Possible Assassination Attempt On PM Abhisit?

webfact

What! why is the title assassination attempt?

A very good question!

Why is ThaiVisa making it sound like there was an actual attempt made on his life when it appears all that took place was a rumor?

"Riddles, riddles, riddles" - Rhys Ifans in Formula 51

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is bunk at all. Taksin seems very desperate at this point. His followers are using pathetic techniques here, and I don't believe a man educated in the west is going to fall for or be intimidated by some witchcraft BS. I think the blood should be considered a bio hazard, i would find it hard to believe there is no law about body parts not being dealt with properly, or even used as a weapon. I think legal action should be taken and embarrassment to the country needs to end. The assassination plot is more than likely real and probably has been in the planning stage for two years now. I say end it, send a message, sanctions against any country that harbors this fugitive trash, and charge him with treason and prosecute to the full extent of the law and be done with it. enough is enough, just do it by the books, it certainly can be done. :)

The reds are always associated with Thaksin maybe it is time to read the latest article of Giles Ungpakorn, another man screwed out of his job for speaking out.

Where can I find that article mythBuster ?

I will be kicked out if I tell you where. Google for yourself.

Update:

Intelligence warns of assassination attempts against PM

BANGKOK: –- Intelligence reports have warned of possible attempts to assassinate the prime minister.

Ohhh Intelligence reports :D ..... this is like United States of America all over again, "Sadam has weapons of mass destruction".

:)

he did bro! and the 4th largest military. make your words sweet in case you have to eat them. why not keep it on topic too?

Joke of the century, but its not funny. I am on topic, Im referring to how 'stupid' some of these suggestions of 'intel reports' can be.

The reds are always associated with Thaksin maybe it is time to read the latest article of Giles Ungpakorn, another man screwed out of his job for speaking out.

Where can I find that article mythBuster ?

I will be kicked out if I tell you where. Google for yourself.

Probaby New Mandala, huh?

IMHO, it must be the RED; because the YELLOW are the good guys.

Welcome to Thailand! How long have you been here? Since yesterday?

Ohh dear, your back, thought your holiday might of been a bit longer than that. :)

I was going to go on holiday, you're right. But then Thaksin offered me 2000 Baht to drive my pickup truck full of farmers who shouldn't even be allowed to vote to the nearest internet shop and ..well, here I am :D

Well there has been nothing reported on the Thai news channels about this and I am pretty sure there would have been if there was any credibility to the story.

Anyway the wife is watching Thai soaps now, so that's how important the Red shirt march is to her and I guess the majority of the Thai population.

Cheers, Rick

JD - Nah I think its more a figment of a paranoid regime. An assassination is the last thing the reds want because it would be a death nail for their cause.

Hi BritM... can I ask where in the UK do you hail from... I`m having a bet with my wife and her friends...

Oxford :D

You post more like Basewater. :)

Thaksin Shinawatra is a convicted Thief, he stole from the very people who are stupid enough to

ware the RED SHIRT for him. He bribed them with cash to vote for him to become Prime Minster.

Who do you think is paying for the RED SHIRTS and for these simple people to demonstrate.

Thaksin Shinawatra wants a pardon, get his confiscated money back. The man is a conviced

villan and has shown that he will stop at nothing to stir up trouble in THanland. Its the RED SHIRTS that

will be the only losers. Thaksin Shinawatra does not care about the people just himself. So who is calling who HITLER?

JD - Nah I think its more a figment of a paranoid regime. An assassination is the last thing the reds want because it would be a death nail for their cause.

Hi BritM... can I ask where in the UK do you hail from... I`m having a bet with my wife and her friends...

Oxford :D

You post more like Basewater. :)

:D :D

Pun intended I hope.

Update:

Intelligence warns of assassination attempts against PM

BANGKOK: –- Intelligence reports have warned of possible attempts to assassinate the prime minister.

Minister to the Prime Minister's Office Satit Wonghnongtaey stated that the warning has been unveiled for some time. Hence the prime minister has temporarily moved from his residence in downtown to a safe house in the 11th Infantry Regiment on the outskirts of Bangkok.

Speaking of this morning's blood-splatter incident at the PM's house, Mr Satit said the premier himself was not happy but did not consider filing a lawsuit against the offenders. He said that such action is not a peaceful means and may lead to violence.

The minister reckoned that the demonstrators are moving aimlessly while groups of extremists are also stepping up their roles. He believed however that the public will not accept radical movement.

Mr Satit admitted that negotiating with the core leaders of the UDD has become more difficult as they have started to be in conflict with each other.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-03-17

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

We need more details and specifics in support of this statement by the PM's office to have a more clear idea, but the fact that the PM Abhisit himself was relocated, to within the safety of a heavily fortified army post away from the center of most Redshirt actions and activities can lend support to the statement. Also, during previous Redshirt actions the PM hadn't retreated to a 'safe house' and while openly staying in a government military reservation is hardly the standard meaning of a safe house, we get the point that the PM of the country is under protection that is immediately present and large scale.

Yes the government knew the PM's house would be splattered with real blood, which could be reason enuff for him to stay elsewhere during the public actions of the Reds; it also places the PM continually at the headquarters of the government's response to the mass actions in the capital.

