Dtac Aircard In Pattaya/jomyien Area

SoiGirlHunter

Hi I am thinking of buying this laptop from TUKOM for about 10,000bt http://blog.laptopmag.com/acer-aspire-one-an-in-depth-look

and using a DTAC aircard for internet.

Anyone using one in the Pattaya area and how is the speed and reliabilty. I wont be downloading and wont need alot of speed but i need UPTIME 24/7

for my work.

I use hutch cdma now, how would it compare?

Thanks for any help!

SGH

I am using AIS air card right now, it's reliable not fast and the price is good.

If you use it for web and e-mails it will be good but you can't use it for live usage like Skype, you can text chatting with a delay but thing like Skype will disconnect all the time. Downloading is not fast but reliable.

For the cost, 2500 baht for the USB modem (Phuket price) + the cost of a SIM card (99 baht for AIS) and 350 baht for 100 hours of internet. They have a deal at AIS 1000 baht a month unlimited access.

The guy who sold me the card did not talk about Hutch but he said it was working the same with DTAC and AIS the only difference was the coverage of AIS was better around Thailand.

I used it in Udon Thani, Phuket and Krabi, it's working good everywhere you have AIS signal. I tried it on the boat between Phuket and Krabi and it was working great since I had AIS signal.

I forgot to say that you can send and receive SMS on the computer with the air card.

Edited by NamKAheng

The cards that work with DTAC and AIS are GPRS and/or EDGE, so will have a max speed of about 130 kb/s. Reliability should be the same as that for the normal cellphone usage. The CAT/Hutch cards work on CDMA data network and are far, far faster. Don't know the speeds in BKK but in Phuket those are around 800 kb/s and good reliability.

The cards that work with DTAC and AIS are GPRS and/or EDGE, so will have a max speed of about 130 kb/s. Reliability should be the same as that for the normal cellphone usage. The CAT/Hutch cards work on CDMA data network and are far, far faster. Don't know the speeds in BKK but in Phuket those are around 800 kb/s and good reliability.

That is wrong. That is the max speed you can expect from a TRUE EDGE connection. DTAC's product is a bit better at 200kb/s+. AIS I don't know.

If you use Hutch I would stay with them. I had them all, AIS, True and Dtac. Dtac is the best of the 3 but still slow. Dtac you can compare with the CDMA Speed of Hutch, the Rest you can forget, at least in Jomtien where I am. Hutch EVDO however is much faster. Thats what I am using at the moment, very happy with it. I would stick with them.