Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Jockstar

Really looking forward to playing GTA San Andreas for the PC. Heard so much about it for the PS2 that it will and should be better for the PC. So when is it available in Asia? The 7th June in North America and 10th June in Europe. Does anyone know when we will get it in Asia?

I don't think they need more than 1 week to copy it :o

Maybe with leakage it is here before it comes to USA :D

Than you can use your backup from Panthip or Bittorrent, till the Original is in the store :D

Really looking forward to playing GTA San Andreas for the PC. Heard so much about it for the PS2 that it will and should be better for the PC. So when is it available in Asia? The 7th June in North America and 10th June in Europe. Does anyone know when we will get it in Asia?

Why not just get an import of it?

I know it took YEARS before they got the original in Japan (for the PS2 even).

http://www.gamefaqs.com should have it, or:

http://www.gamerankings.com

My internet is playing up today so can't check at the mo!

i think i'll wait until it comes out here. no point in paying more money just to import a game. To the Moog. I dont have a PS2 so thanks but its no use to me.

just realised this is my 2000th post. I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Penang supping on a nice cold Tiger beer. Might have to get another soon. Cheers.

To the Moog. I dont have a PS2 so thanks but its no use to me.

just realised this is my 2000th post. I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Penang supping on a nice cold Tiger beer. Might have to get another soon. Cheers.

Possibly of use as a beer mat then.

Jockstar.

If you are in Penang have you found the software places their? Prangin Mall on the higher levels,they may even have it their.Also movies should cost 80 ringgets(B80)for good quaility.

I'm playing Silent Hunter3 at the moment,keeping me amused but Im slowly getting tied of it.

The more popular games seem to be released in Thailand reasonably quickly. Half Life 2, for example, was not long in coming. Would hope to see San Andreas in a few weeks time. My experience of buying pirated copies has not been good (can be impossible to then install patches for example) and feel that around 500 Baht is a fair price for the original anyway.

I am also playing Silent Hunter III and getting totally absorbed (and I don't even have an interest in submarines). Really drags you into the experience and when I was sat on the beach yesterday and saw a fishing boat come into Jomtien Bay, I found myself pondering firing solutions for a torpedo.....

Silent Hunter III is a good example!

Without the patches it is full of bugs, so only the Original game can be patched.

On the other side to sell a game which is full of bugs is also a shame.

The more popular games seem to be released in Thailand reasonably quickly. Half Life 2, for example, was not long in coming. Would hope to see San Andreas in a few weeks time. My experience of buying pirated copies has not been good (can be impossible to then install patches for example) and feel that around 500 Baht is a fair price for the original anyway.

I am also playing Silent Hunter III and getting totally absorbed (and I don't even have an interest in submarines). Really drags you into the experience and when I was sat on the beach yesterday and saw a fishing boat come into Jomtien Bay, I found myself pondering firing solutions for a torpedo.....

OK, than I wait for the .6 patch.

played it without patch and shooting destroyer with the deckgun was not 100 % reality I think.....

Or diving with the men on the bridge (under whater but still looking arround.

do you know the hack with the flying submarine, I can have a look if I find it again.....

Yeah, and the latest patch (.3) introduced some brand new bugs of its own!

Still a great game though IMHO. Ran into a huge convoy in the Atlantic last night and the heart rate was definitely racing!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Fortune today. Just on the off chance that they would have GTA. But no luck. The guy in Zest. The original game place. Wasnt very helpful. Said he didn't know when it would be out. The copy guys reckon a week or so. So if anyone see the original in Bangkok somewhere, then do let us know where. Cheers.

Does anyone know where i can get X2 the threat (for pc) or i believe the follow on from that is also out now? I have been trying for bloody ages and can't seem to find it any where. Would appreciate it if anyone see's it in there browsing.

Edited by Boatabike

Went to Fortune today. Just on the off chance that they would have GTA. But no luck. The guy in Zest. The original game place. Wasnt very helpful. Said he didn't know when it would be out. The copy guys reckon a week or so. So if anyone see the original in Bangkok somewhere, then do let us know where. Cheers.

