• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya.

Visited once .

never forgotten.

Never revisited.

Cess pit

If you think Pattaya is dangerous, thake a trip to Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paolo. then you'll see!

Is that because of the amazingly beautiful women? Or the favelas? :) One almost got her hooks into me many years ago...what a great time.

Why do people equate tattoos with thuggery, I got tattoos (lots) and I am a very respectable retired public servant.

It's a cultural thing. In Japan if you're a gang member you get tattoos to show you don't mind pain. In the States, if you're in prison (not just jail) it helps to pass the time and develop alliances, so people who spend a lot of time in prison tend to have a lot of (very poorly done) tattoos. Unfortunately lots of people don't understand logic: lots of prison leads to lots of tattoos, but lots of tattoos don't necessarily mean lots of prison. Just look at the broad who was getting it on with Jesse James (Sandra Bullock's husband). She's covered with tats but has never been in prison.

Here in Thailand tattoos might have a religious significance. They've been used for centuries as magic. Unfortunately, lots of the people who wanted the magical spell were also thugs and crooks.

There's something a bit odd here. They demanded 120,000 baht as a ransom??

Perhaps he owed them 120,000 baht and they went totally over the top?

Sorry to be so cynical, but it doesn't make any sense.

no, what doesn't make sense is that there are groups out there called "Swiss German Gangs". i laugh everytime i see that on my screen. what do they do for fun, fondue parties and shit? haha, nice tattoos asshol_e, way to leave the neckline clear for your dayjob....

I would like to clarify something here, there are motorcycle gangs and motor enthusiasts, I belong to the latter group.

In conversations with friends about great motorcycles, Harley Davidson's are not even mentioned, why would they be?

The whole Harley Davidson gang cult is something else entirely, but still they can't all be bad. Such as the Jesters have a very good reputation.

Why do people equate tattoos with thuggery, I got tattoos (lots) and I am a very respectable retired public servant.

Maybe because most of the guys that do this sort of thing has tatts, :)

God created tattoos so that normal folk can tell who the crimms and d$%^heads are. :D

Good to see the police acting on these bikies no one should be subject to that abuse , I hope they get their limbs broken in the monkey house.

From Looks of those blokes I doubt anyone in a Thai prison could do anything to them. "WHOSE YOUR DADDY?"

Whilst Pattaya is without a doubt a one of the biggest freak shows on the planet (and I love it for that) - you can hardly say stay away because of a small minority of idiots like those guys.

My experience of bikers Worldwide is always positive, even though I refuse to go on motorbikes nowadays I always end up having a laugh with them, they really know how to party...

As said above there's more to this story, no way was that a random act for 100K.

Biker gangs routinely kill off their competition in Canada

Indeed they do....frequently...and sometimes completely innocent people get killed in the crossfire.. but people still continue to make excuses for them. It's easy to forget that these bike gangs are organized criminals...who, when it suits their purpose can be "nice guys" for PR purposes......just like the real Mafia. Bottom line...they are brutal, violent thugs who will kill or seriously injure anyone who gets in their way.....

Of course there are many other "bikers" who are just normal decent people who for reasons known only to themselves choose to ride around on death traps and dress up like brutal violent thugs.... and get very offended when somebody mistakes them for the real thing... I know we are not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but we do. If somebody wants to cover themselves in tatoos, dress in leather and chains, and ride around on a big ugly Harley...<deleted> do they expect us to think?? Not fair...but if you don't want people to think you are an asshol_e....try not to look like one for starters.....

<deleted>! Ugly Harley? Shame Shame Shame

I would like to clarify something here, there are motorcycle gangs and motor enthusiasts, I belong to the latter group.

In conversations with friends about great motorcycles, Harley Davidson's are not even mentioned, why would they be?

The whole Harley Davidson gang cult is something else entirely, but still they can't all be bad. Such as the Jesters have a very good reputation.

I crack up when seeing 50-60 year old guys with huge bellies, tats, mostly bald heads (but with some scraggly pony tail) cruising down the road on a hog. I am also a motor enthusiast, but got out of it when I witnessed my friends death many years ago, which was just after I spent 3 months visiting my other, now permanently disfigured, friend in a hospital. Just not worth it...life is too short and especially here, riding bikes makes it even shorter.

I had a friend tell me if I ever went to Pattaya, to be very careful. Lots of mafia types there, is this true? Other than that, it looks like a fun place to visit for a few days

Pattaya is no different from most other towns and cities in Thailand except for the number of farang tourist visible. Caution is certainly appropriate, especially if you hang out in some of the seedy areas created by farang for farang. These areas are easily identified, just look for farang sitting in the bar drinking beer at 8am and/or farang with looks similar to the guys featured in this thread. I have read the suggestion "not to judge a book by it's cover" but around Pattaya City, farang like these are open books enabling you to see past the cover.

I truly hope that Pattaya City and Thailand continue with some level of effort to rid the country of non-desirable farang but these criminal elements get lost in the hustle and bustle of BKK, lay low upcountry surfacing only when necessary or just become part of the tourist scene in Pattaya.

