Exporting Frozen Fruit/puree

cm96

Good day all from Chiang Mai, (where current rains have cleared the usually smokey March air... :) )

I'm currently looking for manufacturers of Frozen Fruit & Fruit Purees such as Mango, Watermelon, Bannana, Strawberry, Coconut. So far the one's I've talked to don't/wont keep samples of off-season fruits/purees, frozen.

Who are the quality makers of frozen fruit puree for export in Thailand?

I'm also seeking advice on exporting to the U.S. regarding licenses and restrictions from experienced exporters...Raro & others..??

Any advice on the cheapest method to Air-ship frozen goods?

I would appreciate any/all help.

Thanks!!

I'm not much qualified to say anything about frozen food as it is a very specialized business that we do not touch. However, if you plan seafreight, it is very difficult to get reefer containers as they are ...well...reserved in a way for a consortium with structures usually associated with the Island of Sicily.

As for airfreight, there are special rates for perishables and food would probably fall under that category (unless it has its own sub-category).

NB that you need FDA paperwork to export and it is usually the manufacturer who has it and is the exporter in the shipping documents. Here your problem starts, the exporter will learn latest in this moment who your importer on the other side is. So unless you are the importer on the other side you are out of the business before you are even starting.