Online Grocery (beer) Delivery

Wolfie

I am looking for an online based grocery service to deliver to my place in Bangkok.

Primarily its for a beer order (3 cases) but if the service is reliable and not overly expensive i would use it in the future for other grocery shopping.

Does anyone know of a website that can allow me to order, pay online and arrange delivery?

I looked at places like FoodByPhone and ChefsXP - but the prices are coming out several hundred baht (per case) more than the typical super market prices due to the fact you have to order by the bottle and the prices are (slightly) marked up anyway - so its not cost effective to order from them. I know places like Villa/Tops will arrange delivery if i go to the store and buy the goods there - but what i am looking for is a total online solution.

Does it exist in Bangkok? Anyone know anywhere?

We have now lived in 3 different places in Bangkok and in every neighbourhood there was at least one shop which delivered drinks (beer, coke, soda) to our house within 20 minutes from phoning them. Prices same or sometimes even lower than e.g. Carrefour. Not sure how to find them but our maid never had a problem to get the phone nos. Ask your neighbours or building management.

The Villa website has an 'Online Shop' option.

it isnt a grocery service, but delivers beer and smokes along with food which is perfect for those hungover days you cant cope with a trip to Lotus.

www dot chefsxp dot com

They got a bit annoyed when i got 2 bottles of wine delivered home, but ive had no probs getting 12 beers, 20 marlboro and a curry.

Thanks for the Replies, i looked at ChefsXP (and food by phone) - but im not prepared to pay 1,000b for a case of beer (24 cans/bottles) when i know the supermarket price is approx 800b a case (or less)

I checked the Villa online store, seems they only have the specialty imported beers on the site and not your standard Heiny etc :)

There is a Villa Market not too far from my place, i know i can just go there, buy what i want and ask them to deliver... which is my 'Plan B' - i was just hoping there was an online ordering system for this.

Light beer - oops I mean Wolfie, just give your local Motorbike taxi guy 100 baht to go pick up the beer mate.

Exactly. There has to be the typical little shop full 'o alcohol, smokes and snacks ( and hardware items ) run by a Burmese on your soi...

Get the phone number and call, I'm sure they will deliver almost anything your heart desires..I said almost.

Even out here in the middle of nowwhere I can pick up the phone and presto, within a period of 10 minutes the guy with the load bearing motorcycle ( 4 wheeler ) is in front of my door with my scoobie snacks, beer, coke/pepsi,ice, gas, som tom, etc.

Light beer - oops I mean Wolfie, just give your local Motorbike taxi guy 100 baht to go pick up the beer mate.

Exactly. There has to be the typical little shop full 'o alcohol, smokes and snacks ( and hardware items ) run by a Burmese on your soi...

Get the phone number and call, I'm sure they will deliver almost anything your heart desires..I said almost.

Even out here in the middle of nowwhere I can pick up the phone and presto, within a period of 10 minutes the guy with the load bearing motorcycle ( 4 wheeler ) is in front of my door with my scoobie snacks, beer, coke/pepsi,ice, gas, som tom, etc.

Yeah not a worry, i just used Villa delivery service in the end :) I dont have a 'Mom n Pop' store on my soi, just a 7/11 - no biggie :D

• 2 weeks later...