Max Lyons

Curt1591

In case people hate to read ...

... the reason for the quotations marks around "panorama", was because most the images Max makes are stitched for reasons other than field of view.

This image could have popped out of Grandma's 60 year old Brownie, but it wouldn't have the resolution. The actual finished image is 40,784 x 26,800, packed with over a billion pixels.

It was stitched from 196 images, shot with a 6 megapixel digital camera.

All the artifacts in this photo are from the photo of the photo, obviously.

This is an unresized crop from the original 1.09 gigapixel image: gigapixel_detail_1090mp.jpg

MAXLYONS_1_L.JPG

Shame that the large photo is to me:-

Too light on the left

The middle section is not correct at all as posted below

post-3770-1269351821_thumb.jpg

And last, but not least the whole photo is what it is :D

same as most of mine BTW :)

original.jpg

original.jpg

Sawadee :D

P.S. and I missed your point

... the reason for the quotations marks around "panorama", was because most the images Max makes are stitched for reasons other than field of view.

That photo is laminated, and set up under the harsh lighting of a Las Vegas convention hall. As I pointed out, the artifacts, and anomolies, are from the photo of the photo. The middle section's problems are reflections/glare off the lamination.

I didn't answer your original question.

Ohh my ohh my what have I done wrong with mine :)

Your photos are quite nice. Unfortunately, your ego appears to get in the way! :D

Edited by Curt1591

That photo is laminated, and set up under the harsh lighting of a Las Vegas convention hall. As I pointed out, the artifacts, and anomolies, are from the photo of the photo. The middle section's problems are reflections/glare off the lamination.

I didn't answer your original question.

Ohh my ohh my what have I done wrong with mine :D

Your photos are quite nice. Unfortunately, your ego appears to get in the way! :D

Thank you for your comments about my photos :D

My ego, well, yes you are correct sadly to say. :D got in the way. :cheesy:

Thank you for your post/s in this forum as it is a bit quite :) well at least I posted :D

Sawadee :D

P.S. Will look again at your link AND this time read it :D

Glad that you took that well.

If you look at some of the galleries, linked on the page, you might be amazed at the detail/clarity.

I'm still learning the ropes when it comes to panoramas. At this point, one of my favorites, which happens to shot in your neck of the woods, would be considered a faux pax, technically. But, my neighbors, showing up 3 times, is actually why I enjoy it.

prommitr.2.jpg