It's real that the life of PM Abhisit previously had been seriously and realistically threatened during a public radio broadcast in Chiang Mai and that the PM accepted security advice to cancel the planned visit, that the PM consequently wore armoured body protection for a period of time afterward. Given there's already been a realistic public call to assassinate the PM in Chiang Mai and anyone in the room/building with him, the present report from the PM's office is not so lightly to be dismissed. Other leathal threats made against PM Abhisit already have been referenced at this thread.

Historiography and social science reliably tells us that time, place and circumstance has everything to do with any anlysis of a significant situation/developmet/occurrance. This reality has everything to do with the expectation and deductions made by such personnel as those in the government who are in charge of the safety and life of leaders of government. As previously during Redshirt behaviours, this well tested accurate formula does apply concerning the present time, place and circumstance.

We do need more information. It is true however, and it is a tactic security forces use, to reveal their knowledge of real threats against the leader of a government in order to spook anyone who might be suspected of planning or believed to be involved in such a repugnant action. Doing so can be preventative against any plotters and also can alert the public to actually recognize something they'd casually noticed or even suspiciously noticed but allowed to pass from their attention and cause the public to assist security forces - always a major source to the authorities anywhere in identifying culprits and in making arrests.

Thaksin vainly and desperately trying to reduce and falsely morph Abhisit into a Hitler is a radical escalation of his rhetoric, which also raises the temperature among the people and especially within the PM's always sensitive security units, who often can't be blamed for their legitimate actions to prevent the worst.

I'll agree with this too.

More info needed, but the game as changed, and not for the better necessarily.

The Thaksin desperation is palatable and toxic for others to be around.

would they be the same people, who tried to "assassinate" him a year ago, around songkran, in an empty car?

or those who missed sondhi with 180 bullets?

all looks like a cheap set up to make martyrs from themselves and to boost own popularity

"The minister also said the society will not support the claim by fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra that the red-shirt protest is a class struggle."

ups minister, don't mention a class struggle - when it really starts, you won't be able to stop it. A large part military and police will be against you, defending their own class interestes, which contradict yours and the rulling elite

I fully agree with your sentiments - these 'people' are experts at discrediting others.

So there are unconfirmed threats upon the life of the prime minister, no known actual attempts on his life.

And ThaiVisa ran with it before they knew the facts, sending SMS and e-mail alerts to all their subscribers. :)

This is not the first instance of this happening.

would they be the same people, who tried to "assassinate" him a year ago, around songkran, in an empty car?

or those who missed sondhi with 180 bullets?

all looks like a cheap set up to make martyrs from themselves and to boost own popularity

"The minister also said the society will not support the claim by fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra that the red-shirt protest is a class struggle."

ups minister, don't mention a class struggle - when it really starts, you won't be able to stop it. A large part military and police will be against you, defending their own class interestes, which contradict yours and the rulling elite

change your login name to "brainwashedredshirt"

So there are unconfirmed threats upon the life of the prime minister, no known actual attempts on his life.

And ThaiVisa ran with it before they knew the facts, sending SMS and e-mail alerts to all their subscribers. :D

This is not the first instance of this happening.

Unsubscribe & stop whinging about it...geeze :)

Edited by neverdie

haha its called a double entendre - your english ?
Class struggle?

Have to say that both sides' tactics are showing absolutely no class in this conflict at all.

all very tawdry.

the minister was talking about the Class Strugle, as two different, opposing classess in the society (the rulling class and the working class), do fight each other.

it's not about "class" as a synonym of "quality".

words have many different meanings

And you are obviously "American" from somewhere south of Canada and north of Mexico - specified so as not to insult the remainder of those two continents, nor the residents therein who do know how to use English correctly.

your = possessive pronoun - as in the property of the person causing "you" to be the first three letters of that pronoun.

you're = the abbreviated form of a personal pronoun and the present tense of the verb "to be".

I suggest you learn to use them correctly whenever to attempt to write humour or sarcasm, otherwise your intent is destroyed or lost due to poor grammar.

haha its called a double entendre - your english ?
Class struggle?

Have to say that both sides' tactics are showing absolutely no class in this conflict at all.

all very tawdry.

the minister was talking about the Class Strugle, as two different, opposing classess in the society (the rulling class and the working class), do fight each other.

it's not about "class" as a synonym of "quality".

words have many different meanings

And you are obviously "American" from somewhere south of Canada and north of Mexico - specified so as not to insult the remainder of those two continents, nor the residents therein who do know how to use English correctly.

your = possessive pronoun - as in the property of the person causing "you" to be the first three letters of that pronoun.

you're = the abbreviated form of a personal pronoun and the present tense of the verb "to be".

I suggest you learn to use them correctly whenever to attempt to write humour or sarcasm, otherwise your intent is destroyed or lost due to poor grammar.

Bloody English Lessons Now

Later

:)

Now the desperately silly propaganda comes out try to whip an already dead horse into action. "Hitler"? get serious.

Assassination attempt plan?- of course. Someone surprised here? Alysman talking smack about wanting to bloody Abhisit's mouth/head... whatever. Red meat meant to whip up the impressionable, as per typical.

Peace for Thai people.