Standard, Thai Home Tenancy Agreement

somchaismith

Posted this in the housing sub-forum, but had minimal luck.

Apparently, this is a copy of a standard, Thai home tenancy agreement, available at most good bookstores and newsstands. For something so common, I would have thought an English translation would be freely available. Though, I'm having trouble finding one. Maybe a poster could provide a link to a translated copy?

My landlord is of the belief that she's allowed to enter our abode without any prior notice. She's set off three clauses in the contract with asterisks.

img-resized.png Reduced: 67% of original size [ 756 x 1023 ] - Click to view full imageTenancyAgreement1.jpg

It'd be great and appreciated if I even got, these three clauses, translated.

:)

Edited by somchaismith

They roughly mean...

1) You are responsible for paying for the electricity, water, taxes and other applicable fees.

2) You are responsible for all expenses large and small relating to the upkeep and repair of the room.

3) If you fail to pay the rent on time, you agree to forfeit the deposit. You agree to allow the renter to remove your possessions and lock the room immediately without informing you in advance, and to move out of the premises.

This is not the same form but it might help you in a discussion/negotiation or in the future:

http://www.thailawforforeigners.com/forms/...t_Agreement.pdf

I found a few such things but none exactly the same as your form. Is there a code at the top of your form (perhaps one or two Thai letters and a number, for example)? If so, that could make finding a translation easier.

Also, speaking of bookstores, you could try asking the staff at SE-ED to point you in the direction of this book: http://www.se-ed.com/eshop/Products/Detail...CookieSupport=1

It's a collection of bilingual legal documents, including rental contracts. If you don't find this exact book, you may well find another like it.

Edited by aanon

They roughly mean...

1) You are responsible for paying for the electricity, water, taxes and other applicable fees.

2) You are responsible for all expenses large and small relating to the upkeep and repair of the room.

3) If you fail to pay the rent on time, you agree to forfeit the deposit. You agree to allow the renter to remove your possessions and lock the room immediately without informing you in advance, and to move out of the premises.

Thanks, you're a gem :) !

I had no idea the the contractual terms were so outrageously tilted to the advantage of the lessor.

Edited by somchaismith

Is there a code at the top of your form (perhaps one or two Thai letters and a number, for example)? If so, that could make finding a translation easier.

Thanks for your help :) .

I've looked over this document and also last year's contract in detail (we rented the same home)

and everything which is printed on the latest is in the scan. Unfortunately, there's no document number, on the front or back. Does the writing under the signature spaces have any identification numbers?

Is there a code at the top of your form (perhaps one or two Thai letters and a number, for example)? If so, that could make finding a translation easier.

Thanks for your help :) .

I've looked over this document and also last year's contract in detail (we rented the same home)

and everything which is printed on the latest is in the scan. Unfortunately, there's no document number, on the front or back. Does the writing under the signature spaces have any identification numbers?

No, it doesn't. Never mind. Mike_l has given you a good indication of what's in the clauses anyway.