True Visions Adding Hd Channels?

anothertorres

According to a letter I received in the mail this weekend, the introduction of the Korean channel tvN is at the expense of NatGeo Adventure, which goes away Thursday.

Also, I guess it was far too complicated for them to position TrueSport 6 at Channel 106, directly after TrueSport 1 through 5.

My letter says TS6 will be a "24 hour quality football and world class sport telecast channel".

Dare we dream of rugby and cricket?

UBC/True obviously don't give a Flying F.... about what their customers wants ... hence why the "gray" alternatives are so popular here!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, there's already too much soccer on TV, soccer is over-rated & over-hyped. Also the filler they put on True Sport, Supa Strikas, what a waste of time.

I would like to see rugby on TV.

Edited by metisdead

Another soccer channel? Unbelievable.

Thais don't understand business. They figure that if they can get things on the cheap, they improve their margins.

But they have ZERO regard for the customer. These four new channels are a joke...they got them cheap and just want to tell us that they added four new channels (that aren't worth anything to any of us).

Another soccer channel? Unbelievable.

Thais don't understand business. They figure that if they can get things on the cheap, they improve their margins.

But they have ZERO regard for the customer. These four new channels are a joke...they got them cheap and just want to tell us that they added four new channels (that aren't worth anything to any of us).

Not trying to argue with you or anything..... but isn't buying something cheap and selling it expensive just exactly that.. business?!

How they treat their customers is just a whole other issue... and in this case, they just don't care about their customers. But... drum roll...... the customers are HAPPY about it and willing to pay these ridiculous prices, being treated like crap, and put up with the mickey-mouse operation.

I'm with you... that they don't know crap... unfortunately... the customers are willing to put up with the crap.

I'd be curious to have some idea of their ratio for Thai vs. farang customers for their pay packages..excluding Freeview...

From a Thai perspective, the Thai film channel is long overdue and obvious. I think many of us who live here might even sample that from time to time...

And I gather the Korean music and soaps can be pretty popular with the younger Thai women.... Can you say "4 Minute"???

Soccer??? Is the avg Thai guy clamoring for more`soccer on TV?

And the reality channel... Well, that's just CHEAP...

This coming from the same folks who bring you the 24 hour watch the pandas channel and the similar watch the AF contestants channel.

All I can say is, glad True's boxes allow the customer to erase unwanted channels and/or at least exclude them from a favorites list. I have more excluded than selected, I think...

Haven't heard a thing. I thank they are dreaming but could be wrong.

there is info about it on the new April issue of "PREMIERE" the True Visions t.v. guide monthly magazine. it's their front cover story, almost all in Thai language. but i think it looks like you need a special HD receiver, plasma or HD 1080 type t.v., and their "hd package". lots of info on it, in Thai, page 6 and 7. i got my magazine in the mail today.

there is info about it on the new April issue of "PREMIERE" the True Visions t.v. guide monthly magazine. it's their front cover story, almost all in Thai language. but i think it looks like you need a special HD receiver, plasma or HD 1080 type t.v., and their "hd package". lots of info on it, in Thai, page 6 and 7. i got my magazine in the mail today.

I stand corrected, I guess True is actually going HD, albeit limited channels. I too saw the April issue of "PREMIERE"... if not mistaken, they will start with HBO HD and some sports channel.

Got my April TrueVisions TV guide this morning. They announced launch of HD channels.

Don't know when it will start, but looks like you'll need to get a TrueVisions HD Receiver and then the HD package as well.

Saw a 12 April date in ad. Called True(0-2725-2525) & unable to find out how many channels, how much and where is list of programs offered. Tried to get me to press 9 for English, then put in mobile phone number followed by something to get a calll back.

I stand corrected, I guess True is actually going HD, albeit limited channels. I too saw the April issue of "PREMIERE"... if not mistaken, they will start with HBO HD and some sports channel.

Which channels will be allocated? Where is Program Schedule? What date will service be offered? How much is upgrade? Other than BKK phone number, where can I find English answers? I live in Phuket and they have been stringing fiber optic cable around island. For internet or TV?

I went to True Visions office in Phuket two days ago, asking about when I could get the HD receiver, HD package and what the prize of it all was!

They told me to call directly to customer service, because the had no idea about the prize and when I could get the package... But they had a HD receiver in the office connected to a TV showing True Sport HD and HBO HD, so the signals are already out there. I asked gently if I could get the receiver they had in the office until I got mine.... but no :)

Called True Customer service yesterday.

According to customer service, if you are Platinum customer (as me), add 190 THB to your monthly bill for 2 HD channels. Gold customer have to add 390 THB to their monthly bill.

For the receiver, I dont remember, but deposit was about between 3-5000 THB, and you borrow the receiver...

