Non-o Multiple Visa In Kl

Hi,

Would appreciate update info if any expat fathers or mothers of Thai children have received a one year Non-O multiple entry visa in KL, or any other countries in the region? If so, what documentation did you have to submit?

Hi i don't know much about it myself but i have a friend that is flying to KL tommorrow for the same kind of visa

He has told me that he needs to take all relevant documents [marriage certificate, kids birth certificates]

Also he needs to take a bank statement showing that he has 100,000 thai baht in a thai bank account [unlike some visas this doesnt need to be shown as being in the bank for 3 months before visa application]

He has taken all this information from the KL thai consulate, although personally i would call them to ensure all the information is correct before heading to KL.

From last reports here he will not obtain more than a single entry non immigrant O visa at KL unless married to the mother. Please let us know how he makes out as it is of interest to a number of posters.

Edit: I notice now you listed marriage certificate so he must be married rather than single making application for a Thai Child so it is not the same visa reason as the OP - for marriage it is possible with what he has - for parent of a child it is not from reports here.

Hi yes he is married to the mother of the children

The OP does not mention if he is married to the mother or not.

I will report how my friend went on on his return

There was a typo in my last posting, it should have said that my friend got his info from the KL thai consulate WEBSITE, again personally i would call the consulate before leaving thailand.

Hi again,

Thanks for your input. I am not married to the Thai mother, but as we are living together, it sounds like we should get a marriage certificate to be sure of obtaining a 1-year multiple entry visa in KL.

Marriage to Thai opens up other options for you, and you can apply for 12 month extension of stay based on marriage at Thai immigration if you meet the requirements. Financial requirements being 400k in Thai bank in your name for 2 months prior to application (2/3 months for renewals - depends on immigration office) OR 40k/month income. If income is from abroad you will need embassy letter; if from within Thailand will need tax receipts. No need for border runs but will need to report address to immigration every 90 days.

Or can apply for multiple entry Non-O visa at consulate abroad on basis of marriage to Thai. KL will issue within the region against show of marriage certificate, copy of wife's ID card, tabbien bahn, short note from wife requesting issue of visa and 100k in bank. But some have received first multiple entry Non-O visa without meeting that, so it may be issued with a request that next year are able to show full funds. Will have to do border runs every 90 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you were viewing a web site from the Embassy in Kuala Lumpur? The only site I know is the general page provided by the MFA in Thailand which does not provide more than general information.

Thanks chum for the download, answers the 100,000bht question. Did they send a copy of the application form, thought l'd do all that before hand, l have got the one they use in the UK, don't know if it's the same. :) .

Don't have the visa form but when you arrive at the embassy go and get a ticket number first then you can just sit down and fill in the form while waiting for your turn at the counter.

• 3 months later...

Just came back from KL. If you are not married (but have a Thai child) they will issue only a 90 days single entry Non-O.

This is really stupid, because I mailed them that I want to get a multiple entry Non-O based on a Thai child. They just sent me the attachment you find in this thread.

I mean, why make a visa based on a Thai child if you are married anyway? There is no reason...

Not married:

- will get only 90 days single entry

married:

- will get 12 month multiple entry

- you will need a Thai bank statement with 100,000 THB

OR

- a bank statement from your home country with 800,000 THB