I Just Got A Nokia N900- Who Has The Best Mobile Internet Package

Visavis

I just got a Nokia N900; to get the most out of it I need some kind of mobile internet package. I'm currently 'pay as you go' with DTAC, but am prepared to change network for a decent offer even though this will mean losing my phone # that I have had for over 4 years.

The phone has skype, amongst many other apps, and I want to be able to use all of its features when I'm out and about and outside of any wifi coverage.

Ideally I'd sign up for 3G, but I just checked the weather forecast and there's no sign of hel_l freezing over so I won't hold my breath for Thailand to get it's 3G act together.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Also any passwords for local wifi would not go amiss:)

I am using Hutch. It is clearly not 3G but much faster then normal mobile internet (almost 1Mb).

Skype works perfect on it.

It is somewhat limited in coverage but works fine in most of Chonburi.

I paid THB 16,000.- + a little bit for a year. (24 hour)

That incudes a little modem thingy that you don't need.

I think Hutch is out of question for you, dont think your Nokia will work with Hutch. However I would stay with Dtac at the moment and get one of there Packages they offer with GPRS EDGE. Dont think there is a 3G Network in Pattaya. Maybe one of the companies will start sometime this year. Till then stick with Dtac, they are the fastest offer with EDGE in my Opinion.

Edited by CHdiver

If memory serves, two or three years ago some kind of measure was passed or agreed to which allows subscribers to retain their mobile phone numbers when switching from one carrier to another. So losing your phone number should not be a consideration when evaluating which company to sign with.

Congratulations, I was considering the N900 as well but finally went for a new IPhone.

By the way, is there now any 3G available in Pattaya. I am subscribed to AIS, their webpage is showing some coverage in Pattaya, but I never was able to log into it. Maybe need a special price plan?

How about DTAC, ToT and True?

Cheers

I just bought the phone through AIS. Part of the deal is you get 3 months unlimited internet for Baht 300/month. Thereafter the package is Baht 900/month. It is an awesome phone; lovely high resolution screen, very fast processor, great home screen(s) customisation, PC quality internet browsing and amazing multi tasking ability. I was also pleasantly surprised to see the number of applications already available for the phone.

Edited by Bkkboet