Bangkok Red-Shirt Rally - Live Updates - Saturday

webfact

Thai government and Red Shirts to meet: senator

BANGKOK (AFP) -- A Thai government minister is to meet a representative of the "Red Shirt" protesters holding mass anti-government rallies in Bangkok, a senator said Saturday.

Satit Wonghnongtaey, the minister attached to the prime minister's office, and Weng Tojirakarn, considered a second-tier leader of the protest movement, will meet at midday on Monday, Senator Lertrat Ratanavanich told AFP.

"Satit and Weng Tojirakarn from the Red Shirt protesters agreed to meet on Monday noon," he said, declining to disclose the venue.

"The first meeting will be to set up a framework of talks," he said.

afplogo.jpg

-- ©Copyright AFP 2010-03-20

Published with written approval from AFP.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THE NATION: Chavalit went on red stage to huge roar. "I have 78 years for this day", he said. Is Chavalit the new red "leader" they were talkin about?

"I've never seen this kind of discipline. Our mission is accomplished," Chavalit said. He also thanked bangkokians 4 coping well w/protests

THE NATION: Chavalit praised the protesters for keeping the rally non-violent so far. "Veera, u r great," Chaavlit said.

TAN Network: PM: If red shirt protesters besiege government property, authorities will be forced to take action

TAN Network: PM will wait for DPM Suthep before making a decision on whether or not to extend use of ISA

TAN Network: Region 4 Army reveals that officials have reclaimed all weapons stole from Pattalung arsenal; soldiers, southern insurgents involved

THE NATION: From our newsroom (i wasn't there): the city-wide parade ending w/out incident, but traffic chaos gave hints what it;d be like on week days

TAN Network: PM will send Minister Sathit and Sec-Gen Korbsak to negotiate with red shirt leaders on Monday; to decide on ISA in 2-3 days