Who Were The White Shirts At The Bts Stations Today?

motoyen

I was at Phrom Phrong today and saw a line of white shirted Thais all standing in a row along the platform. Does anyone know why they were there? Was it to do with the red protests or was it some type of marketing campaign?

This group is made up or ordinary Thai people that are sick of all the protests and want to see one united happy peaceful Thailand

Sure?

No kidding?

I was just about to suggest they probably were a group of workers.

Most of the Management companies here which hire out work force (regular labour from construction sites, etc) equip their workers with the same shirt (sometimes white, sometimes green, etc).

They are ordinary Thais fed up with all the demonstrations and wish for a peaceful end to the current problems. That is what my Thai language teacher told me. If you see more Thais wearing white that is the reason. On some occasions I have seen the Thai soldiers, at the BTS stations, wearing small white ribbons, also with ribbons of the Thai flag and orange ribbons, red and yellow mixed together make orange.

Well the Red Shirts protesting in Bangkok now. They started off as White Shirts . But when a old lady ( Taskin's old girl ) in Khon Kean washed the shirts after one of the protests she she put a red shirt in with the White Shirts so the White shirts where dyed to Red. Up on getting there shirts back the Leaders of the Red Shirts thought the colour looked better and they could save a bit more on washing them... Thats how the red shirts where born ! So the White shirt protesters you seen they are the hardcore ones left over :) Well that is how the story goes anyway.

Edited by dave30

At 4:00 pm Sunday, there was a large gathering of white shirts at On-Nut BTS Station. Perhaps 80 "protesters", with large banners, Thai flgs, and white shirts that read:

มีสติ รัก สันติ

ความพัฒนาประเทศใทยของเรา

mee sadthi rak sandthi

khwam pattana preteht thai khong rao

which translates to something like "reflect on your love of peacefulness - to develop a feeling that Thailand belongs to all of us"

The crowd seemed to me to be families - and there were news cameras rolling.

I'm not sure who is bankrolling this group, but they seem to have no particular grudge.

"We have no dog in this fight - but we'd like to see the fight end"

• 2 weeks later...

The nanny(very old woman) in my house, mentioned something about joining the white group, actually she has joined them last week.

She said, the government will give her 150k debt payable after 10 years. She is expected to attend these gatherings on a daily bases, and wait from morning to night to get her papers approved by Ahbisit himself! for undefined period of time.

Is that true? or is she being owned?

btw, she showed me a white shirt with Thai script on it too.

The nanny(very old woman) in my house, mentioned something about joining the white group, actually she has joined them last week.

She said, the government will give her 150k debt payable after 10 years. She is expected to attend these gatherings on a daily bases, and wait from morning to night to get her papers approved by Ahbisit himself! for undefined period of time.

Is that true? or is she being owned?

btw, she showed me a white shirt with Thai script on it too.

Where do you sign up for this> will send the Mrs. :)