Creative Person Needed.

I hope this does not break forum rules in any way:

I have a slight problem with my business in Thailand.... I am not there :)

I have a solid little company which has been trading for 13 years and will support a couple of work permits, currently it is trading as a tattoo studio in Pattaya and has been doing so for the past three years building a good reputation and attracting many regular customers. The web site for example attracts circa 15k unique hits a month with 80k page views. Obviously it has been hit by the credit crunch, strength of the baht, airport closure and now the red shirt thing. But it has survived all of this and continues to tick over.

I have been offered a position over seas and it is the kind of job I could not refuse so I have taken it. My Thai staff continue to run the show in Pattaya and day to day they do a good job.

BUT:

Our lease is due for renewal, landlords are being very Thai and the logical move is to relocate the business (we were never in a great location from day one) closer to the center of town or to a more interesting building. This is has caused the wheels to come off! My Thai staff dont get it! I cannot drop everything and head back to explain what needs to be done and or direct.

SO:

I thought I might throw this one out there or rather here. Anyone looking for an interest to keep the boredom at bay in the sunshine? Anyone know of a good resource for commercial properties? Anyone creative with some marketing experience fancy giving me a hand?

As stated the company can support a work permit and it does need a "hands on farang" so I am open to suggestions and the usual comments from the keyboard faithful :D

Answers on a PM most welcome.

ok, comedy reply.

gay-premiers.jpg

It says:

Rightarm

Gay Premiers 2007

Your shop's work? :)

good effort :D but no not ours, we actually try to avoid giving customers an infection and or spelling mistake..... that said we did have one bright spark who used all of the aftercare product in one application, then thought his tattoo was infected so poured neat bleach over it, which was painful by all accounts, so he reached for something to soothe it and poured a whole bottle of iodine over it..... :D only in Pattaya.

No comedy comments? :)

hello mate, im A.D. from oz.

i have a tattoo shop in pattaya as well.

i hear you with the issues of the world right now but 4 some reason tattoo shops will

continue to remain. guess it goes with the ground of what this place is about.

ive been here around 12 months now but understand how it all works and can

maybe offer my services.

now more than ever its about location!

i could scout around and source some places for you.

as far as marketing i know all the main media types to promote and a bonus is a friend of mine

works for the company that owns the big lcd at the start of walking st.

he's prepared to do a trade for advertising: 1 month, 15 times a day, 15 second clip for a couple

of tattoos equal to around 12000B, cool hey?

if your interested in chatting more give us a buzz on 0800141722 or email me at [email protected]

A

No comedy comments? :)

i hear you with the issues of the world right now but 4 some reason tattoo shops will

maybe offer my services.

as far as marketing i know all the main media types to promote and a bonus is a friend of mine

he's prepared to do a trade for advertising: 1 month, 15 times a day, 15 second clip for a couple

if your interested in chatting more give us a buzz on 0800141722 or email me at [email protected]

A

Thanks for the response A.D. yes it is true an established studio will be around for many years, we are quite lucky in that we have built something of a brand and that our website is a great success, so location is not so important for us, the type of premises is, I want to do something very different with the studio to what is already out there. 3 years ago when we started, we were the only studio that offered a western look and feel, either we have been dare I say copied or everyone has got on the same tip, I want to now raise the bar slightly with something a bit more interesting.

I will be spending less and less time in Thailand this year as my own career has taken off in a way I never expected, I dont want to go into detail just yet but what I am doing in the UK will be an excellent marketing add on to the Thai Studio.

I have considered walking away from the Thai studio because of my new direction but after 3 years of hard work and a collection of very decent loyal customers I feel that would be something of a crime, plus I have 3 very hardworking staff who have put in just as much effort as I have.

I have received a good response to this post via pm also. I have a couple of very busy days ahead of me but I promise to respond to everyone with more details by the end of the weekend, so if everyone would bare with me you will each have a personal response very soon.

Just to add something which is relevant: Going forward I wont be taking anything from the Thai studio by way of monies, so long as the bills are paid the staff are paid and the co is kept in good order I am cool. This business has kept me fed and watered in Thailand for three years (not always been as easy as it sounds!) so it is a real opportunity for someone and you get out what you put in.... so the more you put in the more you get out.

Thanks

Guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly what your looking for but maybe a small business idea for you guys

The other day I noticed a famous European brand of tattoo t-shirts (Liquorbrand) , now produced and sold in Bangkok (not copied !!)

probably would be interesting for you guys to sell it in your studios.They´re in the Baiyoke tower 4th floor (switchblade shop) I think they wholesale for 170 baht.

maybe offer my services.

A

Thanks for the response A.D. yes it is true an established studio will be around for many years, we are quite lucky in that we have built something of a brand and that our website is a great success, so location is not so important for us, the type of premises is, I want to do something very different with the studio to what is already out there. 3 years ago when we started, we were the only studio that offered a western look and feel, either we have been dare I say copied or everyone has got on the same tip, I want to now raise the bar slightly with something a bit more interesting.

I will be spending less and less time in Thailand this year as my own career has taken off in a way I never expected, I dont want to go into detail just yet but what I am doing in the UK will be an excellent marketing add on to the Thai Studio.

I have considered walking away from the Thai studio because of my new direction but after 3 years of hard work and a collection of very decent loyal customers I feel that would be something of a crime, plus I have 3 very hardworking staff who have put in just as much effort as I have.

I have received a good response to this post via pm also. I have a couple of very busy days ahead of me but I promise to respond to everyone with more details by the end of the weekend, so if everyone would bare with me you will each have a personal response very soon.

Just to add something which is relevant: Going forward I wont be taking anything from the Thai studio by way of monies, so long as the bills are paid the staff are paid and the co is kept in good order I am cool. This business has kept me fed and watered in Thailand for three years (not always been as easy as it sounds!) so it is a real opportunity for someone and you get out what you put in.... so the more you put in the more you get out.

Thanks

Guys.

Hi mate,

A.D. again.

just to let you know im thinking about selling up my shop or more so the lease which may help you with your relocation.

i to am planning on taking a job back home for a while to cash up.

location is on 2nd road/corner of soi 10 across from malibu bar, between mike shopping and central festival.

its a big shop in a great location and if you've already built the following then thats a bonus.

if your interested in knowing more details email me at adam2ex @ hotmail and ill fill you in on lease details etc...

also my partner here can be of assistance with the running of shop...

I think this could be good for both of us mate.