Swiss German Gang Arrested For Torture & Kidnapping

Rimmer

Swiss German Gang Arrested For Torture & Kidnapping

PATTAYA:-- Four foreign men have been arrested in Pattaya on Friday wanted in connection with a reported kidnapping and torture of a German national over two years ago. The four men are part of a motorbike gang called the “Lone Brother Group.”

Pattaya, the 19th of March 2010 [PDN]: At approximately 5:30pm on Friday, police Colonel Somnuk Changate (Banglamung Police Superintendent) along with police Colonel Atisawit Kamonrat (Chon-Buri Immigration Superintendent) and a joint team of officers arrested 4 motorbike gang members in an unnamed Pattaya village community. The men were wanted in connection with the kidnapping and torture of a foreign man in 2008.

With the use of an arrest warrant, following a report filed by Mr. Michael Spinter [37] a German national on the 12th of March 2010, police were able to arrest 5 members of the Lone Brother Group; Mr. Gabriel Frey [40] a Swiss national, Mr. Manfred Decker [52], Mr. Heinz Adam [42], Mr Peter Marzog [46] and Mr. Sven Vehma [42] all of whom are German nationals. Mr. Frey is believed to be the leader of the group which is now known to be a part of the larger “Cycle Club MC” gang. With the use of the aforementioned arrest warrants the police taskforce stormed their Pattaya hideout arresting 4 of the group. Mr. Vehma was able to escape before police arrived at the scene.

Mr. Spinter explained, in his statement to Banglamung police, that he was deceived and detained against his will before being tortured repeatedly for a period of 9 hours. He revealed that the group of men responsible for the assault were part of a foreign motorbike gang known as the “Lone Brother Group.” At the time of the incident he stated that 5 men tied him down before breaking his fingers and burning his limbs on a motorbike exhaust. A 120,000 baht ransom was paid to the gang by Mr. Spinter’s Thai wife. The gang had threatened to murder Mr. Spinter and his wife if they reported the incident to police.

In a further statement by Mr. Spinter, he revealed that the group, lead by Mr. Frey, also operated a motorbike sales business in Pattaya. According to Mr. Spinter he had engaged Mr. Frey with the intention of purchasing a motorbike from the shop, when the deal did not eventuate; Mr. Frey and his gang proceeded to kidnap, detain and torture Mr. Spinter as a result of the failed dealings, subsequently requesting a ransom.

All four arrested men have denied the charges levelled against them, however; police at present have enough evidence and key witnesses to proceed with the case. The arrested gang members have been detained in police custody whilst investigations continue in an attempt apprehend the fifth offender, Mr. Vehma, who managed to escape.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-03-20

Pictures of the arrest

HERE

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice people, just another reason to stay away from Pattaya, except for a very short holiday. I like to know under whose protection they fall. I cannot imagine that the police did not know about their operations. The victim could not have been the only victim.

Check out the guys (the walking art gallery) left hand in the photo...that pose will stand him well in the clinks showers.

Yep. The vast majority of us who love bikes love to ride....and that's it. No gang violence...no drug dealing...no extortion, etc. And yes again this does happen with bike gangs and can happen anywhere. But they are a tiny minority of bikers. I hung out with a group of Bandidos in the States on one of my wanderings (I was snowed in for 3 days) and they could not have have been more friendly and hospitable. But then I was their guest...not an enemy.

Bike gangs have a loyalty, that few of us can understand, to the group. If you cause any offence to the group or it's patch, any of the members or their families then you will be a target.

A Swiss national is the leader? Very odd as Switzerland hates anything louder than a sewing machine.

Hey just some guys having fun. I think the victim must have owed them the money - they look a decent enough bunch of guys. This is what happens when you deal with folk like that. - Use a reputable dealer who has more normal skin cover than tatoo. Also knowing the Thai justice system, the complaint had better get his sorry backside out of town before they get out - if the are not out already.

Edited by KevinB

Wish I had friends that looked as cool and was as tough as these guys.

You are joking ? Germans have never realised that wearing huge moustaches and being overweight have never been cool, at least for 100 years !

They really do look like circus freaks. Well 90% of them at least.

Edited by ukfool

Nice people, just another reason to stay away from Pattaya, except for a very short holiday. I like to know under whose protection they fall. I cannot imagine that the police did not know about their operations. The victim could not have been the only victim.

Doe's anyone need a reason?

Pattaya does attract the very best of foreign investors..... :D

They can't be guilty....bikers would never do anything like this.....they just love to ride........... :)

Indeed! They should just build a wall around Pattaya and throw raw meat over ever so often... or a Red Shirt.

What snobbish twaddle. I'm in pattaya this weekend avoiding the trouble in Bangkok. Biker gangs torturing people are nowhere to seen.

Please don't blame it on Pattaya. Biker gangs exist all over the world.

Which part of glamorous Thailand are hanging out

Whilst Pattaya is without a doubt a one of the biggest freak shows on the planet (and I love it for that) - you can hardly say stay away because of a small minority of idiots like those guys.

My experience of bikers Worldwide is always positive, even though I refuse to go on motorbikes nowadays I always end up having a laugh with them, they really know how to party...

As said above there's more to this story, no way was that a random act for 100K.

Biker gangs routinely kill off their competition in Canada

^ Did I say they didn't?

I said my overall experience of bikers was positive - I would imagine that anybody else that has knocked around with them would say the same.

The Canada thing is different, there's allot of money involved with those guys activity - they're major criminals. Involve that much money and crime people will get bumped, that's not unique to bikers...

They really know how to party after killing half a dozen of their associates or competitors it is always a positive experience.

Pattaya, world renowned resort of culture :D

we shouldn't judge before we've been, but what do we do if we never want to go?

I went there once, about five years ago. I never went back! But people say it's nice there. :)

I had a friend tell me if I ever went to Pattaya, to be very careful. Lots of mafia types there, is this true? Other than that, it looks like a fun place to visit for a few days

Not true at all, you'll enjoy it here.

As anywhere else you'll only get in bother if you create it yourself.

:)

Whilst Pattaya is without a doubt a one of the biggest freak shows on the planet (and I love it for that) - you can hardly say stay away because of a small minority of idiots like those guys.

My experience of bikers Worldwide is always positive, even though I refuse to go on motorbikes nowadays I always end up having a laugh with them, they really know how to party...

As said above there's more to this story, no way was that a random act for 100K.

Biker gangs routinely kill off their competition in Canada

Indeed they do....frequently...and sometimes completely innocent people get killed in the crossfire.. but people still continue to make excuses for them. It's easy to forget that these bike gangs are organized criminals...who, when it suits their purpose can be "nice guys" for PR purposes......just like the real Mafia. Bottom line...they are brutal, violent thugs who will kill or seriously injure anyone who gets in their way.....

Of course there are many other "bikers" who are just normal decent people who for reasons known only to themselves choose to ride around on death traps and dress up like brutal violent thugs.... and get very offended when somebody mistakes them for the real thing... I know we are not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but we do. If somebody wants to cover themselves in tatoos, dress in leather and chains, and ride around on a big ugly Harley...<deleted> do they expect us to think?? Not fair...but if you don't want people to think you are an asshol_e....try not to look like one for starters.....

Thailand should get tough with these types. Ban the sale and use of motorcycles over 400cc. Discourage them from coming here. They have to go else where to show off how bad they are w/o the over powered, noisey, dangerouss ball busters they like to ride.

Theres no reason to have foriegn gangs operating in this country. There are enough laws ,I'm sure that they could get these people out of thailand.