Best Route For A Ride If Your Renting In Pattaya ?

sokal

I am renting a crotch rocket in Pattaya and I want to go on a ride for a day or 2. I don't really care where the destination is, I just want to ride on some open road, preferably with some strait stretches and some steep hills so I can bury the needle a bit. I was thinking of riding to Koh Chang and touring the whole island. I know the roads there are nice and steep in some places, plus great scenery.

Also, is there places in BKK where you can rent crotch rockets for cheap, similar to Pattaya ?

Be careful of the bike you rent. If it's a CBR or R1 import etc, they ain't rego'd and you can't take them out of Patters.

Hire an ER6-f, from the nice Muslim lady on Beach Road (Soi 13/2). Her name's Leila. She won't rip you off.

The road from pattaya to Koh Chang is soooooo boringly straight. The road on Koh Chang IS NOT suited to a big bike. it is very tight cornering and short steep hills.

If you push it you will end up doing not nice things to u and the bike. There are far too many inexperienced people renting scooters that they cannot ride and get in your way...often coming towards u on the wrong side of the road.

There was a thread a while ago describing a trip to the west of Pattaya/Rayong with good empty enjoyable roads. But remember Thailand is NO place for speeding with the unexpected sure to happen.

The bikes are no insurance....u break it u pay thru the nose to fix

There are some awesome roads in Rayong and Chantaburi and Trat if you are inclined to sniff them out.

Ride On!

Tony

I am sure he has his little good luck charm or Bhudda picture attached to his bike. And of course then nothing bad can happen to him. Right? Well that is what all the nitwit thai drivers say so it must be true.

I am sure he has his little good luck charm or Bhudda picture attached to his bike. And of course then nothing bad can happen to him. Right? Well that is what all the nitwit thai drivers say so it must be true.

Huh? What are you on about? Posting while drunk again? :D

I'm neither Thai nor Buddhist... But I do agree with you that there are a lot of nitwit drivers out there! :)

Ride On!

Tony

excellent vid...<deleted> music! :D

What? You don't like Aerosmith? Or you just don't like Aerosmith at chipmunk speed :)

reminded me of benny hill on a bad day! ...really nice riding shots though...might have to invest in a cam and mount for my baby now.

There are some awesome roads in Rayong and Chantaburi and Trat if you are inclined to sniff them out.

Ride On!

Tony

Thanks, I will map it out.

This vid looks fairly civil to me, the guy is not riding careless. You get tell that he is very aware of his suroundings. I might have a cam rolling too on my ride.