I signed up for it, and they were going to call me when they could come and install it. Maybe around 15 April....

If they just could give me the box, I could fit it in myself, but no, somebody had to come with the box and install it.

Anyway, thats all the info I have gathered the last couple of days in this matter.

Regards,

Baker

190, 290 or 390 baht per month.... Think you guys you could your pricing details straight???

Called True Customer service yesterday.

According to customer service, if you are Platinum customer (as me), add 190 THB to your monthly bill for 2 HD channels. Gold customer have to add 390 THB to their monthly bill.

For the receiver, I dont remember, but deposit was about between 3-5000 THB, and you borrow the receiver...

According to a letter I received in the mail this weekend, the introduction of the Korean channel tvN is at the expense of NatGeo Adventure, which goes away Thursday.

Also, I guess it was far too complicated for them to position TrueSport 6 at Channel 106, directly after TrueSport 1 through 5.

My letter says TS6 will be a "24 hour quality football and world class sport telecast channel".

Dare we dream of rugby and cricket?

UBC/True obviously don't give a Flying F.... about what their customers wants ... hence why the "gray" alternatives are so popular here!

Do those gray alternatives offer HD channels?

As for True, the colorful icons on their HD info page seem to indicate Premier League and World Cup 2010 in HD. I'll wait and see. Sorry for the non-soccer fans but football is the only thing I ever watch on TV. News, movies, and series I all get from the internet. The only thing that doesn't really work online is live streaming, hard to get decent quality, and forget about HD.

Adding 390 to the Gold package would be a rip off; not entirely unexpected from True.

Edited by nikster

Chill out everyone. I'm supposed to get the receiver by this afternoon. Once I get detail and pricing info's I'll post back.

In terms of pricings... I can't seem to find it on True's website... so I'm guessing they are still in the "rollout" phase and testing if it "works" before actually charging anyone for it, or even making it available.

Based on their advertising from their website, this HD will only be initially available on DSTV systems. Quote: "The service for digital cable system will be available soon after."

So... I'm guessing that a group of people won't be too happy that they are not getting HD availability and will be making some sort of ruckus at their Pantip forums....

Like I said.. hopefully I'll get my receive this afternoon.... and will post back.

Just contacted them and it seems like there has been changes to their packages AGAIN (that is what the lady at the other end of the line told me).

OK so here's the deal:

- The HD receiver warranty is 2000 baht, discount from 3,900 baht but since we all have paid that 2000 baht when we first got TrueVisions, then that 2000 baht is waived, therefore the HD receiver is completely free.

- The additional monthly fee for Gold package customers is 490 baht, 290 baht for Platinum BUT for the first two months, the two channels are completely free and according to the latest announcement the monthly fee has been reduced to 390 baht for Gold and 190 baht for Platinum customers.

- Minimum subscription time for HD package is 6 months. You cannot cancel your package during that 6 months period. (I hate this. It reminds me of stupid UK/Australian telcos)

- The new HD receiver doesn't have a smartcard but instead a system that is completely built-in to the system. Therefore if you do have TrueVisions installed in your cars, do not change to this machine yet.

- If you decided to stop the HD service, there is still no information regarding the receiver whether you will have to go back to the old receiver or not. TrueVisions still has no policy to accommodate this issue.

- In the future there is no clue about additional HD channels or whether it will be A-La-Carte package or change in pricing. There is still no policy regarding this.

- There is a slight lag in HD channels in terms of delay. That means you might hear your neighbour cheer for your favourite soccer team 2 seconds before you see what's happened on your screen.

- The first lot of the HD receiver is reserved only for current Gold and Platinum customers only.

Hope this answer some of your questions.

Can't imagine myself paying 2000 baht to watch one HD sports channel. Gold was already a rip-off at 1500 baht.

I guess I'll do some extensive research in the local pub first... :)

@infernalman7 - thanks for the info!

I'm somewhat satisfied with True's programming, considering I'm in a foreign country.

What I'm not satisfied with is the quality of its signal. Forget about HD...just give me a normal quality signal.

I totally agree, my signal strength usually runs about 16%, I'm on cable, so I wouldn't really hold up much hope of getting a decent HD signal.

Thanks a lot for the information. :)

Just one stupid question, if anyone don't mind answering, will the new HD receiver work with non-HD TV? Because I haven't had LCD/Plasma yet.

Probably not. What would be the point anyway?

Depends, I have seen HD receivers with S-Video and Composite out which is just "standard" video signals.

In some countries (US), receivers need to support the older video signals when the broadcasters went HD. Most consumers argue why they had to spend more money to watch free TV, and who will pay for it. So, when broadcasters went HD, they also had to make sure their receivers/converter can support older TV signals.

Bottom line... Need to see the actual equipment to see if it supports it.