Free Trade Area/ Tax Incentives For It Companies

Being cynical (realistic?), I expect those in the know are laughing their socks off at the thought of Thailand actually encouraging new start-up IT ventures :D

For the past 6 months or so, I have been developing an IT service that is based outside of Thailand, with no customers in Thailand. This venture has reached the stage where I wish to open a Thai office, with Thai software staff. My customers and marketing staff will continue to be outside of Thailand, but I need the Thai office to 'formalise' my own position as CEO, and to take advantage of the relatively low staff/infrastructure costs in Thailand.

In any case, this is my home, so I'm not in a position to relocate outside of Thailand.

However, I am very flexible about the office location in Thailand. Hence my question about any incentives for IT start-up ventures in Thailand. This is a small venture, so does not qualify for BOI incentives.

I recall reading that Phuket has an IT startup center?

There is little point in me opening my Thai office in a province away my current home unless there are specific advantages, such as a free trade zone. tax breaks, high speed/reliable internet access ( :) ) etc. Otherwise, I might as well stay where I am and base my business near to my home.

Any advice gratefully received.

Simon