I crack up when seeing 50-60 year old guys with huge bellies, tats, mostly bald heads (but with some scraggly pony tail) cruising down the road on a hog. I am also a motor enthusiast, but got out of it when I witnessed my friends death many years ago, which was just after I spent 3 months visiting my other, now permanently disfigured, friend in a hospital. Just not worth it...life is too short and especially here, riding bikes makes it even shorter.

Sorry about your friends, yes it's terribly tragic. It's true it really is so very dangerous here, I rode bikes from 16 year old to 44 years old in the UK, when I came here I bought a GSXR400R, but couldn't cope with the driving standards and sold it. It felt like every day could likely be my last, no thought or consideration from the locals, get out of my way attitude.

The enthusiasm never leaves me, but prefer to watch Moto GP on the TV now.

We are going off topic, sorry.

Sorry for being off topic, but had to tell this story. I was crossing the border from Montenegro to Albania a few years ago. Met a couple of Germans on some really cool machines (BMW's, obviously). Totally setup for a long adventure. They were riding from Germany to Turkey, and taking 3 months to do it. Some really amazing countryside. I still dream of doing this some day....

And last year met a guy from France who did a month long supported tour with a group in India. Everyone had a classic Enfield...awesome....

Thailand should get tough with these types. Ban the sale and use of motorcycles over 400cc. Discourage them from coming here. They have to go else where to show off how bad they are w/o the over powered, noisey, dangerouss ball busters they like to ride.

Theres no reason to have foriegn gangs operating in this country. There are enough laws ,I'm sure that they could get these people out of thailand.

As most of the idiot class of bike riders prefer H-Ds, surely that should be underpowered! :) And you forgot overweight. :D

Thailand should get tough with these types. Ban the sale and use of motorcycles over 400cc. Discourage them from coming here. They have to go else where to show off how bad they are w/o the over powered, noisey, dangerouss ball busters they like to ride.

Theres no reason to have foriegn gangs operating in this country. There are enough laws ,I'm sure that they could get these people out of thailand.

As most of the idiot class of bike riders prefer H-Ds, surely that should be underpowered! :) And you forgot overweight. :D

A bit more off topic, oh what the hel_l, it's more interesting than talking about Harley Freaks. I assume you own or owned a Laverda? I have owned hundreds of bikes, but never a Laverda. Friend had one, a 3C, I rode it a few times

Just 1 question - why did it take the police 2 years to arrest these guys?

I know them, I know where their Club house is - never been a secret (and certainly not a hideout) and I know that at least 1 of them has been here in Pattaya all the time!

Interesting to read that thread,

I was several times in Sihanoukville in Cambodia and the-Lone Brothers- or some of them have there a Bar, always some Lone Brothers there. I cannot remember if I saw one of the faces of the arrested. But I will inform my friend there who has a Restaurant in Snookys and Lone Brothers are his guests and he delivers food to theire Bar.

Maybe I can hear theire side of the story.

Somewhere the-Jesters- Motorcycle group has been positively mentioned, I like them also, special the often funny T-shirts they produce and sale on Bike weeks and in theire -Tahitian Queen- GoGo bar on the Pattaya Beach road. (Sorry, that they stopped now to make new designs.)

The Jesters, sometime in SNV also, can also be found in the -Lone Brothers- Sihanoukville Bar.

Cheers.

I'm really glad they got these Guys, next they need to round up all the Red Shirts then life can be shiny and new again in Pattaya. :)

I don't think people should associate negative things with Pattaya, Pattaya is awesome, it is Beautiful, I think the Music Festival is going on if it has not been canceled because of the Thaksin/Red Shirts Terrorists, but if the Music Festival IS going on as planned you can walk around Pattaya and hear different kinds of Music from all over Thailand as well as many other participating Countries, you can meet many famous Thai Music Artists who walk the Streets in Pattaya during the Music Festival.

There are lots of GOOD people in Pattaya, and Pattaya as a place is one of my favorite places in the Whole world, and I have been many many Places in the World.

Someday I plan to buy a piece of Land in Pattaya and build a house there. And the reason is because of the people, the beach, and the fact that when I walk down the street at sunset I feel at home. The smell of Barbecue fills the Air in one area, near Walking Street you smell incense from all the Bars who lite Incense at dusk every night. Even the College Girls come down to Pattaya on the weekends and hang out on the Board walk and try to get a little action. :D

It is a Spawning Ground for everyone who is single and for some who wish they were again. :D

Sex IS part of Pattaya, Symbolized by the Beautiful Brass Statue near the Center of Town. But SEX IS NOT EVIL, it is the very origin of Human Existence.

Buddhism teaches to Embrace Human Nature not Condemn it. Only other Religions who propagate hate preach to Hate Sex and call it Sinful.