I went to Fortune on Friday and the game was there but no Zest, another place which sold it for 300 Baht and it was a DVD! :D I am planning to buy it next Saturday from Panthip but before that I want to ask you people that would I be able to play it from my graphics card which is nVidia GeForce 2 MX 400, 64 MB? Thanks in advance. :o

I want to ask you people that would I be able to play it from my graphics card which is nVidia GeForce 2 MX 400, 64 MB? Thanks in advance. :o

Minimum

1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor

256 MB of RAM

8 speed DVD-ROM Drive

3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install

64 MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers

("GeForce3" or better)

DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card

Keyboard

Mouse

sorry mate

I went to Fortune on Friday and the game was there but no Zest, another place which sold it for 300 Baht and it was a DVD! :D I am planning to buy it next Saturday from Panthip but before that I want to ask you people that would I be able to play it from my graphics card which is nVidia GeForce 2 MX 400, 64 MB? Thanks in advance. :o

So where was this other place in Fortune? Also was it an original or copy? By the way they are only releasing it on DVD so if you dont have one. Better to buy one. 300 Baht for an origianl seems rather cheap. Considering that half Life 2 Was 600baht. Riddick 500 baht. Sound like it may be a copy. But tell me exactly where this shop is and i'll try and go this week. Cheers.

I went to Tuk Com this evening and the shop that sells original games did not have a date for GTA SA. In desperation I bought a copy on DVD but it came up with a couple of errors when I tried to install it; and the finished install starts the main menu where you can set options; but crashes when you try and start the game.

Just as well really, my life is only going to go on hold once I get this game working. For now it is back to submarines and Tom Clancy Chaos Theory. Too many games, not enough time!

So where was this other place in Fortune? Also was it an original or copy? By the way they are only releasing it on DVD so if you dont have one. Better to buy one. 300 Baht for an origianl seems rather cheap. Considering that half Life 2 Was 600baht. Riddick 500 baht. Sound like it may be a copy. But tell me exactly where this shop is and i'll try and go this week. Cheers.

The shop is 1 floor on top of the Zest floor, after u go to that floor there will be someone selling Talking Dicts just go straight on the aisle and there will be some shops selling PC games and GTA: SA too and by the way dude I already own a DVD-ROM! :D

The shop is 1 floor on top of the Zest floor, after u go to that floor there will be someone selling Talking Dicts just go straight on the aisle and there will be some shops selling PC games and GTA: SA too and by the way dude I already own a DVD-ROM! :D

Went today for a look. And true. I could buy it for 300 baht. So i took the plunge and did. Fingers crossed. Got it home and started to load it up. Hey! No worries. Ok! Lets play the game. <deleted>! <deleted> is this. Please insert the correct CD/DVD!!!! Tried unistalling and reinstalling disabling Firewalls etc. No ######iing joy. So looks like its back to Fortune tomorrow. By the way. Has anyone actually played using the mouse and keyboard? I think i'm gonna invest in a decent controllor. Very similar to the PS2 controller. Anyone usung these and any idea on cost. Seen 2 today that were over 1k. Peng mak!!!

Went today for a look. And true. I could buy it for 300 baht. So i took the plunge and did. Fingers crossed. Got it home and started to load it up. Hey! No worries. Ok! Lets play the game. <deleted>! <deleted> is this. Please insert the correct CD/DVD!!!! Tried unistalling and reinstalling disabling Firewalls etc. No ######iing joy. So looks like its back to Fortune tomorrow. By the way. Has anyone actually played using the mouse and keyboard? I think i'm gonna invest in a decent controllor. Very similar to the PS2 controller. Anyone usung these and any idea on cost. Seen 2 today that were over 1k. Peng mak!!

Same problem here , installed no problem but got the CD/DVD error

If you solve the prob let me know as I will not get back to pantip till mid next week.

There is a directory on the copy disk called "crack". Copy the gta.exe file from there into your gta directory and the game will work.

I actually looed for a crack/ But could find none called crack. Will try again later. If no joy then i'll take it back tomorrow