White Rice Bloats Me

Wrong Turn

I hope this is in the right section. I think it is.

Across the street is a daily lunch deli that served white rice with meat and vegetables.

I started eating this plate of white rice every day, with fish sauce. I became very bloated. My face got "fatter" and my body as well. Feel normal, just massively bloated.

I was eating it 5 days per week. (I also drink beer almost every night)

When I stopped eating the rice the bloating went away.

Question:

Why does white rice bloat me so much?

Insulin spike? Sugar?

Do I have possibly have a blood sugar problem?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

is food moving thru you as normal? starches can be gut plugs. Wallpaper paste for example is a starch glue that was traditionally made from wheat.

maybe try drinking a lot of water with no food for a day or so and see if things move faster.

Yes, things are moving through me as usual,

and I drink at least 4 liters of water throughout the day.

That's not the issue, but thanks for the reply.

Have you tried brown rice? Much more healthy and even tastes better. Lot of fiber, minerals and vitamins. Might help you.

Yes, brown rice is much healthier.

But here in South East Asia, I was eating white rice everyday b/c that's what the restaurants served, and I don't want to spend the time to buy the brown rice and cook it at home.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I should only eat brown rice, and I'm sure it has a lower GI, in addition to being a lot more healthy.

But it's the white rice, that is/was bloating me up like a balloon.

Have you tried brown wallpaper paste?

LOL! :)

You also stated you drink every night,don't you think that this also has something to do with the bloating?

Before i used to drink beer the same and was always bloated and overweight.

Since not drinking beer everyday i lost all the weight and felt fitter,maybe you should concentrate on the drinking as well as the rice?

how do you know its white rice versus salt or msg or another ingredient? Have you tried eating the rice without the fish sauce? You know how they make fish sauce right?

bloating is often sodium water retention related. No sodium in rice that I know of.

Yeah, cobra I am pretty sure the massive amount of fish sauce I dump on it, is adding to the bloating.

But even without any fish sauce at all, I would get bloated on white rice.

I think the fish sauce just add to it by the water retention.

Have you tried brown wallpaper paste?

LOL! :)

You also stated you drink every night,don't you think that this also has something to do with the bloating?

Before i used to drink beer the same and was always bloated and overweight.

Since not drinking beer everyday i lost all the weight and felt fitter,maybe you should concentrate on the drinking as well as the rice?

Yes, beer add to my bloating but in the gut, IMO.

The rice seems different.

I have reduced beer intake and haven't had a beer for 2 days. When I go off of the beer, I melt away. I get "thinner" pretty quickly.

Fish sauce is pure salt, loaded with sodium.

Are you really eating plain white rice with no food to go with it????

As I would suspect the food more than the rice...loaded with MSG

Also, have you had a good physical check up recently? The fact that you recat klike this to sodium raises some question as to your cardiovascular health.

Fish sauce is pure salt, loaded with sodium.

Are you really eating plain white rice with no food to go with it????

As I would suspect the food more than the rice...loaded with MSG

Yes, Sheryl, I usually have a small portion of meat, tofu, and a spinach or cabbage portion on the same plate as the rice. This is a small, low-cost restaurant where they cook rice in a rice pot and put the portions of meat and vegetables on trays, and put the portions you point to on your plate.

Also, have you had a good physical check up recently? The fact that you recat klike this to sodium raises some question as to your cardiovascular health.

It's been a few years.

Is this a sign of a cardiovascular health problem?

Thanks, Sheryl.