So if you hate Pattaya because it is a Sexy Place, if you hate Sex, then commit to those Beliefs and cut off your Genitals please. Because we definitely don't need anymore Hate mongers like you running around in the world now do we? :D

These Bikers are like Rodents of Pattaya not Symbols of it. If you want a Symbol of Pattaya, I would say the Beautiful Girls would be the Greatest Symbol. The Origin of Pattaya started from Beautiful Compassionate Thai Girls who took American Soldiers who lived their lives in utter hel_l in fear and torment every day, seeing Death and Destruction most can't even imagine, and these Girls gave these men a moment of Peace and Happiness in their Lives, and for many it was their LAST moment of Happiness and Peace. So in this way Pattaya is kind of a Memorial of Honor for Thailand and Thai Women. It demonstrates the Compassion and Love that these Girls gave then, And Still give today for those weary souls who can't find love in this World. They come to Pattaya to find what they cannot find anywhere else. But even THIS is not evil, it is an act of Desire for Love, and it is an Act of Compassion by the Women who give this Love.

And for those who are not in search of Sex from the Girls but just want to have someone show them around Thailand, someone who can Speak Thai, and a little English, there are Girls who can serve as VIP Travel Guides in those Bars as well. They can show any Tourist many places they might not have seen otherwise and give any tourist the Greatest Thai Vacation they could Dream of.

But as I mentioned earlier, Pattaya is also a place for Happiness in many forms, this week it is Music, it is a place where people can relax and sit on the beach and have a Beer, when doing such things is illegal in many parts of the World. So in Pattaya you can live out your Dreams, even if your Dream is to sit on the Beach and have a Beer, in Pattaya you CAN.

Others like to have a Farm in Pattaya just off the Beach, there are nice green fields of Pasture, or some come to Worship at the Large Buddha on the Mountain Top one of the Largest Buddhas in Thailand in one of the most Beautiful Locations. There is a small Zoo near the Center of town. There is an Amusement Park not far from there where people can go to be happy in a different way. There is Xyte Night Club where people can Dance and have fun in a Different way, and if you want to see a Lady Boy Show, they have clubs that offer that too.

So as you can see Pattaya represents Peace and Happiness in many forms above all else.

So I really don't like it when people try to associate Rodent Scum like these Bikers with Pattaya as if THEY Represent Pattaya. Because I know they do NOT represent Pattaya. Go to Pattaya and see for yourself, there is far more there than you might imagine.

I don't think people should associate negative things with Pattaya, Pattaya is awesome, it is Beautiful, I think the Music Festival is going on if it has not been canceled

BIG SNIP

Yes it's on and folks are having a great time there

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Pattaya-Inte....html&st=25

A bit more off topic, oh what the hel_l, it's more interesting than talking about Harley Freaks. I assume you own or owned a Laverda? I have owned hundreds of bikes, but never a Laverda. Friend had one, a 3C, I rode it a few times

Sorry had work to do! Yes, an original Slater Bros conversion, 3CE#1492, for more than 20 years. By today's standards, a bit agricultural and top-heavy, but very stable up to around 240km/hr. Cam didn't start to work till around 160, top gear good from 40-240. Had a couple of Guzzis as well, just for variety. :D:D

That's impossible. I never met a respectable public servant in my life. The two terms, "public servant" and "respectable" are diametrically opposed. What country? :)

That's impossible. I never met a respectable public servant in my life. The two terms, "public servant" and "respectable" are diametrically opposed. What country? :)

Perfect. Unfortunately, tats do tend to put you into a particular mold. And it is not one most folks like. But like all generalizations, it is just a generalization. Exceptions do exist. Body art can be really awesome...

Sorry had work to do! Yes, an original Slater Bros conversion, 3CE#1492, for more than 20 years. By today's standards, a bit agricultural and top-heavy, but very stable up to around 240km/hr. Cam didn't start to work till around 160, top gear good from 40-240. Had a couple of Guzzis as well, just for variety. :D:D

Progress is progress, it's still a remarkable bike, I remember the headlines in MCN regarding the Jota, great stuff.

I also like special and fast cars, but you can't beat bikes for kicks. Shame it's so dangerous here! I always hankered for a Ducati, still do somewhat. Where is the Laverda?

Back on topic, in my much younger years I was invited to meet the members of one of these gangs in Peterborough, I come from the North. I went down on my Bonneville, not knowing what to expect, dam_n, I couldn't get away fast enough, just a bunch of thugs. I left ASAP worrying about getting into bother with the law. While I am sure we cannot tar everyone with the same brush, it has stuck in my mind. It's not for me, I just wanted to enjoy my bikes, not terrorise anyone.

Last night I met a finnish Guy -Tattoos- with jacket displaying logo of a MC club and riding a very large black bike -- He admitted he had never ridden a bike before coming to Pattaya on holiday and had great fun racing down a road terrorising the pedestrians.

A] he is giving the MC clubs a bad name and some do good work for charity

b] isn't it time that the police insisted that those renting bikes out photocopied the person's driving licence and maybe sent copies to the traffic police with the bike registration number and copy of passport T

Then if any one reported him for driving offences it would be easier to catch him

Incidently he had not been asked to show a driving licence when he hired the bike nor had a friend who hired a big bike when the only licence he had was a learner bike licence from UK

Pattaya, world renowned resort of culture :D

we shouldn't judge before we've been, but what do we do if we never want to go?

I went there once, about five years ago. I never went back! But people say it's nice there. :)

I came here once, eight years ago, and never went back......to the UK. (Except for holidays) I feel much more safe here than I do in my hometown of an evening. Knife crime, muggings etc.