The Brasserie Again.

IanForbes

I took two lovely ladies to the Brasserie on Sunday night. It was pretty quiet and not much of a crowd for the blues bands. But, we had steak suppers. It wasn't cheap but certainly enoyable. The two ladies each ordered a steak and then ordered ANOTHER one. They must have been hungry, or don't get to eat steak very often. The T-bone was a bit tough, but the sirloin was very nice. The veggies were not over done... which is always a plus. The drinks were a little more expensive than bar drinks, but I imagine you have to pay more for the ambiance of dining along the river, and pay for the live music. And, it was nice to dine without blaring music blasting in your ears. And, we could actually hold a conversation while dining without shouting at each other. Of course, the loud music with the live band starts about 10:30. Some like it and some don't, but the musicians are all very good at what they do.

Really not quite sure why you added so much detail about the women you treated to dinner! Never been happy catching one fish and going home ?! Otherwise, interested to know that you ran into two girls in Thailand who have such an appreciation for steak. Perhaps you ought to check out a few vegetarians! Cheaper dates, I would gather!

Really not quite sure why you added so much detail about the women you treated to dinner! Never been happy catching one fish and going home ?! Otherwise, interested to know that you ran into two girls in Thailand who have such an appreciation for steak. Perhaps you ought to check out a few vegetarians! Cheaper dates, I would gather!

You missed the point entirely.

It's called random acts of kindness. I enjoy treating people who would not otherwise have the opportunity to do certain things. I think the steak meals were about 300 baht each. I don't do it all the time, but it's kind of fun once in a while to splurge. Most of the time for myself I can live on one or two Thai meals a day that cost 40 baht each. The two gals are good friends and I've known them at least 6 years. But, that wasn't the point of the topic. It was that the meals were good and the atmosphere was pleasant, although a little bit dark for my taste. I prefer better lighting than just a candle. It's too hard to read the menu unless you've got teenager vision. I just told the gals to order what ever they wanted. It was my treat for them. But, I'm often surprised how much these little Thai gals can eat.

It's called random acts of kindness. I enjoy treating people who would not otherwise have the opportunity to do certain things. I think the steak meals were about 300 baht each. I don't do it all the time, but it's kind of fun once in a while to splurge. Most of the time for myself I can live on one or two Thai meals a day that cost 40 baht each. The two gals are good friends and I've known them at least 6 years. But, that wasn't the point of the topic. It was that the meals were good and the atmosphere was pleasant, although a little bit dark for my taste. I prefer better lighting than just a candle. It's too hard to read the menu unless you've got teenager vision. I just told the gals to order what ever they wanted. It was my treat for them. But, I'm often surprised how much these little Thai gals can eat.

Ian, can you tell us what sort of 'fly' you are using.

Either the type of fly or your 'mo' because you always have more lovely Thai girls dripping off you than Barbara Hutton had diamonds. :)

Often threads in the CM forum fall prey to really awful innuendos. Guys, you either dont get out enough, or you just have unusually bad chat up lines (if the innuendos are anything to go by). :)

The two ladies each ordered a steak and then ordered ANOTHER one.

Where i come from thats called "taking liberties" :)

Sure, but when I treat someone I expect them to enjoy themselves. I DID tell them to order what they wanted. They each had a steak and then shared another one between them. I also shared. This was SUPPOSED to be a dining report... not a hot date report. I don't report on those other than to say I enjoy the company of lovely women... wherever they are. And, I do have to sign off right now because one of the gals wants to go swimming this afternoon.

Ian, can you tell us what sort of 'fly' you are using.

Either the type of fly or your 'mo' because you always have more lovely Thai girls dripping off you than Barbara Hutton had diamonds. :)

It's called the Baht lure. Sorry Ian I couldn't resist.

The two ladies each ordered a steak and then ordered ANOTHER one.

Where i come from thats called "taking liberties" :)

Sure, but when I treat someone I expect them to enjoy themselves. I DID tell them to order what they wanted. They each had a steak and then shared another one between them. I also shared. This was SUPPOSED to be a dining report... not a hot date report. I don't report on those other than to say I enjoy the company of lovely women... wherever they are. And, I do have to sign off right now because one of the gals wants to go swimming this afternoon.

well come back after and start a new thread with the pool report, im sure some here are dying to hear what outfits they were wearing, hanging on every word and spinning a new corny line reply :D

Edited by Donnyboy

well come back after and start a new thread with the pool report, im sure some here are dying to hear what outfits they were wearing, hanging on every word and spinning a new corny line reply :)

The swimming was fun and everyone had a good time. One gal is studying Japanese and works hard at it. She is studying every day in the afternoon. Amy brought her two younger brothers to the pool and they REALLY had a great time. One swims quite well and the other is just learning. I spent most of my time "life guarding" the younger one to make sure there were no accidents. Oh, and Amy wore a pretty two piece bathing suit that suited her. Then I took them all to MacDonalds afterwards for burgers. It was funny watching the two boy eating Big Macs that were the size of the boy's faces. I got some funny pictures. When I resize the photos I'll post a few of the better ones. It's nice to have a waterproof camera.

^ Are you suggesting its a drop in the ocean? I guess its sink or swim time. Hard one to digest.

..I'll get my coat.

:)

You are welcome in ANY discussion, eek... always. You always have something intelligent to say, or, if you take exception, you do it with class.

Can't wait Ian even if it is just to see a burger :)

Sounds like you had a great day.

How can you not like a pretty girl who looks after her two brothers first...

Amy_1.sized.jpg

Brothers_3.sized.jpg

Brother_1.sized.jpg

Amy_boys_1.sized.jpg

Oh, and about those big burgers for little guys... :D

Brother_4.sized.jpg

Brother_5.sized.jpg