 of them spend more than me. (it's a open air restaurant, nothing special, lousy food. will not go back again.)

what I don't like is that she could take her kids with her , but she must pretend " I don't want to trouble you' ; I am well aware of the custom of having the kids with a grand mother or aunt, but in this case, given she does nothing all day.. if she doesn't care for her kids, she obviously doesn't for you.

Some day her mom will get sick, it'll be lots of 20 000s for you for sure.

I don't like the tantrums part ; she has bad temper so you hope she'll mellow if you give more . She aims at frightening you and preventing serious discussions .

She never worked 15 hours a day ;someone like this would like to have a business of her own - in a way, she has , you are her private ATM . she never made 30 000.

there's no way you could reason her ; she'll need more and more and become more and more aggressive. As longas you don't have a kid together, you can still escape of this situation; Be weary of her bad temper, which might get you into trouble (as in physically fighting and one getting hurt and the Thai lawyer calling you bad names).

just pack your current bed side book & whatever she doesn't consider as rightfully hers(forget the tv, the stereo, the computer) and leave asap, like tomorrow morning, you can leave a note like " there's a video of me on U tube with the reds Idon't want you in trouble " , change changwat , you can still escape living hel_l, but in your case it'll be a narrow escape.

singing 'don't think twice it's all right'

GOOD LUCK

Edited by souvenirdeparis

I can't afford the luxury of women these days. I've named my right hand, Linda and we sweet talk every night.

4k a meal is wow? i think you should see how many grand those customer are spending a night at those gentlemen club. today i eat my dinner at kuang seafood (beside diamond ratchada), it cost me 2k and if you tell me it's expensive, i think the table beside me 3 of them spend more than me. (it's a open air restaurant, nothing special, lousy food. will not go back again.)

Erm yes 4k in thailand is expensive for a meal you must be a fat bstard either that or you are drinking alot of wine

Why did she give up work? Say, sorry honey, why not get a part time job if you need more? The exchange rate is killing me, so I can't afford more right now. If she run, you have your answer.

Chraper solution rent a shop and start your own salon make her work.

Probably 200000 to open decorate and pay the rent for the first few months while it gets started.

Pros

1 She won't be bored.

2 She shouldn't have to ask you for money.

3 She would have money to buy you nice things.

Cons

1 She won't have to rely on you any more